KQED hosts a variety of free online workshops, webinars and events for educators who want to meaningfully engage their students through media making and civic engagement.
Check out our upcoming events below. We hope to see you there!
Last updated: October 27, 2020
November Workshops and Events
Help Students Fight Misinformation One Click at a Time
Date: November 18
Time: 4pm PDT
Learn how to analyze and evaluate online information. With the help of Carly Severn, KQED’s senior digital news engagement editor, we’ll first take you through steps to identifying misinformation. Then, you’ll practice identifying credible social media posts and leave with resources to teach your students these skills.
Date: November 29 - December 5
ISTE20 Live features some of the biggest names in edtech who are eager to share just-in-time strategies to address the challenges of the moment! Attend one (or all!) of our three sessions.
- Youth Voice 2020: Audio/Video Student Media Projects (Nov. 29 at 10:45am PT)
- Small Steps to Essential Skills with PBS Media Literacy Certification (Dec. 1 at 4pm PT)
- KQED Youth Media Challenges: Making Media in Your Remote Classroom (Dec. 4 at 12pm PT)
California STEAM Symposium 2020
Date: December 11-13
CA STEAM Symposium provides excellent peer-led professional learning highlighting ideas, strategies, and innovations that work for ALL students. The goal: Advancing STEAM Equity In All Learning Environments. Come to our two sessions!
- Showcase Learning in the STEAM Classroom with Podcasting (Date and time TBD)
- Amplify Student Voice Through the Engineering Design Process (Date and time TBD)