Oakland Mayoral Candidates Forum
As the fall election season approaches, KQED Live is joining Center for Elders' Independence to co-host a forum with the candidates for Mayor of Oakland, moderated by KTVU reporter LaMonica Peters and KQED morning radio anchor Brian Watt at Laney College Theater in Oakland.
As access to quality healthcare and affordable housing becomes increasingly out of reach for many, and as rates of homelessness continue to surge, hear first-hand how the candidates would respond to these issues as they weigh on Oakland residents and how they uniquely impact seniors. As time allows, the forum may also address the candidates' views and proposed policies on public safety.
- Ignacio De La Fuente, IDLF Solutions & Former Oakland City Council, District 5
- Gregory Hodge, Brotherhood of Elders
- Treva Reid, Oakland City Council, District 7
- Seneca Scott, Oakhella & Bottoms-Up Community Garden
- Loren Taylor, Oakland City Council, District 6
- Sheng Thao, Oakland City Council District 4
All qualified candidates at the close of the City of Oakland filing deadline on August 12 will be invited to participate.
This nonpartisan event is hosted by Center for Elders' Independence and co-hosted by The Oakland Mayor's Commission on Aging, Alameda Senior Services Coalition, LifeLong Medical Care, St. Mary's Center, Operation Dignity, Oakland Post Newsgroup, United Seniors of Oakland and Alameda County, KTVU & KQED Live.