Ongoing fires in Northern California have destroyed at least 2,000 homes and businesses including one of Napa's oldest wineries, White Rock Vineyards. The wine industry and tourism provide approximately 100,000 jobs to Sonoma and Napa counties and generate about $13 billion annually for each county, according to 2014 figures. In this segment, we'll discuss the economic costs of the fires and hear from some of those affected.
Robert Eyler, professor of economics; dean of the School of Extended and International Education, Sonoma State University
Tawnie Logan, board chairperson, Sonoma County Growers Alliance
- MAP: Track the Fires in Napa and Sonoma Counties
- At Least 21 Deaths, 3,500 Structures Destroyed in Northern California Fires
- Here's What You Should Have in Your Emergency Bag
- How to Prepare to Evacuate from a Wildfire (CalFire)
- Emergency Preparedness Information from the National Fire Protection Association