We can't avoid dipping into social media any more than we can avoid Googling questions. But we can circumvent unfortunate and unintended consequences when it comes to navigating the social media world.
ESchoolNews rounds up 11 ways for the education community to embrace the best of social media, and to tread carefully along the way.
- Develop guidelines and stick to them.
- Don't connect personally with students.
- Parents are not personal "friends."
- Don't share private information.
- Recognize you represent your school or organization
Educators: Does your school have a policy? Do you abide by it? What would you change about the policy, if you could? Share your thoughts.