- The Occupy Oakland General Assembly yesterday debated the violent tactics of the "black bloc," reports Oakland North.
- The liberal ThinkProgress has a post on an Oakland Police officer who has given a video interview supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement, after being outed as a plainclothes observer of Occupy Oakland.
- NeighborsWebSJ reports on the San Jose City Council's approval of the potential sale of land for a downtown ballpark to a private investment group. That ballpark would be inhabited by the current Oakland A's, hopes San Jose.
- From Richmond Confidential: "One month into the state’s implementation of a major prison realignment, Contra Costa County’s parolee and inmate numbers are much higher than projected."
- California has hit a solar energy milestone, reports Climate Watch: Homeowners and businesses have now installed one gigawatt of roof-top solar panels
- From Bluoz, video of the Tenderloin Hawk.
- Once upon a time, there was bowling in Bernal Heights, informs Bernalwood.