Truly, our Downton Abbey Super Fan Party on February 25 will be the ultimate fête for Downton die-hards. By now you know that tickets can't be bought, only won in one of five ticket drawings (NOW CLOSED.) But what awaits those 100 lucky people (and their plus-ones) who manage to score a ticket?
Here's what we're allowed to reveal at this point:
- The super-secret location will have a definite "speakeasy" vibe, boasting an intriguing history and a Prohibition-era bar
- There will be Downton-inspired creative cocktails
- Costumes will most definitely be encouraged
There are also covetable Downton-themed prizes on offer at the Super Fan Party, including:
- A one-night stay in a King Bed Suite fit for an aristocrat at the Fairmont San Jose with breakfast for two in their Fountain restaurant
- A very English tea for two at the Fairmont San Francisco's Laurel Court Restaurant
- A VIP night at the theater, with two tickets to the American Conservatory Theater and hosted drinks at intermission
So... how do you get a ticket to the Super Fan Party? NOTE: The contests have now all closed
Simple: from January 10, we're holding a draw for 20 tickets each week. You can enter your name each Saturday at a particular location around the Bay Area. The four remaining weekly locations are Oakland (Jan 17), San Jose (Jan 24), San Mateo (Jan 31) and Sausalito (Feb 7), and each will be inspired by a different Downton Abbey character.