Youth Advisory BoardYouth Advisory Board
The KQED Youth Advisory Board convenes high school students from across the San Francisco Bay Area to provide feedback for KQED’s content and services and contribute their voices to our coverage. For more details, please read the current eligibility and participation requirements.
Every other Tuesday from 4:30-6:00pm, YAB members have the opportunity to build collaboration skills, network with peers and public media professionals, and produce content for broadcast.
Hybrid Meeting Style: YAB meetings are held both online over Zoom and in-person at our headquarters in San Francisco’s Mission District. Members will receive the full 2023-2024 YAB calendar with more details upon acceptance.
Throughout the year, YAB members can expect to….
- Build their communication skills via pitch sessions, live event speaker opportunities and editorial meetings while learning more about KQED’s different career paths.
- Offer feedback on different KQED programs and services including KQED’s award-winning YouTube series, Above the Noise.
- Produce their own stories and on-air segments for Youth Takeover.
Meet past members!
- 2022-2023 Youth Advisory Board
- 2021-2022 Youth Advisory Board
- 2019-2020 Youth Advisory Board
- 2018-2019 Youth Advisory Board
- 2017–2018 Youth Advisory Board
- 2016–2017 Youth Advisory Board
The Youth Advisory Board is open to all Bay Area high school students. Applications for our next Youth Advisory Board will open after Youth Takeover in April 2024.