- From Calbuzz, "Untold Story: How the Latino Vote Hit Critical Mass." A history from 1994 on...
- Berkeleyside reports that the city's quarterly report on crime shows a 17% drop in violent crime for the first nine months of the year compared to 2009.
- Guess which book, the No. 1 seller on Amazon.com no less, San Francisco's Green Apple Books doesn't expect to exactly fly off the shelves? Decision Points, George W. Bush's "candid and gripping account" of the "critical decisions that shaped his presidency and personal life," according to publisher Random House. Reports The Snitch: The store has ordered about a dozen copies and will donate all profits to the VA.
- Tenderblog presents its Nov 9-15 favorite photos from the Tenderloin Flickr pool.
- Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., you can catch a lecture on Alameda architecture at the city's main library branch, reports the Contra Costa Times' Alameda Journal Blog.
- A fine eye for kitsch may net you a free dinner for two at the Ruffled Feathers Eatery in San Jose. All you have to do is enter and win the restaurant's Ugliest Christmas sweater contest. Details at the San Jose Blog...
- So sue me; it's a relatively slow news day: Here are your adoptable animals of the week, from Oakland North. (Spoiler alert: They're kitties.)