Recipe Name: Butterscotch Pudding
Recipe Chef: Bradley Ogden
Type of Cuisine: Farm Fresh Seasonal American
Food Category: Dessert
Butterscotch pudding with whipped cream and house made cookies.
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
12 ounces butterscotch chips
1 vanilla bean
10 large egg yolks
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup water
1/4 ounce Scotch whiskey
1/2 ounce heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Put the 1 3/4 cups heavy cream and butterscotch chips into a saucepan. Split open the vanilla bean and scrape the inside into the cream. Bring all to a boil and set aside.
3. Place the egg yolks into a large bowl. Slowly add the above cream mixture while whisking. Set aside.
4. Mix the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and let mixture caramelize. Remove from heat and carefully pour in Scotch and 1/2 ounce heavy cream. Return to heat and stir until all is melted. Pour this into the cream and egg base mixture. Add salt.
5. Strain mixture into ovenproof ramekins. Bake at 250 degrees in a water bath until custard sets. Place in the refrigerator. When cool, top with whipped cream and serve.
Note: It would be a good idea to double this recipe. It can also be baked off in a hotel pan and scooped into large martini glasses for service.
Serve in large martini glasses.