Recipe Name: Tart 'n' Tangy Slaw
Recipe Chef: Robert Kantor
Type of Cuisine: Slow Smoked Southern Style BBQ
Food Category: Side Dish
This is a slaw to please all of us who hate mayo-covered cabbage -- a sweet and vinegary concoction that is cool, refreshing, and low calorie.
1 quart white vinegar
2 1/2 lb white sugar
1. In a pot combine the vinegar and sugar.
2. Cook on low heat stirring occasionally until liquid becomes clear.
3. When finished cool completely.
1 head green cabbage, shredded
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
1. In a bowl combine all slaw ingredients with the prepared slaw syrup.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and let stand for 2-3 hours, mixing occasionally. ENJOY!
Alone or with anything.