- SF Animal Care & Control is asking people who are considering giving up their dog to wait due to "an unprecedented and severe dog overcrowding situation," reports the SF Appeal.
- From The Snitch: PETA will be picketing the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey this weekend in San Francisco due to what it says is ill treatment of the circus' elephants.
- From the Sacramento Bee's Capitol Alert: The Board of Equalization has released its quarterly list of the state's biggest sales and use tax cheats.
- Sometimes an infographic says a thousand words. From the Bay Citizen: Corrections vs. Higher Education Spending since 1980
- Dig this from today's The Poop: Photos showcasing local men's fashion in the '70s.
- From 7x7: The best cheese in San Francisco, recommended by local fromageries.