Thank you for your overwhelming and positive interest in participating in this special edition of Check, Please! Bay Area, but we are no longer accepting applications at this time!
Is your child a budding food critic with a sophisticated palate?
For the first time ever, kids can have their say on Check, Please! Bay Area…
If your child would love to share the inside scoop on their prized local eatery (restaurant, diner, lunch cafe, hole-in-the-wall, food truck, etc.) now’s the time for them to WOW our producers and pre-register for our casting call for 12 guest reviewers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILD REVIEWERS AND GUARDIANS/PARENTS:
- Your child must be between the ages of 10 and 14 years old
- You and your child must be willing to travel to KQED in San Francisco for an interview on Saturday, August 18. This will be a fun event as well!
- You and your child must be willing to travel up to 50 miles to visit the other two restaurants on the show.
- You and your child must be willing to write a review on each of the restaurants you visit and submit it to the producers prior to the taping.
- You and your child must be available for the show taping in the KQED studios on either September 17 or 18, exact day will be determined after casting is complete.
- You and your child must be available for up to four hours on the designated taping day.
A Few Notes
- Before you begin the registration process, please check to make sure your restaurant has not already been featured by viewing the Restaurants A-Z list.
- We love hearing about those restaurants that are off the beaten path -- the more interesting the locale or cuisine, the better. The four episodes will air between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2018 on KQED.