Cooking Thanksgiving for just one or two this year? We have you covered. In this special holiday episode of Cooking with Brontez, Brontez Purnell joins San Francisco drag legend Juanita More in her remarkably cozy Tenderloin kitchen where the two friends share recipes for a unique and tasty bachelorette Thanksgiving spread. They kick off the meal by whetting their appetites with a refreshing Paloma cocktail - a virgin version for Brontez and a fully-loaded classic for Juanita. Then they pull out all of the stops to create an impressively towering Thanksgiving leftover turkey club sandwich, using ground turkey, bacon, cranberry mayo, arugula, and a brick of stuffing. They end the holiday on a sweet note with a no-fuss pumpkin dump cake.
Premieres Monday, November 22nd on KQED Food.
Juanita More's Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Club Sandwich Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 box of stuffing mix
- 1 can of cranberry
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Four slices of white bread
- 1 tomato
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the stuffing mix according to box directions. Pack into loaf pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix ½ cup mayo with ½ cup of cranberry sauce.
- Grill or pan fry 2 – 6 slices of bacon on medium-high heat to desired crispiness
- Remove cooled stuffing from pan and mold into a rectangle. Grill on medium heat until brown on both sides.
- Season ground turkey with salt and pepper, mold into patties, and cook or grill on medium high heat until brown on both sides.
- Slice tomato.
- Spread cranberry mayo mixture onto toasted bread. Add turkey burger, bacon, tomato slice, and top with a handful of arugula.
- Eat with vigor. Serves Two.
About Cooking with Brontez: