Based on best-selling Canadian children's books, this series demonstrates how the first experiences of life, from going to the park to understanding one's own family, can be perceived with wonder and a sense of discovery.
Fall Is in the Air (#426) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Autumn brings fresh cool air and fun surprises. Caillou and Rosie have a ball playing in the piles of fallen leaves in the backyard. Come October, Caillou and Dad make a jack-o-lantern, Grandma bakes her grandkids a pumpkin pie, and Caillou goes trick-or-treating as an astronaut. In November, Thanksgiving seems like a big hassle until Mom and Dad explain its significance, which gets Caillou into the spirit. Caillou can't wait until he is old enough to go to school. Since Sarah has no brother or sister, she invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun, he even draws on the blackboard.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 21, 2016 -- 8:30am
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 4:00pm Remind me
Caillou The Snowman (#306) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Snowflakes - Caillou eagerly awaits the first snowfall of winter, and imagines himself building the biggest snowman in the world. When the snowflakes finally start to fall he rushes outside to play. He and Sarah take a close look at some snowflakes, and then go inside to make their own snowflakes out of paper.
* Caillou Shoots! He Scores! - Caillou wants to play hockey with Billy and the other big kids. He goes with Daddy to the store to get the equipment he needs, but he finds he just can't keep up with the big kids. After Daddy gives Caillou his old hockey sweater - which is way too big for Caillou - he tells him that if he keeps practicing he'll be really good by the time he grows into the sweater. Caillou goes to Leo's house to practice his hockey skills and dream about the future.
* Caillou Goes Tobogganing - Mommy can't find Caillou's toboggan for the playschool tobogganing trip and Caillou is certain he'll miss out on all the fun. Miss Martin tells him that a cardboard box slides just as well as a toboggan on snow, so he decorates a box to look just like a bobsled. Once they get to the hill his bobsled box works just as well as all the other kids' toboggans and he has a grand time after all.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 21, 2016 -- 4:00pm
- KQED Plus: Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
Caillou The Scientist (#310) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench. Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend. Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together.
Caillou The Musician (#307) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou Plays the Drums - Clementine's big brother Billy has a new drum set and is having lots of fun playing as loud as he can. He won't let Clementine and Caillou play his drums though, because he says they're not grown up enough. The two friends set out to prove him wrong, and once they put on their 'grownup costumes' he finally relents and lets them play. Caillou pretends he's a rock and roll drummer playing a big drum solo! Caillou's Marching Band - Caillou and his friends are very excited when a real marching band goes by the playschool. They decide they want to be in a marching band too. The kids find some makeshift instruments in the classroom, and Emma makes them matching band hats. After a shaky start, Caillou leads the others by beating on his drum and they march around the schoolyard like a real marching band. Caillou Sings - The playschool is having a talent show and Caillou wants to sing a song, but Clementine beats him to the punch, picking the exact song he wanted to sing. When it turns out she's having trouble remembering all the words, Caillou suggests they work together and the resulting song-and-dance routine is the hit of the show!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Oct 24, 2016 -- 4:00pm Remind me
Caillou The Bookworm (#311) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou the Librarian - Caillou is excited about showing Rosie the ropes when they visit the library. During storytime Caillou imagines he's in the story, riding on a dolphin. Later he and Rosie argue over a book and accidentally tear it. He doesn't want to tell the librarian, but finally musters up the courage to do so. The librarian turns out to be very nice and he helps her fix the book. And Rosie gets her very own library card!
* Caillou the Bookworm - Returning home from the library Caillou is very eager to sit down and enjoy his pirate book. Unfortunately it's a very busy day and he's having trouble finding a quiet place to look at his book. Caillou finally finds the perfect place - in his closet! By the light of his flashlight he finally gets to enjoy his book and pretends he's the pirate in the story digging up a buried treasure.
* Caillou the Storyteller - It's a rainy day at playschool and the children can't go outside. Caillou makes up a funny story about a superhero who makes the rain stop - it's Super Caillou! He tells the story to Jeffrey and Jason, and Miss Martin suggests he make his own storybook. She writes the story down and Caillou draws the pictures. By the time Mommy comes to pick him up, Caillou has his very own book to show her!
