Clifford The Big Red Dog
Based on the popular Scholastic book series by Norman Bridwell about the lovable oversized canine with his head in the clouds but four paws planted firmly on the ground, Clifford presents a larger-than-life view of the world. With his loving human, Emily Elizabeth, and dog pals, Cleo and T-Bone, Clifford inhabits a colorful island community, inviting viewers on a fun-filled journey through childhood, navigating the dips and curves along the way. The series emphasizes good citizenship and the importance of community. Each episode concludes with a component of Clifford's Big Ideas" - 10 different attributes children learn to embrace - which leaves them with something to think about and practice in their lives.
Forgive & Forget/Mimi's Back In Town (#139) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Forgive & Forget - When Clifford forgets a play date, Cleo gets really upset. After all, she would never do that to a friend. Cleo wont even accept Clifford's apologies. But T-bone points out to Cleo that maybe she is the one who isn't being a good friend. After all, Clifford did apologize and a good friend would never hold a grudge. Cleo learns that good friends forgive (and forget!).
* Mimi-s Back in Town - T-bone really likes Mimi, the little brown poodle who visits the Island on occasion, and is very excited to hear she's coming back again! But when Cleo starts teasing him about how much he likes Mimi, T-bone feels embarrassed and uncomfortable. He finally confronts Cleo about it and Cleo learns that teasing can be anything that makes someone feel uncomfortable.
Potluck Party Pooper/The Best Gift (#136) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Potluck Party Pooper - The Howards are having a party and everyone they know will be attending. Everyone but Mr. Bleakman, that is. The old party pooper insists that he'd rather stay home and do his usual Saturday afternoon routine. But Clifford and Emily Elizabeth and her friends wont give up on trying to convince Mr. Bleakman that trying something new can be fun! Finally they are able to convince him to join them and a great time is had by all.
* The Best Gift - Emily Elizabeth believes she has the perfect gift for her mothers birthday. She plans to spend the entire afternoon with her mother and the reading of a poem written just for her mom. Charley agrees that the gift is perfect, but Jetta has other ideas. Emily Elizabeth agrees to at least try some of Jetta's ideas. But in the end she realizes that the gift she created from her heart really is the best gift.
- KQED Kids: Tue, Jul 28, 2015 -- 6:30pm
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 2, 2015 -- 6:30pm Remind me
Blanket Blues/Dino Clifford (#140) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Blanket Blues - Cleo spies Clifford's favorite blanket - one he has had since he was a puppy - and proclaims it the perfect cape for Super T-bone. Clifford reluctantly allows his friends to use the blanket, if they promise to bevery careful. The game turns rambunctious, the blanket gets dirty and Clifford gets upset. Cleo and T-bone realize that to be a good friend you should listen to and respect the wishes and property of others.
* Dino Clifford - Vaz's big sister Teresa is home from college and ready to dig for dinosaur bones & fossils on Birdwell Island! Who more perfect to help her dig than Clifford and his dog friends? Everybody has great luck digging up fossils that will complete a dinosaur skeleton that Teresa is piecing together - everybody but T-bone that is. But by believing in himself, T-bone ultimately comes up with one of the most important bones needed to complete the job.
Two's Company/Fair Weather Friend (#137) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Two's Company - All of the dogs are so excited that their old friend K.C. is back on the island for a couple of days. Cleo, however, is particularly excited and focuses all of her attention on him at the expense of ignoring T-bone and Clifford. She discovers that being a good friend means you should be kind and considerate to all your friends and not take any of them for granted.
* Fair Weather Friend - Mac is particularly disappointed when rainy weather threatens to ruin the upcoming Back-To-School Barbecue held every year at Jetta's house. The other dogs, seeing his disappointment, vow to find a way to stop the rain from falling. It doesn't take long for them to realize that you cant change the weather. But Macs disappointment is replaced with delight that his friends would go to such lengths to try and help him.
