Can the Bay Area get any better? With the recent America's Cup win, last weekend's closing event to the nation-wide Station to Station art train tour, Noise Pop's own upcoming Treasure Island Music Festival, the voluptuous horror of the Folsom Street Fair -- the list goes on -- it seems gluttonous to feast on another installment of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Yet, here we are again. The 13th annual FREE country-tinged music festival put on by the late Warren Hellman starts this Friday, October 4 at noon and runs through Sunday evening, October 6, 2013 with (I counted) 80 acts playing in Golden Gate Park.
In this episode we celebrate the beloved festival, one of San Francisco's biggest events, by sampling a scant ten tunes by some of the acts in the 2013 line-up. Alongside the likes of Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson, we slip in some artists you may not know as well, but definitely should not miss. Seriously, these riches are embarrassing.
1. "Nick of Time" -- Bonnie Raitt, Nick of Time
2. "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" -- Richard Thompson, Rumor and Sigh
3. "The Plank" -- Devil Makes Three, Devil Makes Three
4. "Victory" -- Trampled By Turtles, Palomino
5. "Into the Wild" -- LP, Into the Wild
6. "Wolf " -- First Aid Kit, The Lion's Roar
7. "Let it go" -- Tumbleweed Wanderers, Worn Down Welcome
8. "Beach House" -- Cave Singers, Welcome Joy
9. "Tell Me (What's On Your Mind)" -- Allah-Las, Allah-Las
10. "Cold Beverages" -- G. Love & Special Sauce, G. Love & Special Sauce