Last week a coalition of leading physicians, scientists and health advocates called for tougher regulation of chemicals in common household items -- including flame-retardant furniture and food wrapping. We’ll talk with experts about how these chemicals could impact your child’s development, and about how to reduce your family’s exposure. We'll also discuss the sweeping new federal law on toxic chemicals, which Congress passed last month.
- TENDR Coalition Consensus Statement
- Project TENDR
- The Environmental Working Group's Consumer Guides
- A Call for Action on Toxic Chemicals (NYTimes.com)
- Switching Cosmetics Dramatically Lowers Chemical Levels for Teens (Forum archives)
- Lawmakers Reach a Deal to Expand Regulation of Toxic Chemicals (NPR.org)