Remember the halcyon days of free Sunday parking in San Francisco when the government just for once could get off your back and give you a break already?
Well, come Sunday, those happy days are here again. At the very bottom of the SFTMA traffic and transit advisory for the July 4th weekend:
"Starting Sunday, on-street meters and off-street parking meters will not require payment on Sundays, except meters on SF Port property."
The agency says exceptions will exist in areas where meters already operated on Sundays when the shift to paid parking went into effect, in January 2013. Aside from port property, these include meters at Fisherman's Wharf and these other off-street metered lots, as listed by SF Weekly:
- 8th Avenue at Clement Street
- 9th Avenue at Clement Street
- Geary Boulevard at 21st Avenue
- 18th Avenue at Geary Boulevard
- 8th Avenue at Irving Street
- Pierce Street Garage (between Lombard and Chestnut streets)
- Felton Street at San Bruno Avenue
And, as the Weekly reports, "parking meters around AT&T Park will continue to operate on Sundays during special events and Giants game. So on Sunday, July 13, you will have to plug the meter for that Giants home game."