PBS LearningMedia provides trusted, free, high-quality resources organized into subject-specific collection pages that can be filtered by grade and subtopic within English Language Arts (ELA). ELA resources include short videos, lessons and interactive games. PBS LearningMedia's online library of resources is here to help your students keep learning!
We've listed all of the ELA collections in PBS LearningMedia for easy use. Find a featured collection and suggested learning activity to get you started. Note that all resources can be shared to Google Classroom, emailed or posted to a website.
Start by creating a FREE PBS LearningMedia account to access all the features. You can use the Lesson Builder Tool to add instruction or discussion questions to resources. For example, you can find a lesson about crafting an argument that guides you through the process of engaging students virtually.
Need support for getting started with PBS LearningMedia? View the recording of our training webinar.
Spring Semester English Language Arts
These collections of resources curated by LA Unified School District can support distance learning during school closures.
Grades 3-5: English/Language Arts
Grades 6-12: English/Language Arts
PBS LearningMedia English Language Arts Collections (full list)
→ Within these collections, you can filter by grade and resource type.
English Language Arts Collections by Topics
- Literature: Explores the main themes of written language.
- Informational Texts: Explores the strategies and techniques used to read, write, and teach how text can be used to transfer knowledge to the reader.
- Reading Foundational Skills: Provides resources for emerging readers and teachers of emerging readers.
- ELA Writing: Explores all types of writing, including argumentative, personal, and explanatory narrative and writing.
- Language: Examines the standard rules of English grammar and the conventions of the English language.
For additional resources, PreK-12 Resources for Emergency Closing Collection is a more extensive list of PBS LearningMedia collection organized by grade and subject area.
Find more resources here: How Teachers Can Navigate School Closures Due to the Coronavirus, including KQED Learn training webinars, curriculum aligned-TV schedule and more.