When the founders were tortuously debating the many then-treasonous liberties we now enjoy, the possibility that one day the written version of their deliberations, resulting in one of the most beautifully crafted expressions of the human race's evolving sense of freedom, would one day be commemorated in part by a man eating 62 hot dogs in 10 minutes -- well, that probably never crossed their minds.
Just a guess...
And here's video of the contest from start to finish.
More on the sport:
- Wikipedia: Joey Chestnut
- Video: Chestnut wins asparagus eating competition in Stockton
- Video: Joey Chestnut talks strategy and motivation (Travel Channel)
- Major League Eating & International Federation of Competitive Eating
- Kobayashi unofficially breaks world record with 69 (Washington Post)
- Video: SNL TV Funhouse -- KOBAYASHI The Hot Dog Eater