Youth Takeover Pitch Week ResourcesYouth Takeover Pitch Week Resources
What makes a great radio story?
It's not always easy to come up with a great idea for a radio story. Most of the time, professionals have to pitch several ideas before they are given the green-light to move forward and create the piece.
The California Report Magazine has clear guidelines on what it looks for in a story pitch. A good story pitch must:
- be brief
- include context: why is it important to tell it now?
- include central character(s): who’s the story about?
- provide a unique take on a topic (if the story has already been reported, how are you advancing it?)
- give us a sense of place: where does it happen?
- map out scenes and/or ideas for sound, if possible