Youth Advisory BoardYouth Advisory Board
KQED’s Youth Advisory Board convenes high school students from across the San Francisco Bay Area to provide feedback for KQED’s content and services and contribute their voices to our coverage.
Every other Tuesday from 4:30-6:00pm, YAB members have the opportunity to build collaboration skills, network with peers and public media professionals, and produce content for broadcast.
COVID-19 Considerations: Out of an abundance of caution, YAB meetings will be held as a hybrid model between Zoom meetings and in-person gatherings to be determined upon fluctuating conditions until we can safely transition. We are committed to communicating all updates via email with a minimum of 2 weeks advance notice should any changes be made.
Throughout the year,
YAB members can expect to....
- Build their communication skills via pitch sessions, live event speaker opportunities and editorial meetings while learning more about KQED's different career paths.
- Offer feedback on different KQED programs and services including KQED's award-winning YouTube series, Above the Noise.
- Produce their own stories and on-air segments for Youth Takeover.
Meet past members!
- 2019-2020 Youth Advisory Board
- 2018-2019 Youth Advisory Board
- 2017–2018 Youth Advisory Board
- 2016–2017 Youth Advisory Board
The application for the 2022-2023 cohort is open to all Bay Area high school students. For more details, please read the current eligibility and participation requirements. The deadline to apply is Monday September 5, 2022.