Clifford The Big Red Dog
Based on the popular Scholastic book series by Norman Bridwell about the lovable oversized canine with his head in the clouds but four paws planted firmly on the ground, Clifford presents a larger-than-life view of the world. With his loving human, Emily Elizabeth, and dog pals, Cleo and T-Bone, Clifford inhabits a colorful island community, inviting viewers on a fun-filled journey through childhood, navigating the dips and curves along the way. The series emphasizes good citizenship and the importance of community. Each episode concludes with a component of Clifford's Big Ideas" - 10 different attributes children learn to embrace - which leaves them with something to think about and practice in their lives.
Cleo Gets A Cone/A Job Well Read (#211) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Cleo Gets A Cone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Kind. The dogs see another dog wearing a cone collar and Cleo and Mac make assumptions about the other dog's "weakness of character" (she should have been able to stop scratching!). However, a few days later, Cleo is forced to "walk a mile in her cone" when she herself can't stop scratching - and the experience teaches her compassion. * A Job Well Read - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend. Jetta volunteers to watch her baby brother Cosmo but finds him more energetic than she was expecting. With the help of her good friends Charley and Emily, she's convinced to try reading to the little guy - an activity that Cosmo really loves!
When I Grow Up/Not Now, I'm Busy (#212) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* When I Grow Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful. When Jetta hears that Charley wants to be a Martial Arts Master when he grows up, she gives him a hard time about it. But Jetta soon learns that everyone's dreams are valuable and worthy. * Not Now, I'm Busy - Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others. Clifford, Cleo and T-Bone go to KC's house to visit him, but K.C. tells the gang he's too busy to play and Cleo feels slighted. Later, when the dogs walk by K.C.'s house and see K.C.'s owner reading to him, Cleo's hurt is compounded. Eventually the dogs learn that K.C. is moving to the island to be an assistance dog. The dogs learn that even though sometimes friends aren't always available, they're still friends.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 4:30pm
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 1:30pm
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 5:00pm email reminder
Princess Cleo/Basketball Stories (#209) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Princess Cleo - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Cleo discovers her grandmother was a Queen - and that makes her a Princess! She begins to enjoy all the privileges she believes come with being a Princess - but soon learns that her friends are more important to her than any crown or title could ever be. In the end, she discovers that it's more fun to read about being a princess than to be one in real life. * Basketball Stories - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Skyscraper Jackson has come to Birdwell Island for a big exhibition game, which Charley wouldn't miss for anything - except a bad cold. But Emily, Vaz and Jetta each write a story about the game for Charley from their different points of view. Charley gets to relive the game through his friend's stories and they have a lot of fun writing and reading them to him.
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 5:00pm
Special T-Bone/Jetta's Sneak Peek (#213) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Special T-Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself.
When Emily Elizabeth starts work on a project titled "What Makes Me Special," it gets all the dogs thinking about what makes them special. T-Bone isn't quite sure, but soon discovers that he has a special gift for making others feel good.
* Jetta's Sneak Peek -Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful.
Jetta can't resist reading Emily Elizabeth's journal, but soon learns that it's important to respect someone's privacy.
Doggie Detectives/Camping It Up (#210) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Doggy Detectives - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together. Equipment is disappearing from the local playground and it's up to K. C., inspired by the Detective Mike books he likes so much, to figure out what happened. He enlists the help of Clifford and the gang to form the "Doggy Detectives" to solve the mystery and the whole gang soon discovers the joy of discovery available in reading a good book! * Camping It Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together. Because she thinks camping is going to be boring, Jetta tries to bring all the comforts of home into the woods. But she soon realizes that there's more than one way to have a good time - and sometimes the simple way is just perfect.
Vaz Goes Down The Tube/Cyber Puppy Problems (#214) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Vaz Goes Down The Tube - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible
Vaz gets a new satellite dish with 632 channels and begins to lose himself to the world of TV. He stops participating in activities like reading books, visiting the library and playing soccer. Eventually, Clifford and his friends help him realize that he's missing out on some very fun and important real life experiences.
* Cyber Puppy Problems - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself
When Mac worries that Jetta loves her mechanical toy dog more than she loves him, his friends rally around to help him get through his crisis of confidence.
Another Fine Mess/King Mac (#215) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Another Fine Mess - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible When Emily Elizabeth puts off the responsibility of cleaning her room, the mess grows until she can't find anything. She spends so much time trying to find things that she misses out on fun activities like reading to Clifford and playing with her friends. She soon learns that taking care of responsibility now can save a lot of trouble later.
