Revised California Budget
The state has taken in $6.7 billion dollars in additional revenue since January. Governor Jerry Brown said the surplus is not as big as it seems. Scott Shafer hosts a discussion.
• John Myers, senior editor of KQED's California Politics and Government Desk
• David Crane, lecturer at Stanford and president of Govern for California
• Jill Tucker, education reporter for San Francisco Chronicle
Latest Bay Bridge Safety Concerns
One of the hundreds of rods that hold the Bay Bridge together failed a key structural integrity test last week. The test results suggest that salt water may be causing the rods to corrode, threatening the new eastern span's foundation. Thuy Vu hosts a discussion.
• Jaxon Van Derbeken, investigative reporter for San Francisco Chronicle
• Steve Heminger, executive director of Metropolitan Transportation Commission
• Brian Maroney, chief bridge engineer at Caltrans