Caillou The Magnificent (#308) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Show and Tell - Caillou has to decide on a nice surprise to bring to playschool for Show and Tell. The only problem is, he can't decide between his toy dinosaur Rexy, his kite, or his toy firetruck. However, when Rosie proves to be the best at surprising everyone, Caillou decides to bring his little sister for Show and Tell. Caillou the Magician - Grandma shows Caillou a simple magic trick, which makes him decide to be a magician. After finding a suitable costume, he practices a new trick - making Rosie disappear! When the time comes to show Mommy and Daddy their trick, Caillou finds that making Rosie reappear might be a challenge, especially when Gilbert gets in the way! Caillou's Castle - Caillou wants to play castles and dragons, even though Gilbert isn't very keen on playing the dragon. Mommy asks him to share and play nicely with his sister, so Caillou and Rosie build their very own castle out of empty cardboard boxes. When Gilbert doesn't want to be the dragon, Mommy and Daddy volunteer for the part and everyone has lots of fun playing make believe.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 -- 4:00pm Remind me
Caillou The Artiste (#312) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Present for Mommy - Mommy's having a bad day - first she can't find her car keys, then she and Caillou have to shovel the car out, and then the car won't start! At playschool Caillou decides to make her a present to cheer her up. His first two attempts don't turn out but he perseveres and makes her a picture of a sun - to melt all the snow!
* Caillou the Chef - Jeffrey and Jason are coming over for dinner - it's a make-your-own pizza party! Caillou feels he is an expert at this and starts to show them how to do it. When the twins both opt for less-than-traditional ingredients Caillou is upset that they're doing it all wrong. In the end, however, their pizzas turn out just fine and Caillou learns that everyone has their own unique way of doing things.
* Caillou the Painter - Caillou's got a brand new painting shirt and decides to paint something for Grandma. He has a little trouble deciding what to paint. He wants to use all his colours and paint all his favourite shapes. Mommy tells him that paintings don't have to be about something and he proceeds to make his own abstract painting! Meanwhile Rosie and Daddy are pressing a flower for Grandma. When Grandma arrives she is thrilled with her very artistic gifts.
Caillou The Explorer (#309) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou of the Antarctic - Caillou is playing with Jeffrey and Jason when he gets accidentally pushed down. He is a little upset about it until he realizes it was an accident. Since it's so hot out Daddy treats them to ice cream and Caillou imagines he's down at the cool cool south pole playing with the penguins! Deep Sea Caillou - There's a new girl named Lee Wun in playschool, but she's so shy she won't talk to anybody. Miss Martin brings in a fish tank to show the class. After imagining he's a tiny deep sea diver swimming in the fishtank, Caillou discovers that Lee Wun knows a lot about fish! Encouraged to tell the others what she knows, Lee Wun is able to start making new friends. Caillou in the Bayou - The whole family is on the way to the beach but accidentally end up on a trail through a swamp. Caillou is disappointed, he doesn't think a swamp could be very interesting, until he takes a closer look at the creatures who live there. He imagines he's in the Bayou searching for alligators.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 26, 2016 -- 4:00pm Remind me
Captain Caillou (#313) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Captain Caillou - Grandpa's got a surprise for Caillou on their trip to the park - it's a remote control sailboat! Caillou is eager to race against the other boats on the pond. He imagines himself as Captain of the fastest sailboat ever. In his eagerness to win however, Caillou goes a little too fast and the boat capsizes. Caillou is sorry he didn't win the race, but he still had lots of fun and is eager to try again next week.
* The Loudest Noise - Mommy sends Caillou to play outside because he's making too much noise and it's Rosie's nap time. Caillou notices all the loud sounds outside, especially Daddy's lawnmower, and the recycling truck. Daddy says he knows a sound that's even louder than those sounds, and takes Caillou to a road near the airport. Daddy was right - the planes taking off overhead are really, really, really loud! Caillou imagines he's a pilot of one of those planes.
* Caillou's First Wedding - Daddy and Mommy's friend Jonas is getting married. The kids are very excited about the ceremony - Caillou is the ringbearer and Rosie is the flowergirl. Caillou is also looking forward to seeing Jonas' horse Lucky again. Caillou learns to say 'Excuse me' when he wants to get by someone, and it comes in handy when he drops the rings amongst the guests!