* King Mac - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful When T-Bone thinks he is responsible for getting Mac in trouble, he goes overboard to help Mac in any way he can. But Mac shows a lack of respect for their friendship by taking advantage of his little friend's guilt.
Who Moved My Bone/Clifford The Pirate King (#216) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Who Moved My Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be A Good Friend When Cleo accuses T-Bone of trying to steal her bone, Clifford gets caught in the middle of his two feuding friends. His efforts finally pay off when Cleo and T-Bone realize that their friendship is worth more than a silly old bone.
* Clifford the Pirate King - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together After reading the book Treasure Island in school, the kids decide to throw a "Treasure Island" theme party. Clifford helps them prepare for the festivities on Charley's houseboat. But once the party begins, they discover Clifford is too big for the boat. The kids choose to relocate the party rather than let Clifford feel left out.
Clifford's Cookie Craving/Jetta's Friend (#217) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Clifford's Cookie Craving - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Mr. Bleakman bakes a giant cookie for the Birdwell Fair, then leaves it unattended. Clifford gets one whiff of it and, try as he might, simply can't resist the temptation to taste it. Mr. Bleakman forgives the Big Dog when he realizes that everyone makes mistakes -including the mistake of leaving too big of a temptation in front of a child.< br>* Jetta's Friend - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend When her pen pal visits the island, nothing goes as Jetta planned, but to her own surprise, she has fun anyway!
Fishing Lessons/No Baths for Cleo (#218) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fishing Lessons - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful Charley promises to teach Emily Elizabeth how to fish, then keeps putting it off until "tomorrow." At first Emily Elizabeth is understanding and uses the extra time to visit the library and check out books on fishing, but after a while, she's hurt by Charley's continuous cancellations. Emily Elizabeth and Jetta help him to realize that once a promise is made, it should be honored and respected.
* No Baths For Cleo - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful To avoid baths, Cleo runs away from home. With the help of her friends, she comes to understand and respect the fact that giving Cleo a bath is just one of the many ways Mrs. Diller shows her love.
Flood of Imagination/Lights Out (#219) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flood of Imagination - It's raining and Cleo's going stir-crazy with boredom! But Clifford comes to her rescue by helping her to imagine an exciting action/adventure story.
* Lights Out - Mr. Bleakman and Clifford save the day when a big power failure threatens to paralyze Birdwell Island.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 29, 2014 -- 4:30pm email reminder
My Best Friend/Cleo's Fair Share (#101) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* My Best Friend - Emily decides she must find something "special" for Show and Tell. After an exhaustive search of Birdwell Island for the perfect thing, she learns that sometimes the best things in life are right under your nose.
* Cleo's Fair Share - Cleo gets a new toy and doesn't want to share it. She soon learns that it's not so much fun playing with a new toy without your friends.
Clifford On Parade/Follow The Leader (#120) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Clifford on Parade - Emily and Charley are having a hard time deciding what kind of float to make for the annual Birdwell Parade. With a little help from Clifford, they learn the importance of compromise.
* Follow the Leader - Cleo has a hard time giving up her role as " leader" in a game of Follow The Leader, but soon learns that playing with friends is more fun when everyone cooperates and takes turns with one another.
Special Delivery/Ferry Tale (#102) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Special Delivery - Clifford accidentally breaks a present he was supposed to deliver for Emily, then allows Cleo to convince him to try and hide the fact from Emily. But Clifford learns that it's best to be honest, right from the start.
* A Ferry Tale - After Emily grooms Clifford in preparation for Prize Pooch Magazine's "Dog of the Year" contest, he is expected to "stay clean" until the judge, Lily LaValley, arrives. Clifford struggles to stay clean, but getting dirty gets the better of him. In the end, Clifford learns that Emily loves him, clean or dirty, unconditionally.
Good-Bye T-Bone/The Truth About Dogs and Cats (#121) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Good-Bye T-Bone - Sheriff Lewis and T-Bone are moving. Cleo and Clifford think that they are leaving Birdwell Island entirely so they set out to give T-Bone the best day of his life.
* The Truth About Dogs and Cats - T-Bone can't have cats in his tree, everyone says so. The dogs' attempts to scare the cats away don't work very well.
Birdy Makes Three/Home Is Where The Fun Is (#103) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* And Birdy Makes Three - When Emily finds a baby bird, she decides to take care of it until it learns to fly. Clifford learns that even when she's busy with other things Emily never stops loving him.
* Home Is Where the Fun Is - First, Emily feels jealous that Jetta gets to go and see the amazing Titanic Tower in the exciting big city. But she soon learns that there are some pretty amazing things right in her own backyard.
