Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

Unlocking the Secrets of 'FOUND' Objects with Davy Rothbart

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Bob Doran/Flickr)

Over the summer, one of our Forum interns found a postcard lying on the sidewalk. “Dear Justin,” it read, “Charley was happy to finally hear from you. I know he misses his own ‘father figure.’ Please come home. P.S. I am still in love with you.” It was just the kind of note you might come across in Davy Rothbart’s FOUND Magazine, a collection and celebration of fascinating forgotten and discarded items. Rothbart, a longtime “This American Life” contributor, author, and filmmaker, joins us to discuss his favorite found treasures, from love letters to old family photos. What is the weirdest or most interesting item you have found?

Guests:

Davy Rothbart, co-founder of FOUND Magazine, contributor to "This American Life" and the author of "My Heart is an Idiot"

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint
Death Doula Alua Arthur on How and Why to Prepare for the EndHow to Create Your Own ‘Garden Wonderland’First Trump Criminal Trial Underway in New YorkThe Beauty in Finding ‘Other People’s Words’ in Your OwnWhat the 99 Cents Only Stores Closure Means to CaliforniansBay Area Diaspora Closely Watching India’s Upcoming Electionare u addicted to ur phoneJosé Vadi’s “Chipped” Looks at Life from a Skateboarder’s Lens‘The Notorious PhD’ on How Hip Hop Made AmericaSan Francisco Voters Face a Crowded and Contentious Mayor’s Race