Like Rex Tillerson, Cy Musiker is out of the office — and thus, Suzie Racho and Gabe Meline are your Do List secretaries of state this week. Listen above for our picks which, as usual, were culled from a huge list of great events around the Bay Area. (One that we couldn't squeeze in for North Bay listeners is the Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival, running March 22–25; details here.)
This week's picks are below; click through the links below for more details.
- March 17: Ute Lemper is most often affiliated with Kurt Weill, but this tour she interprets Edith Piaf, Jacques Brel, Astor Piazzolla and more.
- Opening March 24: Bay Area rappers and producers get recognized at an expansive exhibit of hip-hop's influence at the Oakland Museum.
- March 22–25: Berkeley's Global Animation Syndicate Fest shows just how much animation has exploded, both artistically and economically.
- March 31: Jazz drummer Scott Amendola blows into Albany's erstwhile dive bar with keyboardists, sax players, and members of Los Lobos in tow.
- March 22: Michael Tilson Thomas and his favorite composer, Mahler, together again at Davies Symphony Hall.
- June 30 - July 1: Devo, the Damned and more in this year's lineup for Burger Boogaloo in Oakland