Analysis: San Francisco City Hall and Gov. Jerry Brown
In a surprising turn of events, San Francisco Acting Mayor London Breed was replaced by Supervisor Mark Farrell, a venture capitalist who represents some of the city’s wealthiest neighborhoods. And Gov. Jerry Brown gave his final State of the State address after four terms at the helm of California.
- Joe Eskenazi, San Francisco Magazine editor and Mission Local columnist
- Marisa Lagos, KQED politics and government reporter
- Professor James Taylor, University of San Francisco
Wildfire 911 Investigation
As flames sped across Sonoma County during the night of Oct. 8, 2017, calls flooded into 911. But overwhelmed operators gave conflicting information about whether to evacuate -- or not. KQED analyzed hundreds of hours of 911 calls and found troubling gaps in the emergency response system meant to keep the public safe.
- Sukey Lewis, KQED criminal justice reporter
- Lisa Pickoff-White, KQED data journalist
Michelle Dennedy, Cisco Chief Privacy Officer
Cisco Chief Privacy Officer Michelle Dennedy talks about how to protect our devices and personal information from data theft, gives advice on how parents can talk to their children about social media use, and weighs in on whether it’s time for a #MeToo movement in Silicon Valley.