Caillou Loves The Fall (#314) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou Goes Shopping - Caillou's crayons are all worn down or broken, so Mommy suggests a trip to the store for some new ones. Caillou helps Mommy remember what she needs to buy - he remembers the list of items by making a little song out of them. When they're done they run into Sarah, and Caillou helps her find all her back to school supplies.
* Caillou Goes Apple Picking - Caillou's playschool is on a special field trip to an apple orchard. The children really enjoy learning about apples and picking them too. Caillou imagines himself picking the biggest apple in the whole world. Afterwards they enjoy some fresh apple juice. By the time they get back on the bus to go home, Caillou and his friends are all ready for a little nap!
* Caillou's Hallowe'en Costume - Hallowe'en is coming and it's time to pick out a costume to wear. Soon Rosie has three costumes she wants to wear, but Caillou still hasn't decided on what he wants to be. And time is running out! Finally a piece of blue fake fur gives him a great idea - he'll be a blue monster! His parents help him fashion an odd but effective monster costume out of bits and pieces they find around the house. When Leo and Clementine arrive they agree that Caillou is a very scary-looking monster indeed!
Caillou Outdoors! (#315) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Shoo, Shoo Bird, Fly Away - When birds keep eating the seeds in Mommy and Caillou's newly planted garden, they come up with the idea of making a scarecrow. It's fun picking out the clothes and drawing pictures for the face too. Caillou even imagines he's a scarecrow himself! When they are finished their scarecrow Rosie's noisy pie plates prove to be the final ingredient needed to scare away the birds!
* Caillou's Road Trip - One fine day the family is going on a car trip. Daddy says he doesn't know where they're going, they'll just see what they can find. Caillou thinks this is very strange and isn't sure it will be any fun at all. After playing a car game, they stop at a gas station for lunch and Caillou sees a really big truck. Then they ride on a ferry boat, and the captain lets Caillou blow the horn. Caillou decides that car trips are even more fun when you don't know where you're going!
* Caillou and the Dragon - There's a special visitor at Caillou's playschool - a boy named Alan who has Down's Syndrome. Caillou helps him with the things he has trouble with, like climbing and swinging on the swings. Then, when Caillou and his friends put on a little play Alan brings the house down as a very believable dragon. Caillou realizes that Alan has his own special talent - acting!
Caillou's Surprise (#316) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou's Surprise - When Caillou accidentally breaks Mommy's favourite cup, Grandma suggests they make her a new one. Caillou goes to Grandma's pottery class where he learns how to make a cup, paint it with glaze and fire it. He's a little impatient about waiting overnight for it to be ready, but the final result is worth the wait. And Mommy loves her new cup!
* A Surprise for Miss Martin - When Caillou finds out that Miss Martin's birthday is coming up, he wants to do something very special for her. He, Leo and Clementine decide to throw her a surprise birthday party. Mommy helps them make cupcakes, then shows them how to make flowers out of coloured paper. The party is a huge success - Miss Martin is very surprised, she loves her flowers, and the cupcakes are delicious!
* A Surprise Sleepover - Sarah is playing at Caillou's house when a sudden rainstorm causes a power outage. It's a little scary at first, but when the candles are lit the situation turns into a fun adventure. Sarah's mom says she can sleep over so they make a little tent and pretend they're camping.
Caillou The Helper (#317) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou the Patient - While pretending to be a jet pilot Caillou falls down and scrapes his knees. Even though it hurts, he likes the extra attention from Mommy and Rosie. He's not sure he can run anymore, until he looks out the window and sees Leo and Clementine heading to the park!
* Caillou the Police Officer - When the traffic lights near school stop working a policeman comes to direct traffic. Caillou loves watching him and learns from Miss Martin about lots of different ways that police officers help people. Caillou decides he wants to help people too, and finds a whistle for directing traffic. Unfortunately his friends aren't very willing to be directed, but he does get to put Leo the bank robber in jail under the slide. He even finds a way to help the police officer... by bringing him a cool drink when he's done his work.
* Grandpa's Friend - Grandpa takes Caillou to the park one find day to meet his friend George. George has lots of funny stories about Grandpa when he was young. Caillou learns to play croquet, and even convinces the elderly pair to play one of his games - hide and seek!
