If today you find yourself somewhere on Google today, as most people do, like, daily, keep this in mind: Trust nothing. Today is April 1, and I pity the fool that gets taken in by just about the world's leading practical joker on this date.
Witness today's introduction of a new product: Gmail Motion, which allows you to perform email functions using Wii-like body gestures.
If it were true, that is.
Some other Google April Fool's hoaxes from this and previous years. We'll update this throughout the day, and since I get paid by the page view, please keep checking back. (April Fool's!)
(No but really. It can't hurt, know what I'm sayin'?)
One other thing: Imagine being a company with enough cash-on-hand to produce this stuff? They must have an entire April Fool's team... Check these out:
- Gmail Motion Beta -" "Now you can control Gmail with your body."
- Top 5 Viral Films of 1911 - including footage of the wildly popular Flugelhorn Feline
- Introducing AdSense for conversations
We're happy to announce the launch of AdSense for conversations, a new type of monetization solution that "puts the 'context' in contextual advertising". Now, in just a few simple steps, you can begin displaying ads that are relevant to the topics you're discussing -- in an unobtrusive screen above your head.
- Introducing Google Chrome With 3D
Using technology known as stereoscopy, CADIE brings you the web in 3D. Stereoscopy provides the illusion of depth by presenting slightly different images to each eye. You’ll need to use our printable glasses in order to experience the web in 3D.
- Google Translate for Animals - Is there an app for translating animal noises to human words? Yes, says Google. It's all about "neurobiological acoustics." Watch what's on the mind of a pair of UK farm animals...
- Google MentalPlex Search
"Using proprietary predictive search algorithms developed through 13 years of research by an international consortium of PhDs in the fields of artificial and pseudo-intelligence, parapsychology and improbability, MentalPlex is the only search engine that accurately returns results without requiring you enter a query. Google's CEO and co-founder Larry Page calls MentalPlex "a quantum leap in finding what you are looking for on the Internet. Typing in queries is so 1999."
- Google Copernicus Center is Hiring
Google is interviewing candidates for engineering positions at our lunar hosting and research center, opening late in the spring of 2007. This unique opportunity is available only to highly-qualified individuals who are willing to relocate for an extended period of time, are in top physical condition and are capable of surviving with limited access to such modern conveniences as soy low-fat lattes, The Sopranos and a steady supply of oxygen.
- Google Romance Beta -"Pin All Your Romantic Hopes on Google"
Google Romance is a place where you can post all types of romantic information and, using our Soulmate Search™, get back search results that could, in theory, include the love of your life. Then we'll send you both on a Contextual DateTM, which we'll pay for while delivering to you relevant ads that we and our advertising partners think will help produce the dating results you're looking for.
- Google's patented PigeonRank - low cost pigeon clusters (PCs) can be used to compute the relative value of web pages faster than human editors or machine-based algorithms
- Google Gulp - line of "smart drinks" designed to maximize your surfing efficiency by making you more intelligent, and less thirsty.
- Google TiSP - toilet-based wireless access
- More from Wikipedia