Today, December 18th is Jacques Pépin's official birthday. The legendary chef is 75 years old this year and has been celebrating this milestone with his fans, friends and family for a few months now. In October, Jacques was at KQED studios in San Francisco taping his new series Essential Pépin which will air in the fall of 2011.
Here is a preview clip from Essential Pépin. One of Jacques' special guests, Michael Tilson Thomas, Music Director of the San Francisco Symphony, plays piano while Jacques sings a French song and demos some classic culinary percussion techniques.
Jacques Pépin resources:
- Visit Jacques Pépin's official website
- View a behind-the-scenes slideshow of the taping of Jacques Pépin's new series Essential Pépin
- View a slideshow of Jacques Pépin's Artwork
- Jacques Pépin: Fast Food My Way website: Watch video and step-by-step slideshow recipes
- Jacques Pépin: More Fast Food My Way website: Watch the complete series online and print recipes
- Jacques Pépin: The Apprentice -- Then and Now: Experience an interactive timeline of Jacques' life based on his autobiography, The Apprentice: My Life in the Kitchen.
- Jacques Pépin Celebrates! website: View Jacques' seasonal and holiday recipes
- Like Jacques Pépin on Facebook
- Follow @jacques_pepin on Twitter