- KQED Kids: Wed, Jul 29, 2015 -- 6:30pm Remind me
That's Snow Lie/A Friend In Need (#201) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* That's Snow Lie - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself Cleo pretends to hurt her paw so she won't have to embarrass herself on the ice rink
* A Friend In Need - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Jetta insists on taking on a big job without help so she can be a " hero."
Topsy Turvy/Clifford's Charm School (#138) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Topsy Turvy - Jetta and Emily trade dogs for the Islands annual Topsy Turvy Day, a day when everything gets turned around. Jetta learns that being kind and thoughtful gets you a lot farther than being bossy.
*Clifford's Charm School - Mrs. Bleakman is having a very special party for her book club members and Cleo and Mac convince Clifford that his regular good manners wont be good enough for the event. Clifford believes he is just fine the way he is, but Cleo and Mac insist on teaching him some special fancy manners. In the end, Clifford decides to just be himself and ends up saving the party by providing shade for Mrs. Bleakmans guests.
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jul 30, 2015 -- 6:30pm Remind me
Fan Mail/Hooray for Cleo (#202) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fan Mail: Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself. Emily Elizabeth writes a fan letter to her favorite pop star and discovers - with the help of Mr. Bleakman - that sometimes wishes do come true. (Literacy episode.)
* Hooray For Cleo - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Honest Cleo withholds information and makes everyone think she's a beachball playing star.
Jetta's Tall Tale/The Big Fetch (#135) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Jetta feels a twinge of jealousy when the other children make a fuss over Emily Elizabeth's wonderful big pet Clifford, so she blurts out a story about her own wonderful big pet a huge parrot named Lulu. But the little lie quickly grows into a big mess, forcing Jetta to dress Clifford up as a bird to keep the lie from being exposed. Her conscience finally makes her do the right thing and she apologizes for having created the lie in the first place./ Vaz is new at being a paperboy and is struggling with getting the papers onto people's doorsteps. Cleo steps in and discovers that she can earn treats by helping out! She recruits Clifford and T-bone and together they enjoy helping Vaz out and getting treats. But before long Cleo has forgotten about the helping out part and is only concerned with getting treats. Clifford and T-bone help her rediscover that helping for its own sake is its own reward.
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 1, 2015 -- 6:30pm Remind me
Nothing to Fur But Fur Itself/Jetta's Project (#203) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Nothing To Fur But Fur Itself - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself. Having been scared by a ghost movie, T-Bone resolves to not let fear get the better of him. That is easier said than done!
*Jetta's Project - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful. When Jetta decides she really wants to win a model-building contest, she uses her friendship with Charley and Emily to get her way.
Stinky Friends/He's Wonderful Mr. Bleakman (#204) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Stinky Friends - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful. Clifford can't resist going into a field to play - even after Emily Elizabeth tells him he's not allowed.
* He's Wonderful Mr. Bleakman - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful. Mr. Bleakman gets a little grumpy when Clifford messes up his new potato garden, and Emily almost wishes that he wasn't her neighbor.
Magic in the Air/Everyone Loves Clifford (#205) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Magic in the Air - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible. When the Peter Poundstone Magician craze sweeps the island, Charley gets carried away and neglects an important assignment. * Everyone Loves Clifford - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Kind. When Emily Elizabeth scratches Clifford's "sweet spot," his back leg starts thumping and the whole island shakes!
Clifford Grows Up/Jetta's Sweater (#206) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Clifford Grows Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others The Howards do their best to make Clifford comfortable after he's grown too big for their city apartment. So they finally move to Birdwell Island to make Clifford happy. * Jetta's Sweater - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Honest Jetta inadvertently gives Emily Elizabeth a sweater that was a gift from her grandma. When she realizes her mistake, she resorts to all kinds of tricks to get it back.
Big Hearted T-Bone/Cleo's Valentine Surprise (#207) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Big Hearted T-Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible. T-Bone generously offers to watch Cleo's niece KiKi so Cleo can get some rest. But his honorable intentions are challenged when his female canine friend Mimi comes to town. * Cleo's Valentine Surprise - Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others. Cleo, with some help from K.C., prepares a special gift for Clifford and T-Bone and expects a BIG gift in return.
