PBS LearningMedia provides trusted, free, high-quality resources organized into subject-specific collection pages that can be filtered by grade and subtopic within math. Math resources include short videos, lessons and interactive games. PBS LearningMedia's online library of resources is here to help your students keep learning!
We've listed all of the math collections in PBS LearningMedia for easy use. Find a featured collection and suggested learning activity to get you started. Note that all resources can be shared to Google Classroom, emailed or posted to a website.
Start by creating a FREE PBS LearningMedia account to access all the features. You can use the Lesson Builder Tool to add instruction or discussion questions to resources. For example, you can find a lesson about fractions that guides you through the process of engaging students virtually.
Need support for getting started with PBS LearningMedia? Join us for a weekly training webinar Wednesdays at 7:30am PDT. Register
Spring Semester Math
These collections of resources curated by LA Unified School District can support distance learning during school closures.
Grades 3-5 Math | Ratios/Proportions; Expressions/Equations |
Functions/Linear Equations/Creating Equations/Statistics |
High School Functions/Statistics and Probability
PBS LearningMedia Math Collections (full list)
→ Within these collections, you can filter by grade and resource type.
Math Collections by Topics
- K-8 Mathematics: Ranges from counting cardinal numbers to linear equations and functions.
- High School Number and Quantity: Focuses on real and complex numbers, and vectors and matrices.
- High School Algebra: High School Algebra takes students on a mathematical journey that starts with evaluating simple single-variable expressions, continues with linear systems, and challenges them with graphing multi-variable equations.
- High School Functions: A function is the relationship between an input and an output.
- Featured Video with Support Materials: Exponential Growth (grades 9-12)
- High School Geometry: Explores the properties of angles, shapes, and figures in space.
- High School Statistics and Probability: Explores the collection and analysis of data, inferences and conclusions, and the use of probability.
For additional resources, PreK-12 Resources for Emergency Closing Collection is a more extensive list of PBS LearningMedia collections organized by grade and subject area.
Find more resources here: How Teachers Can Navigate School Closures Due to the Coronavirus, including KQED Learn training webinars, curriculum aligned-TV schedule and more.