Leslie Sbrocco, host of Taste This, cozies up next to bartender Matthew Elia to learn the history of this Tiki-themed landmark and the cocktails associated with it...at the Tonga Room in San Francisco.
Recipe: Tonga Room’s Rainmaker
Makes 2 cocktails
- 1 ½ ounces Hamilton Jamaican Black rum (93 proof)
- 1 ½ ounces Flor de Caña 4yr rum
- 1 oz Bacardi Superior Light rum
- ¾ ounce Fernet Branca
- 2 ounce orange juice
- 2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce Orgeat
- 1 ounce pineapple gum syrup
- ¾ ounce Velvet Falernum
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes, and add all ingredients.
- Shake well to combine.
- Pour into serving container and garnish with speared cherries, orange wheel and freshly ground cinnamon. Serve immediately.