Embarrassing Moments/Lucky Charm (#208) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* In "Embarrassing Moments" Vaz rips his pants during a soccer game and everyone helps him feel better by telling their own tales of embarrassing moments. However, Jetta insists these things never happen to her.
* In the second story, when Emily Elizabeth loses her lucky stone, she loses her self confidence.
Princess Cleo/Basketball Stories (#209) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Princess Cleo - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Cleo discovers her grandmother was a Queen - and that makes her a Princess! She begins to enjoy all the privileges she believes come with being a Princess - but soon learns that her friends are more important to her than any crown or title could ever be. In the end, she discovers that it's more fun to read about being a princess than to be one in real life. * Basketball Stories - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Skyscraper Jackson has come to Birdwell Island for a big exhibition game, which Charley wouldn't miss for anything - except a bad cold. But Emily, Vaz and Jetta each write a story about the game for Charley from their different points of view. Charley gets to relive the game through his friend's stories and they have a lot of fun writing and reading them to him.
Doggie Detectives/Camping It Up (#210) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Doggy Detectives - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together. Equipment is disappearing from the local playground and it's up to K. C., inspired by the Detective Mike books he likes so much, to figure out what happened. He enlists the help of Clifford and the gang to form the "Doggy Detectives" to solve the mystery and the whole gang soon discovers the joy of discovery available in reading a good book! * Camping It Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together. Because she thinks camping is going to be boring, Jetta tries to bring all the comforts of home into the woods. But she soon realizes that there's more than one way to have a good time - and sometimes the simple way is just perfect.
Cleo Gets A Cone/A Job Well Read (#211) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Cleo Gets A Cone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Kind. The dogs see another dog wearing a cone collar and Cleo and Mac make assumptions about the other dog's "weakness of character" (she should have been able to stop scratching!). However, a few days later, Cleo is forced to "walk a mile in her cone" when she herself can't stop scratching - and the experience teaches her compassion. * A Job Well Read - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend. Jetta volunteers to watch her baby brother Cosmo but finds him more energetic than she was expecting. With the help of her good friends Charley and Emily, she's convinced to try reading to the little guy - an activity that Cosmo really loves!
When I Grow Up/Not Now, I'm Busy (#212) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* When I Grow Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful. When Jetta hears that Charley wants to be a Martial Arts Master when he grows up, she gives him a hard time about it. But Jetta soon learns that everyone's dreams are valuable and worthy. * Not Now, I'm Busy - Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others. Clifford, Cleo and T-Bone go to KC's house to visit him, but K.C. tells the gang he's too busy to play and Cleo feels slighted. Later, when the dogs walk by K.C.'s house and see K.C.'s owner reading to him, Cleo's hurt is compounded. Eventually the dogs learn that K.C. is moving to the island to be an assistance dog. The dogs learn that even though sometimes friends aren't always available, they're still friends.
Special T-Bone/Jetta's Sneak Peek (#213) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Special T-Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself.
When Emily Elizabeth starts work on a project titled "What Makes Me Special," it gets all the dogs thinking about what makes them special. T-Bone isn't quite sure, but soon discovers that he has a special gift for making others feel good.
* Jetta's Sneak Peek -Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful.
Jetta can't resist reading Emily Elizabeth's journal, but soon learns that it's important to respect someone's privacy.
Vaz Goes Down The Tube/Cyber Puppy Problems (#214) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Vaz Goes Down The Tube - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible
Vaz gets a new satellite dish with 632 channels and begins to lose himself to the world of TV. He stops participating in activities like reading books, visiting the library and playing soccer. Eventually, Clifford and his friends help him realize that he's missing out on some very fun and important real life experiences.
* Cyber Puppy Problems - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself
When Mac worries that Jetta loves her mechanical toy dog more than she loves him, his friends rally around to help him get through his crisis of confidence.