All Wet! (#438) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou learns about patience when he goes fishing with Daddy and Grandpa at the pier. But learning about patience is hard; can Caillou wait long enough to catch his own fish? When Caillou sees a flyer in the mail about a fun looking water park, he wants to go. But Mom says it's not a good day for it and Caillou is disappointed. That is until they come up with an idea to make their very own water park in the backyard! Grandma is watching Caillou for the day, and he wants her to play trucks with him. But Grandma has a better idea; why not help do the laundry? She makes such a great game of it, Caillou wants to play it again and again. Caillou learns about helping out, and that it can be fun too! Caillou gets an introduction to what it means to be handicapped, when, at the pool, he meets Tammy, a girl a few years older, who happens to be in a wheelchair. It's raining outside but there is no stopping Caillou! Since no one wants to join him, he goes outside to play in his new froggie boots, his rain coat and hat. He has a great time walking through water, playing in the wet sand box, and making mud soup.
Caillou's Christmas (#318) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou Goes Caroling - Caillou goes out caroling for the very first time with Mommy, Daddy, Rosie, Grandpa and Grandma. He finds out caroling is lots of fun - you get to stay up late and surprise your friends with carols, and you even get treats! They finish up the night with a big finale at the seniors' home and Caillou imagines he's really 'dashing through the snow' in a horse and sleigh.
* A Playschool Party - It's a very special day at playschool as they celebrate the many ways of celebrating the holiday season. The children bring various seasonal objects for show and tell - Caillou brings his Christmas stocking to show. After a potluck feast the children go outside and build a snow fort together.
* Caillou's Christmas Eve - It's finally Christmas Eve and Caillou just can't wait for nighttime. He's planning to stay up all night to see Santa, but when the time comes he finds this to be a lot harder than he thought it would be. Just as he's dozing off he faintly hears Santa calling out "Merry Christmas!" And in the morning his stocking is full of treats!
Springtime for Caillou (#319) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou's Valentines - It's Valentine's Day and Daddy surprises Mommy with a bouquet of roses at breakfast. Caillou is intrigued by the cupid on his card from Mommy. At playschool the children make valentines for all their friends. Caillou imagines he's cupid when he is delivering his cards to the appropriate mailboxes, but is upset to find he's lost his special card for his best friend Leo. Luckily, with Miss Martin's help he makes a new one and Leo really likes it! < br />* Hello Spring! - Caillou is very sad when his snowman melts away in the warm spring sunshine. He doesn't want winter to end. He helps Daddy clean up the yard and learns about composting. And during a walk in the park he is reminded of all the good things about spring - the birds returning, the warm weather, the fun things he can do outside. By the time they return home and Caillou finds the first crocuses of spring, he has decided that he's glad spring is here.
* Caillou's April Fool - Daddy plays an April Fool's trick on Mommy, setting all the clocks ahead one hour. They explain all about April Fool's Day to Caillou, who is determined to join in the fun. The hard part however, is thinking of a good trick to play. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, Caillou plays a couple of good tricks on Mommy and on Daddy too. April Fool!
Caillou Can Do It! (#320) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Sweet and Sour Day - Caillou is helping Grandma water her flowers and fill the birdbath. When they get thirsty and need a break from gardening, Grandma finds there's no juice to be found in the fridge. No matter, Grandma shows Caillou how to make fruit juice from scratch, and it tastes so good that Mommy asks for seconds.
* Caillou's Puppet Show - Caillou and his friends Jason and Jeffrey make finger puppets at playschool and decide to put on a puppet show for the rest of the class the next day. The next morning, however, Caillou is disappointed to find that he's caught the measles from Rosie and can't go to playschool. All is saved when the whole class comes to wish him well and the puppet show goes on as planned - through the living room window!
* Caillou's Collection - In the park Caillou starts a new hobby - collecting rocks! He finds out that Grandpa has a rock collection too, and they go to the quarry where Caillou watches a worker break up big stones into smaller ones. Caillou gets to pick out a rock for Grandpa that ends up in Grandpa's new rock garden. Which gives Caillou an idea for the perfect spot to put his own rocks.
