- According to Recode, HBO's CEO said it will start selling a digital version of its service that won’t require a pay TV subscription in 2015.
- East Bay hospitals are bracing against Ebola. (Contra Costa Times)
- The $288 million tunnel carrying water from the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite National Park to the Peninsula debuts this week. (SF Chronicle)
- Ted Gullicksen, the executive director of the San Francisco Tenants Union and for decades one of the city's biggest advocates for renters, was found dead Tuesday in his bed, friends said. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Covered California has sent out 10,474 pre-termination notices to individuals who have yet to verify their citizenship or immigration status.
- The Sacramento Bee fact-checks Neel Kashkari's drowning-kid ad.
- Netflix has raised prices for new customers who want access to its library of ultra-high definition TV shows and movies. (SiliconBeat)