Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

Author Sandra Cisneros Opens the Book on Her Own Life

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Alan Goldfarb)

Sandra Cisneros made her name as a writer with “The House on Mango Street,” the vivid coming-of-age story of a young Latina who dreams about escaping her poor Chicago neighborhood. Now Cisneros tells the story of her own life with her memoir, “A House of My Own.” Cisneros writes frankly about not meeting her parents’ expectations, growing up the only daughter in a family with seven kids and crossing racial barriers throughout her life.

Guests:

Sandra Cisneros, author of "A House of My Own: Stories from My Life"; past books include "The House on Mango Street" and "Woman Hollering Creek and Other Stories"

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint
NPR's Sarah McCammon on Leaving the Evangelical ChurchKQED Youth Takeover: We’re Getting a WNBA TeamRainn Wilson from ‘The Office’ on Why We Need a Spiritual RevolutionForum From the Archives: Remembering Glide Memorial's Cecil WilliamsErik Aadahl on the Power of Sound in FilmKQED Youth Takeover: How Can San Jose Schools Create Safer Campuses?Supreme Court Hears Oral Arguments in Major Homelessness CasePercival Everett’s Novel “James” Recenters the Story of Huck FinnHave We Entered Into a New Cold War Era?KQED Youth Takeover: How Social Media is Changing Political Advertising