HighlightsMay 25, 2013
Today at 1:30pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
The "mind" and "self" were formerly the domain of philosophers and priests. The program looks at how neurologists now lead the charge on profound questions like, "How does the brain make me?"
Tonight at 8:00pm
on KQED 9
A fatherless reform school kid, Steve McQueen joined the Marines, but was never far from trouble — until he found acting.
A lot of things about grilling can ignite a fight, including the type of fuel you use for a charcoal grill.
This American Life
Today at 12:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
The national conversation on climate change has finally started to shift -- just a little. The hottest year on record in the U.S., Hurricane Sandy, drought devastating Midwest farms... Lots of people were wondering if global warming had finally arrived, here at home.
Here's your chance to be a part of history. Do you have a family mystery you would like solved? Is there a missing piece or person in your family tree you've always wondered about? Apply to be on the San Francisco episode of this new television series now.
What's your best dance move? If you don't have a signature dance move that you consider your own, then make one up! Capture your move in a short video and share the link with us.
Bay Area Bites
Ideas on how to choose foods that support the liver and kidneys, the primary detox organs, so that cleansing becomes part of a balanced and tasty diet.
What's on KQED Radio now?
NPR Hourly News
- East Bay Volunteers Needed to Collect Data on Earthquakes
- USGS Seeking New Homes for Earthquake Sensors in East Bay Hills
- San Jose District, Teachers Agree to Contract: New Teacher Rating System
- News Pix: Bay Bridge Gets a White Coat, Ocean Beach Makeover and 50 Years of Maurice Sendak
Check, Please! Bay Area restaurant reviews
- 806: Hunan Home's Restaurant, Radius, Guerilla Cafe
- 805: Bocanova, Willi's Wine Bar, The Rotunda of Neiman Marcus
- 804: Pompei's Grotto, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, SPQR
- 803: Maverick, Izakaya Yuzuki, Souk Savanh
- 802: Zare at Fly Trap, Barrio Fiesta, Flora
- 801: Angkor Borei, Indigo, Farallon
- Leslie Sbrocco's Wine Tips
Follow KQED on Facebook
- Arrested Development: Identify Your Character by How You Watch the New Season : KQED Pop
- Why Programming Teaches So Much More Than Technical Skills
- Teaching Respect and Responsibility — Even to Digital Natives
- California’s Health Insurance Exchange Sets Plans, Premiums; No ‘Rate Shock’
- 5 Tools to Introduce Programming to Kids
- Flipped Classroom 2.0: Competency Learning With Videos
- 7 Essential Cooking Lessons I Learned at San Francisco Cooking School : Bay Area Bites
- San Francisco Apartment Rental Rates Vary Widely by Neighborhood
- Why Reading Aloud to Older Children Is Valuable
- How to Address “Yeah, But” Objections From Resisters
Thu, May 30, 2013: Meet Bay Area makers and artists featured in The Making Of... a community collaboration
by The Kitchen Sisters and KQED, on Thursday and Friday, May ...
Sat, June 1, 2013: Please join KQED at CityCamp Palo Alto for a sneak peak preview of the PBS film, Extreme
by Design, which airs nationally on PBS in ...
Sun, June 2, 2013: At 9am, KQED Public Radio's popular arts roundup The Do List with Cy Musiker and the San
Francisco Chronicle's David Wiegand will be part of ...