The Big Sleepover/Dog for a Day (#122) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
*The Big Sleepover - Emily has to go out of town for the day without Clifford so he spends the day with Charley. He misses Emily so much that his howling wakes the whole town. Their solution is to join him for a sleepover on the beach.
* Dog for a Day - Charley is envious of the carefree lives that Clifford and the other dogs live. He thinks differently after dreaming that he is a Dog For A Day.
Clifford's Carnival/Clifford's Doggy Reunion (#104) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Clifford's Carnival - Everyone, including Clifford, knows to work as a team to put on this year's Fall Carnival. Jetta sees herself as a boss rather than a team player but soon learns the importance of being a team player.
* Clifford's Doggy Reunion - Clifford and Emily are excited - Cousin Laura and her dog Rex are coming to visit! They haven't seen each other since Clifford was a little puppy! When they arrive, Emily and Clifford find Laura and Rex are different than they remember them. They learn that people change and adjustments have to be made.
Great Race/Tummy Trouble (#105) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Great Race - T-Bone finds himself in a contest with Mac. He doesn't win, but he does his best. T-Bone learns that you don't have to win to feel good - you just have to do your very best.
* Tummy Trouble - Clifford and his dog friends convince themselves that it's okay to eat lots of treats as long as they've done "special" things to deserve them. All three learn that too much of a good thing can be bad.
Cleo Comes to Town/False Friends (#106) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Cleo Comes To Town - In flashback, we see how Cleo shook everybody up when she first moved to Birdwell Island. T-Bone learns to accept her as a new friend, and also how to share an old friend (Clifford) with a new one.
* False Friends - When Cleo gets a new doggie playground and suddenly Mac is her new best friend, she starts ignoring Clifford and T-Bone! But Cleo soon learns that good friends stick by you through thick and thin.
Clifford & The Beanstalk/Itchy Patch (#107) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Clifford and the Beanstalk - Emily works hard to prepare for her audition for the lead in the school play, but loses the role to Jetta, who worries more about what she'll wear than about learning her lines. Emily steps in and plays the lead role at the last minute, and Jetta learns that it's hard work and preparation are what make you successful.
* Itchy Patch - Clifford is itching like crazy but tries hard to stop when he hears Emily say that she'll take him to the vet if he keeps it up. With the help of Cleo and T-Bone, Clifford tries every trick to conceal his discomfort to avoid a trip to the doctor! But Clifford soon learns the value of trust in an unknown situation.
A New Friend/Stormy Weather (#108) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A New Friend - There's a new dog in town - and he only has three legs.Clifford, Cleo and T-Bone really like KC, but they're having a hard time acting normal around him. One minute Clifford overcompensates for KC and the next, Cleo frets that his "difference" might be contagious! Ultimately, they happily learn to accept KC. < br />* Stormy Weather - Clifford's talent for digging seems to be disrupting everyone in town. But when a big storm comes in, his deficit becomes an asset. So Clifford learns to look for the appropriate time and place for his talents to be expressed.
Circus Stars/Limelight Fright (#109) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Circus Stars - When Clifford's hero Gordo the elephant, star of the circus, comes down with a cold, Clifford volunteers to step in and help out. Starstruck Clifford learns that "stars" are just regular people and, like everyone else, they sometimes need a helping hand.
* Limelight Fright - When Emily and Charley recruit the crew to help them with a show, scene-stealing Cleo is surprised to discover she has stage fright! But she learns that the support of friends can help work through a problem.
To Catch A Bird/The Best Party Ever (#110S) Duration: 24:36 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* To Catch a Bird - When Jetta's trophy and locket are missing, all fingers and paws point to Emily - all of them except for Clifford's! The dogs, led by Clifford, finally prove Emily didn't steal anything, and Clifford learns the value of having faith in a friend.
* The Best Party Ever - Jetta ridicules Emily for not planning enough exciting activities for her birthday party, so Charley convinces Emily not to invite her. But Emily realizes that Jetta's feelings were hurt and invites her after all. Besides, with Clifford at the party, there's always more than enough excitement - even for Jetta!
Come Back, Mac/Boo! (#111) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Come Back, Mac - Mac tears one of Jetta's favorite sweaters and feels so terrible he runs away. Clifford and friends seek him out and convince him to return and face the music. Mac learns that he's more important to Jetta than her sweater, and that facing up is the wise thing to do.
* Boo! - It's Halloween and Jetta can't stop bragging about how brave she is. When the whole town gets a little spooked after watching a scary "ghost" movie, Jetta learns that it's okay to have fears, admit them out loud, and let the people who care about you know about them.
