Create a FREE PBS LearningMedia account
Lesson Builder Tool
PBS LearningMedia provides trusted, free, high-quality resources organized into subject-specific collection pages that can be filtered by grade and subtopic within science. Science resources include short videos, lessons and interactive games. PBS LearningMedia's online library of resources is here to help your students keep learning!
We've listed all of the science collections in PBS LearningMedia for easy use. Find a featured collection and suggested learning activity to get you started. Note that all resources can be shared to Google Classroom, emailed or posted to a website.
Start by creating a FREE PBS LearningMedia account to access all the features. You can use the Lesson Builder Tool to add instruction or discussion questions to resources. For example, you can find a lesson about sound waves that guides you through the process of engaging students virtually.
Need support for getting started with PBS LearningMedia? Join us for a weekly training webinar Wednesdays at 7:30am PDT. Register
Spring Semester Science
These collections of resources curated by LA Unified School District can support distance learning during school closures.
Grades 3-5 Science | Grades 6-8 Science
Grades 9-12 Science
PBS LearningMedia Science Collections (full list)
→ Within these collections, you can filter by grade and resource type.
Science Collections by Topics
- Earth and Space: These collections examine the history and formation of the universe, the prediction of hurricanes and other types of weather, and the categorization of rocks and minerals. Delve into the study of plate tectonics and journey to the outer edges of the universe in with lessons and learnings with these collections.
- Featured Collection: Bringing the Universe to America’s Classrooms (grades K-13+)
- Featured Interactive with Support Materials: Earth’s Energy Budget (grades 9-12)
- Life Science: From single-celled organisms to giant redwoods, Life Science explores all of Earth's life forms. Resources in these collections cover a wide range of topics, including the cell cycle, genetic disorders, and bioethics.
- Featured Collection: DNA and the Science of Genetic Engineering (grades 6-13+)
- Featured Video with Support Materials: Can Genetically Engineered Mosquitoes Help Fight Disease? (grades 6-12)
- Physical Science: Explore motion, energy, light, and more in Physical Science collections.
- Featured Collection: The Science of Summer (grades 2-12)
- Featured Video with Support Materials: Centripetal Force: Roller Coaster Loops (grades 6-12)
For additional resources, PreK-12 Resources for Emergency Closing Collection is a more extensive list of PBS LearningMedia collections organized by grade and subject area.