From a violent attack on a student at a Woodside High School to a Mountain View history teacher placed on leave for drawing parallels between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler to student walkouts, Bay Area schools are grappling with post-election anxiety and conflict. We'll discuss how students are navigating turbulent times and what schools can do to foster understanding and civil conversation in the divisive post-election climate.
- Learning in the Aftermath of a Divisive Election (The Atlantic)
- San Francisco High School Students Protest Trump (KQED News)
- Election 2016: Students React (KQED Learning)
- Beyond the Ballot 2016 (Resources from Generation Citizen)
- 17 Tips to Steer Kids of All Ages Through the Political Season (Common Sense Media)
- Video of Student Protests in San Francisco from KQED News