Little Clifford/Welcome to Birdwell Island (#112) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Little Clifford - In this flashback story, we learn how Emily and Clifford got together and how Emily's unconditional love changed the "runt" of the litter into the biggest dog around!
* Welcome To Birdwell Island - This flashback episode tells the story of the day the Howards moved to Birdwell Island. The town is full of preconceived ideas about how "a big dog can mean big problems" for the island, but they soon learn that Clifford has much to offer, and that they shouldn't make assumptions before they know the facts.
Dog Who Cried Woof/Doing The Right Thing (#113) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Dog Who Cried Woof - After overhearing Samuel tell the kids a scary story about Whiffy the Skunk Ghost, Clifford and T-Bone get a bit spooked. Cleo takes the opportunity to play a series of naughty tricks on them, but then finds them not believing her when she really needs them! She learns that it isn't nice to play tricks on people.
* periences a guilt-induced dream where his conscience tries to show him the right thing to do. T-Bone listens and learns that it's always best to do the right thing.
Leaf of Absence/Nobody's Perfect (#114) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Leaf of Absence - T-Bone asks Clifford to keep an eye on a pile of leaves he has collected, but Clifford simply can't resist jumping into them. When the wind picks up, Clifford realizes he hasn't taken his responsibility seriously enough. Clifford spends the afternoon re-collecting the pile, and T-Bone is truly grateful when he returns to see his leaves are okay. Clifford learns the importance of keeping a promise.
* Nobody's Perfect - It's Silly Sports Day at school and everyone is looking forward to seeing Charley master yet another athletic feat. But Charley is having a messy time trying to learn how to "Jiggly Juggle"! Charley wants to throw in the towel, but he learns that you don't have to be the very best at something to enjoy doing it!
Teacher's Pet/Islander of the Year (#115) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Teacher's Pet - The dogs go to school for the first time and T-Bone worries that he won't be able to keep up with the rest of the class. He works hard and pays close attention to the teacher's directions, and in the end his efforts are rewarded-as are the efforts of every member of the class as each is praised for his/her unique qualities.
* Islander of the Year - The library sponsors an essay contest for Islander of the Year, and the children all submit their ideas. But somehow, all their tales include Clifford - who is ultimately chosen as the winner! Sometimes a winner is the one you'd least expect.
Clifford's Big Surprise/Ears Have It (#116) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Ears Have It - Clifford and Cleo are all excited about the town's upcoming celebration complete with a parade and fireworks! But they notice that T-Bone isn't quite is enthusiastic and soon learn that he is scared of the loud noises of all the festivities. T-Bone learns that the support of good friends can help you manage feelings of fear.
* Clifford's Big Surprise - Everyone is too busy to play with Clifford, because they are too busy planning a surprise party for him!On his own, Clifford learns that playing by yourself can be fun - but so is a party with all of your friends!
Tough Enough/Stars In Your Eyes (#117) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Tough Enough? - Thinking that it'll make him more appealing to Sheriff Lewis, T-Bone decides to "toughen up." T-Bone eventually learns that it's much nicer to be nice than to be tough-and everyone loves him just the way he is.
* Stars In Your Eyes - Charley gets a new telescope and offers to bring it to Emily Elizabeth's "space" theme party. When Jetta mentions that the telescope might get damaged at the party, Charley changes his mind. Thinking that his friends won't want him at the party without his telescope, he decides to stay home. In the end, Charley realizes that his friends like him for who he is rather than what he has.
Mac's Secret Dog Club/The Dog Park (#118) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Mac's Secret Dog Club - Mac starts a club and tries to exclude T-Bone. When Cleo and Clifford refuse to join without T-Bone, Mac gets lonely being the only member of such an "exclusive" club. Mac soon realizes that it's not fun to be left out and he opens the club to everyone.
* The Dog Park - It's a beautiful day at the park, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the dogs are playing-much to Mr. Bleakman's annoyance! Mr. Bleakman manages to make the park "off limits" to dogs only to discover that he misses them when they're gone.
Fluffed Up Cleo/Team Spirit (#119) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fluffed Up Cleo - When Cleo wins the esteemed honor of Fluffiest Dog of Birdwell Island, it's all she can talk about! Clifford and T-Bone bear with the new star, but it takes a lot of patience. When Cleo gets a dose of her own medicine from Mac, she learns that bragging all of the time can be boring - it's okay to be proud of an accomplishment, but be careful to be respectful of others.
* Team Spirit - After Jetta tells Vaz that his poor soccer skills are holding back their team, Vaz tries to sit out the rest of the game. In the end, both Jetta and Vaz learn that being part of a team is more important than winning games.