Julie Powell visited KQED's The Writers' Block to record a reading from her latest book, Cleaving: A Story of Marriage, Meat, and Obsession. She was open to participating in a video interview and shared her thoughts about the importance of transparency in the process of transforming animals into meat; how the fame she received from Julie and Julia affected her career path and personal life; revealed some themes for her next fiction novel and showed us her tattoo.
Julie Powell's tattoo "Loufoque" which translates from French to English as "Crazy, Zany"
- Listen to Julie Powell's reading at The Writers' Block
- Purchase Cleaving: A Story of Marriage, Meat, and Obsession at Amazon.com
- Purchase Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously at Amazon.com
- Julie Powell's Amazon.com page
- The Julie/Julia Project: Nobody here but us servantless American cooks...
- Julie Powell's blog: What Could Happen? Musings from a "Libidinous Shrew."
Video by Emmanuel Hapsis & Wendy Goodfriend
Photos by Wendy Goodfriend