A reminder about this Saturday's upcoming TEDxSFED event on April 9, when big thinkers and innovators will come together to re-imagine education both in and out of the classroom.
The theme is mashEDup and will highlight new and different approaches to learning.
The main event will happen at SOMArts, plus there will be three simulcast locations at Ruth Asawa School of the Arts and the Urban School of San Francisco. [Update: The event will not be simulcast at Envision Academy location.]
The lineup of speakers is impressive:
- DALE DOUGHERTY, founder of Make magazine and the creator of Maker Faire.
- TONY DEROSE, Senior Scientist and lead of the Research Group at Pixar Animation Studios.
- SANDY SPEICHER, IDEO's Design for Learning domain, which brings human-centered thinking to systemic challenges in education (and author of the popular MindShift post "The School Day of the Future is DESIGNED)."
- VICTOR DIAZ, Founder and President of the Board of REALM Charter Schools.
- DAVID ORPHAL, history teacher for the past 15 years for 7th to 12th grade students.
- ESTHER COOK, Chef Teacher in the Edible Schoolyard kitchen since its inception in 1997.
- SUSAN STAUTER, the Artistic Director for the San Francisco Unified School District.
- KAREN BROWN, creative director of the Center for Ecoliteracy.
- BETSY CORCORAN, co-founder of EdSurge, an educational newsletter and former Executive Editor for technology coverage at Forbes magazine and Forbes.com.
- GEORGE WATSKY, writer and performer from San Francisco now based in Los Angeles.
Register for the event and grab your tickets before they sell out!