Learn with Media: Lesson Plans and PD for ElementaryLearn with Media: Lesson Plans and PD for Elementary
Lesson plans and resources aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and ISTE standards, and geared toward early childhood through upper elementary.
Activities, lesson plans and resources from PBS, KQED and other public media stations. Get started with one of these collections:
Lower Elementary (K-2)
+ Social Studies/Family Life: Molly of Denali
+ Math: Peg + Cat
+ Science: Bringing the Universe to America's Classrooms, K-2
Early Childhood (PK/TK)
+ SEL: Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
+ Science and Engineering: The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
Free professional development to help you hone your media making skills and incorporate media literacy into your teaching.
With KQED Teach you will gain the confidence to create digital media for your classroom and to teach media literacy skills to your students with these free, online courses.
- Start with a course like
Evaluating Online Tools for Classroom Use or
Making Photo Essays to Inspire Learning
- Explore the full catalogue
- Sign up for a live workshop online or in person.
“Super PD resource for making media in the classroom”
-Common Sense Education
A great way to demonstrate your skills in teaching media literacy. Certification is earned by completing 8 micro-credentials.
More Education Content from KQED
- Above the Noise Kick off meaningful discussions with this award-winning video series co-produced by KQED and PBS Digital Studios.
- Mind/Shift Explore the future of learning in all its dimensions — including cultural and technology trends, groundbreaking research, education policy and more on this blog and podcast.
- Deep Look Explore big scientific mysteries by going incredibly small with Deep Look, a new ultra-HD (4K) short video series.
- Art School A video series for people who want to learn about art, with artist interviews and how-to videos.
- Quest Engaging, relevant science and engineering resources for educators, students and lifelong learners.