A buzzy indie-rock vehicle for Pat Grossi’s falsetto voice, his love of harps and keyboards, and songs that turn yearning for love into fine art. Get details and ticket information here.
Covert Operations: Investigating the Known Unknowns
In this fascinating exhibit, the first survey of a generation of artists who respond to the uncertainties of a post-9/11 world, participants investigate surveillance, security, privacy and abuses of power. Get details and ticket information here.
San Francisco Opera at the Ballpark
The San Francisco Opera and the San Francisco Giants team up to present a live simulcast of The Marriage of Figaro, one of Mozart's most beloved works, proving that high art and garlic fries can live in harmony. Get details and ticket information here.
Other 4th of July Events:
- Friday evening: the Oakland East Bay Symphony with Michael Morgan conducting and fireworks at Craneway Pavilion.
- Grand small town-feel parades in Alameda and Danville for early risers.
- The Green Music Center is featuring Megan Hilty joining the Santa Rosa Symphony for a program of All-American favorites, plus picnicking on the lawn and fireworks.
- Silicon Valley Music Festival: 5 p.m. Saturday, July 4 at the Glass House, in San Jose - chamber music plus fireworks.
- Fireworks in San Jose at Discovery Meadow and at Pier 39 in SF.
- Alameda and Marin County Fairs--fireworks at 9:30 every night.
A tribute to and 95th birthday gift for the remarkable dance pioneer Anna Halprin, put together by dance company Inkboat, all in a family-friendly location at the Hyde St. Pier. Get details and ticket information here.
Burger Records' annual 4th of July blowout features two days of punk, rockabilly, and more, with a lineup that includes The Mummies, Shannon & the Clams, King Khan & BBQ Show (pictured). This year with kitsch master John Waters emcees. Get details and ticket information here.
The ever-versatile rapper/producer/EDM-maker Felix da Housecat takes over Temple Nightclub Friday, July 3.
And the Transcendence Theatre Company is putting on music revues in an idyllic setting, at Jack London State Park in Glen Ellen. There's one tonight, Friday, July 3, and other shows throughout the summer.