Donor-Advised FundsDonor-Advised Funds
Invest in in-depth journalism and programs for your community with a gift from your donor-advised fund (DAF).
You and your fellow KQED listeners are purpose-bound believers in the power of an informed and involved citizenry for a healthy democracy. There comes a time when your passion to make real-world change meets an opportunity to invest in projects that endure. Contributing to KQED through a donor-invested account is a great way to ensure that the value of public media lives on.
MAKE AN IMMEDIATE GIFT VIA YOUR DAF
HOW IT WORKS
Make a lasting impact on local public media by distributing funds to KQED. Giving a gift to KQED from your DAF is convenient and easy for you, and it makes a huge impact on the high-quality journalism and programs you rely on from KQED, NPR, and PBS. With market growth, your DAF balance can also grow, making more funds available for grantmaking. Moreover, while you can take an immediate tax deduction for the gifts you make to your DAF, you will not be taxed on any growth, since the assets belong to the DAF’s charitable sponsor.
DESIGNATING A BENEFICIARY
- Name KQED as a beneficiary of your donor-advised fund:
KQED Inc., a California not-for-profit corporation, to be held and administered pursuant to the terms of the Donor Advised Fund. KQED is a registered 501 (c) (3) charitable organization. KQED's primary office is located at 2601 Mariposa Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. KQED's tax I.D. number is 94-1241309.
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your fund through your fund administrator (you can also make a grant to us at any time from your donor-advised fund).
- The balance in your fund passes to KQED when the fund terminates.
- Alternatively, you can contribute by mail. Please direct your DAF distribution to KQED and mail to:
2601 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Ask your DAF representative to include your name and address on the distribution, so we know how to direct your acknowledgment. Your gift will be considered anonymous if not specified otherwise.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to email us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your needs change during your lifetime.
- Pledge commitments may be fulfilled by donor-advised funds.
- Email us so we can assist you through every step.
- If you do not have a DAF and are interested in learning more, contact your financial advisor to learn how to set up a charitable giving account.