- The origin of "It's on like Donkey Kong," from the Chronicle blog The Poop.
- Again from the Chronicle, on the paper's Politics Blog: Nancy McFadden, Gov Jerry Brown's new Executive Secretary for Legislation, Appointments and Policy was a senior VP at PG&E. There, she masterminded the ill-fated Prop. 16, which would have made it harder to institute public power.
- From the San Francisco Citizen, the city skyline in all its holiday glory.
- The Informant runs down the list of possible replacements for former San Francisco D.A. Kamala Harris, now that David Chiu has declined the appointment.
- Another mountain lion sighting in Berkeley, says Berkeleyside.
Sign up for our newsletter.