Trending Stories in Food Right Now
2. Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: Madcap, El Toreador, Juanita & Maude
Check, Please! Bay Area finds a market-driven menu in San Anselmo, festive Mexican cuisine in San Francisco, and an intimate neighborhood favorite in Albany.
5. Where to Have Easter Brunch Around the Bay Area
Easter is an excellent excuse to have a big brunch and bottomless mimosas — indulge in all that and more at these Bay Area restaurants.
6. Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: Dad's Luncheonette, Marzano, East Bay Spice Company
Check, Please! Bay Area find a small menu with a large heart in Half Moon Bay, Italian cuisine with Californian flair in Oakland, and a cocktail bar with Indian street food in Berkeley.
7. Taste & Sip Returns in 2019 for Another Year of Fun, Food and Drink
Sample gourmet food from Check, Please! Bay Area restaurants and sip delicious wines at this year’s Check, Please! Taste & Sip on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
8. Savoring Seaweeds: What You Need to Know Before Diving In
The popularity of seaweeds is on the rise in the U.S. as people look to add more plant power to their diets, but questions have also arisen about the promise and safety of eating these sea veggies.
9. Thanksgiving Side Dish: Creamy Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Gratin with Shallots and Gruyère
Flecked with bacon and oozing with Gruyère cheese, Brussels sprouts have never been so extravagantly presented as in this over-the-top gratin. A perfect accompaniment to any winter holiday meal.
10. 5 Bay Area Coffee Roasters You Need to Know (If You Don't Already)
The perfect cup of a coffee is only a roaster away from you—take your pick of roast, location, and ethos before starting your day.
11. Bored of Apples and Walnuts? Try Adding Date Charoset to Your Passover Table This Year
Most American Jews are of Eastern European descent, which means their charoset is made from apples, walnuts, sweet wine and cinnamon. The traditional Passover food varies widely from other regions and contains different ingredients. Alix Wall spoke with three Bay Area home cooks who shared their unique family recipes.
12. Shh! These Quiet ASMR Food Videos Will Get Your Senses Tingling
A growing number of food videos aim to trigger ASMR — Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, or pleasing sensations in the brains of some viewers — by focusing on sounds like chopping and stirring.
13. Holiday Dinner Main Dish: Roast Rack of Lamb with Garlic and Herb Butter
Nothing says feast like a gorgeous rack of lamb, and this elegant recipe couldn’t be easier.
14. Check, Please! Bay Area: Paxti's Pizza, Mercury Lounge, Trueburger
Restaurants Reviewed: Paxti's Pizza (SF), Mercury Lounge (SF) [CLOSED], Trueburger (Oakland)
15. Check, Please: How to Pay without looking like a fool or making everyone uncomfortable.
For most diners, paying one's bill at the finish of a restaurant meal is a simple, uncomplicated process, a no-brainer. Or should be. Sadly, it never fails to amaze me just how many people screw this up. The ideal execution of bill getting-and-paying should be a near-non-event. The only words exchanged should be those of thanks between the payer and the server, and from the recipients of the evening's generosity to one giving it. This should be obvious to most of you out there. Hopefully. Here are a few handy tips on how to pay a restaurant bill with grace.