A few weeks ago, my mom and I enlisted the help of my big brother to assist in putting together the menu for my bridal shower luncheon. I requested lots of fruit and veggies, easy finger foods, and minimal use of the oven. If I do say so myself, we ended up with a lovely Bridal Shower Menu:
• Veggie Crudite
• Chips & Dips (Pineapple-Mango Salsa, French Onion Dip, Pepperoni Dip, and Avocado Mousse)
• Crostini with Lemon Mascarpone spread and Roasted Red Peppers
• Heirloom Tomato Tart in a Parmesan Crust
• Antipasto Misto of Grilled Zucchini, Portobello Mushrooms, and Eggplant
• Pesto Shrimp and Cherry Tomato Kebabs
• Wheat Berry Salad
• Chicken Orzo Salad
• Italian Sausage and Eggplant Baked Rigatoni
• Roasted Pork Tenderloin
To drink we had Watermelonade and White Sangria with Strawberries, Peaches, and Mango.
And dessert. Don't even get me started! My mom made her famous Flan, full of deep, caramel flavor, we also had a rich Dark Chocolate Cake glistening with ganache, Pineapple Angel Food Cake, a Nectarine-Allspice Cake, and my favorite, a Frangipane Tart with Poached Pears that my Auntie Betsy made. Uh…so much for wedding diet.