PBS LearningMedia teacher tools also known as "Productivity Tools" are helping educators integrate digital media into learning by creating personalized learning experiences for students. Included in these teacher tools are the Lesson Builder, Quiz Maker, Storyboard, and Puzzle Builder. Use these tools to enhance teaching and learning in your classroom.
How Teachers Use Tools to Engage with Students
- Lesson Builder- A fast way to create and assign interactive lesson plans for students.
- Quiz Maker- Create quizzes and quick assessments.
- Storyboards- Illustrate a concept or topic through a collection of PBS videos, your own uploaded videos, text and images. Also create a class storyboard or assign students the task of creating a storyboard.
- Puzzle Builder- Create puzzles including both crossword puzzles and word searches.
Share Content You Have Created
With PBS LearningMedia, share content on the site in just a few easy steps. The lessons and storyboards that educators create and make public are now searchable and can be found by performing a keyword search and using the search bar. Click the "Include Teacher-Built Resources" checkbox at the top of the search results in order to display all shared lessons and storyboards.
Storyboard and Lesson Examples
- Hummingbird Super Powers! A storyboard about hummingbirds, featuring videos and fun facts for students.
- Shaking Things Up: A storyboard about earthquakes with videos and room for facts!
- Cubes: A storyboard with videos and examples of cubes.
- Ocean Life: A storyboard filled with marine life fun facts and videos.
- Digital and Mobile Art: A storyboard filled with videos from a KQED curated collection that provides background information about digital artists and highlights art made using apps, computer graphics and other digital tools.
Register for a free PBS LearningMedia account to quickly create your own media rich lessons and storyboards with PBS LearningMedia tools for teachers. And sign up for our webinars and workshops to get support in integrating these tools into your teaching.