upper waypoint

In My Experience: New Teachers

51:42
at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

(Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

The first day of school is just around the corner and for teachers that means getting their lesson plans and classrooms ready for a host of new students. As part of Forum’s In My Experience series, we talk with Bay Area public school teachers entering their second year about their favorite moments and toughest challenges so far, and what they’re looking forward to as they return to the classroom.

More of Forum’s In My Experience series

Guests:

Sarah Prensky-Pomeranz, English teacher, Raoul Wallenberg High School

Francesca Zambrano, science teacher, John O'Connell High School

Dirk Wright, science teacher, San Jose High School

Jennifer Quintanilla, special education middle school teacher, United for Success Academy

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint
NPR's Sarah McCammon on Leaving the Evangelical ChurchKQED Youth Takeover: We’re Getting a WNBA TeamRainn Wilson from ‘The Office’ on Why We Need a Spiritual RevolutionForum From the Archives: Remembering Glide Memorial's Cecil WilliamsErik Aadahl on the Power of Sound in FilmKQED Youth Takeover: How Can San Jose Schools Create Safer Campuses?Supreme Court Hears Oral Arguments in Major Homelessness CasePercival Everett’s Novel “James” Recenters the Story of Huck FinnHave We Entered Into a New Cold War Era?KQED Youth Takeover: How Social Media is Changing Political Advertising