Trending Stories in Bay Area Bites Right Now
2. Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: Roosevelt Tamale Parlor, Bravas Bar de Tapas, International Smoke
Check, Please! Bay Area reviews a Mexican-inspired menu at a San Francisco institution, delicious Spanish bites in Healdsburg and globally-inspired offerings and Southern comforts back in San Francisco.
4. The Spirit Of Innovation Still Thrives In The Good Old Kitchen Hack
What would Robinson Crusoe have done with a watermelon cuber? His spirit of ingenuity lives on in the kitchen, as inventive cooks still think beyond the norm of conventional kitchen tools.
5. Food Storage Tips: 9 Foods That Fare Better in the Fridge
As summer temps heat up your kitchen pantry, so does the risk of certain foods going bad. Find out which foods are worth making space for in your fridge or freezer.
6. Dog-Friendly Bars, Restaurants And More Near You
These dog-friendly eateries around the Bay Area get four paws up and two thumbs up from us.
7. Check, Please: How to Pay without looking like a fool or making everyone uncomfortable.
For most diners, paying one's bill at the finish of a restaurant meal is a simple, uncomplicated process, a no-brainer. Or should be. Sadly, it never fails to amaze me just how many people screw this up. The ideal execution of bill getting-and-paying should be a near-non-event. The only words exchanged should be those of thanks between the payer and the server, and from the recipients of the evening's generosity to one giving it. This should be obvious to most of you out there. Hopefully. Here are a few handy tips on how to pay a restaurant bill with grace.
8. Five Late Night Wings, Tacos and Breakfasts Eats In the East Bay
Five spots to eat at night from taco trucks, Asian mashups and a diner opened by a famous band member.
9. DIY Soy-Free Tofu: Yes, You Can Make Tofu From Any Bean You’d Like
Tofu doesn't have to be made with soybeans. Kate Williams will show you how to whip up a batch with any dried bean you've got in your pantry.
10. Check, Please! Bay Area Kids review: Antipastos, The Veg Hub, Coco's Ramen
Check, Please! Bay Area Kids find homey Italian food in San Jose, hearty vegan fare in Oakland, and a variety of Japanese ramen and sushi in San Francisco.
11. Sweet Revenge: Dr. Robert Lustig Explains How to Cut Sugar, Lose Weight and Turn the Tables On Processed Foods
The UCSF endocrinologist tells you how (and why) to start reducing sugar in your diet...and yes, you can still eat dessert.
12. Bay Area Bites Guide: The 15 Best Burger Spots in Oakland and Berkeley
This guide update features 11 new destination spots (and four returning winners) for the top burger destinations in Oakland and Berkeley, most of which feature sustainably sourced beef.