Presidential candidate Mitt Romney was widely deemed the winner of the first debate against President Obama. So what sort of pressure does that put on their running mates? Vice President Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan take the stage in Kentucky for the first vice presidential debate. We'll discuss the candidates' differences on domestic and foreign policy, and we'll discuss their performances. Could the vice presidential debate affect the election in November?
Useful and Unexpected Debate Resources
- Searchable transcript of debate as well as shareble video clips from AlJazeera
- NPR's Media Correspondent's take that moderater Martha Raddatz was the real winner
- Fact-checking by New York Times
- A list of the 25 funniest Tweets about the VP Debate curated by CNN
- Politico's entertaining insights on Google searches during last night's debate
- On The Media examines what it's like to watch a debate on an Xbox. Short answer: not so bad.