Pizza is great. Probably my favorite thing about it is how it can really be a vehicle for almost anything. I use it for leftovers all the time. The best part about using it in this capacity is discovering a new combination that I just simply adore.
I never really considered using sweet potatoes on pizza until I had a bunch laying around along with some homemade pesto. I tried it on a whim and it was fantastic; it's earthy, hearty and kinda sweet. I think you are going to like it!
- Chewy Homemade Pizza Dough (get the video + text recipe)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning the potato and onion slices
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese at room temperature, shredded
- 1 /3 cup Raw Kale and Pistachio Pesto (video recipe below - get the text recipe)
Instructions for Pizza:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.