TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE — A congressman said a mistaken report of a shooter prompted a lockdown on Wednesday at an Air Force base in Northern California.
U.S. Rep. John Garamendi told The Associated Press that the lockdown went into effect at Travis Air Force Base after someone reported a possible gunshot.
Garamendi, who was briefed on the situation, said there was a training exercise underway at the base at the time and "someone took that to be an active shooter."
The Solano County Office of Emergency Services posted on Facebook that there was no active shooter and the response had been canceled.
The base is off Interstate 80, about 45 miles northeast of San Francisco.