HighlightsMay 23, 2013
Tonight at 8:00pm
on KQED 9
In this series, historian Dan Snow unravels the stories of six of the world's most famous castles, from Europe to the Middle East.
Today at 10:00am
on KQED 88.5 FM
Doctor and activist Paul Farmer joins us to talk about his advice to future doctors and his new book, "To Repair the World," a collection of his speeches on global health and social justice.
Today at 1:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
Actress Julianne Moore joins the program. She's currently starring in the new film "What Maisie Knew" as an out-of-control rock star and mother in the midst of a nasty custody battle. Moore has been nominated for an Oscar four times.
"Avoid Extreme Diets — 5 Warm Weather Foods That Naturally Detox The Body" - Some people use extreme diets like fasting and juice cleanses. But these aren?t necessary for most people and may be dangerous without medical supervision. Here are five foods that support the body while cleansing.
Here's your chance to be a part of history. Do you have a family mystery you would like solved? Is there a missing piece or person in your family tree you've always wondered about? Apply to be on the San Francisco episode of this new television series now.
What's your best dance move? If you don't have a signature dance move that you consider your own, then make one up! Capture your move in a short video and share the link with us.
The state parks are under new management, but the financial crisis has not passed, and park lovers are wondering how long they're going to carry the extra load.
What's on KQED Radio now?
NPR Hourly News
Check, Please! Bay Area restaurant reviews
- 806: Hunan Home's Restaurant, Radius, Guerilla Cafe
- 805: Bocanova, Willi's Wine Bar, The Rotunda of Neiman Marcus
- 804: Pompei's Grotto, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, SPQR
- 803: Maverick, Izakaya Yuzuki, Souk Savanh
- 802: Zare at Fly Trap, Barrio Fiesta, Flora
- 801: Angkor Borei, Indigo, Farallon
- Leslie Sbrocco's Wine Tips
Follow KQED on Facebook
- Meet the Man Who Has Lived Rent-Free Near Sausalito for 50 Years ... On an Illegal Boat
- Flipped Classroom 2.0: Competency Learning With Videos
- Inquiry Learning Vs. Standardized Content: Can They Coexist?
- Why Reading Aloud to Older Children Is Valuable
- What Teens Feel About Privacy and Social Media
- Avoid Extreme Diets -- 5 Warm Weather Foods That Naturally Detox The Body : Bay Area Bites
- 12 Ways To Be More Search Savvy
- 5 Tools to Introduce Programming to Kids
- What It Takes to Become an All Project-Based School
- Photographer Bryant Austin's Close Up With Whales: Forum
Thu, May 30, 2013: Meet Bay Area makers and artists featured in The Making Of... a community collaboration
by The Kitchen Sisters and KQED, on Thursday and Friday, May ...
Sat, June 1, 2013: Please join KQED at CityCamp Palo Alto for a sneak peak preview of the PBS film, Extreme
by Design, which airs nationally on PBS in ...
Sun, June 2, 2013: At 9am, KQED Public Radio's popular arts roundup The Do List with Cy Musiker and the San
Francisco Chronicle's David Wiegand will be part of ...