At-Home Learning Resources During the COVID-19 PandemicAt-Home Learning Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic
To support students, teachers and parents in navigating the new learning landscape, KQED is offering free at-home learning resources for all children and youth in California and beyond. These resources include television programming on KQED World and PBS KIDS 24/7 in the Bay Area as well as free, online learning media and activities for use outside the classroom. These At-Home Learning educational resources are made possible through an unprecedented collaboration between KQED in Northern California and PBS SoCal/KCET in Southern California.
Digital Learning Resources for PreK-12 Educators
School looks quite different this year. Whether your school is doing distance, in-person or hybrid learning, we have free resources to help. Here are a few great places to get started:
- Youth Media Challenges: Election 2020, Engineering for Good and more
- Webinars & Training: Media Making & Media Literacy for all Educators
- KQED Media Academy for Educators
- PBS LearningMedia
- California Public Media Education Service
For Parents and Caregivers
Here are some ways to keep students engaged at home.
- See KQED World and PBS KIDS 24/7 TV schedules and get tune-in information for KQED TV.
- These hands-on-activities, apps and videos for PreK-2 support literacy development and allow families to explore science in their everyday lives. Activities are available in English and Spanish (from PBS KIDS).
- Sign up for the PBS KIDS for Parents newsletter for tips, tools and support while children are home this summer
- Blog series with video playlists and activity ideas for older children
Explore the Nature Around You
Explore Dance, Place and Culture
Family Summer Reading List
Explore Youth Voices
Educational Programming on KQED Public Television
This Fall, KQED public television will offer broadcast schedules tied to educational resources in order to help bridge the digital divide in learning.
- The PBS KIDS 24/7 channel offers children ages 2-8 educational programming across a spectrum of learning domains including literacy, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and social emotional learning. Educational resources are linked to the PBS KIDS 24/7 broadcast schedule and aligned to different educational themes each week. These include printable weekly activity packets for children PreK-K and Gr. 1-2, a Learn at Home destination on PBS KIDS for Parents, and a Learning Resources for New School Routines Collection on PBS LearningMedia for educators.
- KQED WORLD offers a schedule airing weekdays 9am-2pm designed to supplement learning for middle and high-school students. Episodes within the WORLD At-Home Learning Service are tied to PBS LearningMedia resources, and are part of a comprehensive set of resources for educators and students engaged in a variety of learning scenarios.