HighlightsMay 26, 2013
Tonight at 8:00pm
on KQED 9
Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna honor the service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform, their families, and all those who have given their lives to defend our freedom.
On the Media
Today at 2:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
The show looks at the media's governmental scandal narrative. Plus, an American blog rocks Canadian politics, and a look at whistleblowers in the Catholic Church.
A lot of things about grilling can ignite a fight, including the type of fuel you use for a charcoal grill.
City Arts and Lectures
Tuesday at 8:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
Tune in for a conversation with author Fran Lebowitz. Her writing offers insights on timely issues such as gender, race, gay rights, and the media, as well as her own pet peeves. She spoke with Steven Winn on May 10, 2013 at the Nourse Theater in San Francisco.
Here's your chance to be a part of history. Do you have a family mystery you would like solved? Is there a missing piece or person in your family tree you've always wondered about? Apply to be on the San Francisco episode of this new television series now.
What's your best dance move? If you don't have a signature dance move that you consider your own, then make one up! Capture your move in a short video and share the link with us.
Bay Area Bites
Ideas on how to choose foods that support the liver and kidneys, the primary detox organs, so that cleansing becomes part of a balanced and tasty diet.
What's on KQED Radio now?
NPR Hourly News
- East Bay Volunteers Needed to Collect Data on Earthquakes
- USGS Seeking New Homes for Earthquake Sensors in East Bay Hills
- San Jose District, Teachers Agree to Contract: New Teacher Rating System
- News Pix: Bay Bridge Gets a White Coat, Ocean Beach Makeover and 50 Years of Maurice Sendak
Check, Please! Bay Area restaurant reviews
- 806: Hunan Home's Restaurant, Radius, Guerilla Cafe
- 805: Bocanova, Willi's Wine Bar, The Rotunda of Neiman Marcus
- 804: Pompei's Grotto, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, SPQR
- 803: Maverick, Izakaya Yuzuki, Souk Savanh
- 802: Zare at Fly Trap, Barrio Fiesta, Flora
- 801: Angkor Borei, Indigo, Farallon
- Leslie Sbrocco's Wine Tips
Follow KQED on Facebook
- Teaching Respect and Responsibility — Even to Digital Natives
- Arrested Development: Identify Your Character by How You Watch the New Season : KQED Pop
- Why Programming Teaches So Much More Than Technical Skills
- Flipped Classroom 2.0: Competency Learning With Videos
- 5 Tools to Introduce Programming to Kids
- YouTube's Comedy Week a Mixed Bag: Multimedia
- Best Dog-Friendly Hikes Around the Bay
- Vegan Almond Milk Ice Cream: 3 Recipes : Bay Area Bites
- Inquiry Learning Vs. Standardized Content: Can They Coexist?
- Investing in Technology: The Public Relations Problem
Thu, May 30, 2013: Meet Bay Area makers and artists featured in The Making Of... a community collaboration
by The Kitchen Sisters and KQED, on Thursday and Friday, May ...
Sat, June 1, 2013: Please join KQED at CityCamp Palo Alto for a sneak peak preview of the PBS film, Extreme
by Design, which airs nationally on PBS in ...
Sun, June 2, 2013: At 9am, KQED Public Radio's popular arts roundup The Do List with Cy Musiker and the San
Francisco Chronicle's David Wiegand will be part of ...