Another Fine Mess/King Mac (#215) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Another Fine Mess - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible When Emily Elizabeth puts off the responsibility of cleaning her room, the mess grows until she can't find anything. She spends so much time trying to find things that she misses out on fun activities like reading to Clifford and playing with her friends. She soon learns that taking care of responsibility now can save a lot of trouble later.
* King Mac - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful When T-Bone thinks he is responsible for getting Mac in trouble, he goes overboard to help Mac in any way he can. But Mac shows a lack of respect for their friendship by taking advantage of his little friend's guilt.
Who Moved My Bone/Clifford The Pirate King (#216) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Who Moved My Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be A Good Friend When Cleo accuses T-Bone of trying to steal her bone, Clifford gets caught in the middle of his two feuding friends. His efforts finally pay off when Cleo and T-Bone realize that their friendship is worth more than a silly old bone.
* Clifford the Pirate King - Clifford's Big Idea: Work Together After reading the book Treasure Island in school, the kids decide to throw a "Treasure Island" theme party. Clifford helps them prepare for the festivities on Charley's houseboat. But once the party begins, they discover Clifford is too big for the boat. The kids choose to relocate the party rather than let Clifford feel left out.
Clifford's Cookie Craving/Jetta's Friend (#217) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Clifford's Cookie Craving - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Mr. Bleakman bakes a giant cookie for the Birdwell Fair, then leaves it unattended. Clifford gets one whiff of it and, try as he might, simply can't resist the temptation to taste it. Mr. Bleakman forgives the Big Dog when he realizes that everyone makes mistakes -including the mistake of leaving too big of a temptation in front of a child.< br>* Jetta's Friend - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend When her pen pal visits the island, nothing goes as Jetta planned, but to her own surprise, she has fun anyway!
Fishing Lessons/No Baths for Cleo (#218) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fishing Lessons - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful Charley promises to teach Emily Elizabeth how to fish, then keeps putting it off until "tomorrow." At first Emily Elizabeth is understanding and uses the extra time to visit the library and check out books on fishing, but after a while, she's hurt by Charley's continuous cancellations. Emily Elizabeth and Jetta help him to realize that once a promise is made, it should be honored and respected.
* No Baths For Cleo - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful To avoid baths, Cleo runs away from home. With the help of her friends, she comes to understand and respect the fact that giving Cleo a bath is just one of the many ways Mrs. Diller shows her love.
Flood of Imagination/Lights Out (#219) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flood of Imagination - It's raining and Cleo's going stir-crazy with boredom! But Clifford comes to her rescue by helping her to imagine an exciting action/adventure story.
* Lights Out - Mr. Bleakman and Clifford save the day when a big power failure threatens to paralyze Birdwell Island.
A Big Help/The Trouble with Kittens (#220) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Big Help: Cleo and T-Bone notice how often Clifford is able to use his large size to help out. But when the kittens, Billy and Betty, get stuck in a tree, the little dogs learn that you don't have to be big to be helpful.
* The Trouble With Kittens: When kittens Betty and Billy insist on playing in Mr. Bleakman's yard, Clifford does his best to keep them out.
Led Astray/Wedding Bell Blues (#221) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Led Astray: Clifford's new friend Artie is up to no good - and he talks Clifford into joining him. He "borrows" Cleo's favorite toy and helps digs a big hole. Clifford soon realizes that being friends with Artie isn't worth getting in trouble.
* Wedding Bell Blues: The children's teacher, Miss Carrington, is getting married and leaving the school. The kids imagine what their new, "interesting" teacher Mrs. Grumbly will be like.
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 27, 2015 -- 11:30am Remind me
Food for Thought/Friends 4ever (#222) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Food For Thought: Clifford and his friends are influenced by advertisements for a new dog food.
* Friends 4ever: When T-Bone learns his old best buddy Burger is coming for a visit, he tells Clifford and Cleo about the time when he was a puppy, and thought he'd never be able to have another friend as good Burger.
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 28, 2015 -- 11:30am Remind me
Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck (#223) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright.
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 31, 2015 -- 11:30am Remind me