Starry Night (#401) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Things that go bump in the night, and others that light up the sky, are on everyone's mind today. A family corn roast dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's under the star-studded sky prompts Grandpa to bring out his telescope and introduce Caillou to the constellations, planets, and moon. Grandpa discovers a new planetarium is opening and there's a prize for the best space costume. Caillou is thrilled when the winner turns out to be...a surprise! But fun turns to fear at bedtime when Caillou decides that a monster is lurking in his room. All's well when Mom and Dad unmask Caillou's monster as a tree branch on the window! Then, during a winter storm, the lights go out and Caillou is very afraid. Dad builds a fire in the fireplace and the family pretends they're camping. They even toast marshmallows!
Animals and Me! (#439) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Grandma takes Caillou on a special visit to a sheep farm. There, Mary, a 10-year-old girl, takes Caillou on a tour, teaching him about sheep, sheering, and the spinning of wool. When Mom, Rosie and Caillou go to the zoo, Caillou can't wait to see the elephants. They see a parrot, a monkey, a hippopotamus and finally the elephants! Caillou is in complete awe and comes to the realization that animals have families too. Caillou and Dad go over to Mr. Hinkle's house to help him build a dog house. Caillou soon meets Mr. Hinkle's guests, a Mommy dog with her two puppies. When Mom takes Caillou to Clementine's to see her new pet, she won't tell Caillou what kind of animal it is. Caillou soon discovers that Clementine's new pet is a goldfish named Goldie! When Caillou, Grandpa and Daddy go on a canoe trip, Caillou gets to see some wild animals in their natural habitat. When they get to the cabin, they gather wood for the campfire and Caillou learns how to roast marshmallows on the fire.
Lost and Found (#402) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
A day of new discoveries! Caillou loses his voice, finds a frog in his throat, and finds other neat ways to communicate, until the frog goes away. Later on, Caillou is missing one of his favorite socks. He searches the house, and accidentally locks himself in the basement. Daddy comes to the rescue - only he locks himself in the basement too. All is well when Mommy saves them both and finds the missing sock. Then, Caillou, Rosie and Julie, their babysitter, go on a scavenger hunt.
Just for Laughs (#403) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou's clowning around today and having a wonderful time. Seeing Bravo the magician at a friend's birthday party inspires Caillou to become Caillou the Great and put on a magic show of his own. He plays the clown for a wary Rosie, who's afraid of clowns until Caillou shows her they're just people wearing silly costumes. Then, Caillou gets to go to a parade; has another pretend parade with Dad; and even makes puppet clowns with Grandma. Caillou is very excited when the family takes a trip across country by train.
Caillou Helps Out (#404) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Everyone's lending a helping hand today. Caillou plans a surprise birthday party for Grandpa with Grandma's help. He and Grandma get everything ready, and Grandpa is very surprised and very happy. Caillou really likes to play with Leo's pet hamster and would love to have one of his own. He doesn't realize how much hard work having a hamster can be until he offers to look after Leo's pet while Leo and his parents are out of town. He soon realizes it's not all fun and games - especially with Gilbert around! Mom is upset when the mailman only brings bills, bills and more bills. Caillou and Dad decide to make a nice letter for her and they give it to the mailman to deliver. Mom is thrilled to get such a nice letter from Caillou. On another day, Caillou is really looking forward to a special day with Dad, but Dad gets a bad cold and has to stay home. Caillou is pretty disappointed at first, but then with some help from Mom, Dr. Caillou looks after patient Dad.
Imagine! (#405) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Today, Caillou discovers something inside him that makes ordinary things fun: imagination! Unable to fly his kite on a windless day, Caillou stares at the clouds and finds they're really wagons, balloons and dinosaurs, if you look at them just right. When rain grounds his kite another day, Caillou and Dad turn the living room into a pirate ship. Just like his Daddy, Caillou loves anything to do with cars, so he's very happy when Dad asks him to help wash the family car. And while he sits in the car, he imagines he's driving a car to the beach. It's also fun playing with his friend George, who no one can see but Caillou. Later, Caillou, Rosie and Julie the baby-sitter travel to all sorts of pretend far away places. Among them are the desert with its camel and oasis, the big mountain they climb and finally the river and waterfalls in the steamy tropical forest.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 17, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
Outdoor Adventures (#440) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
When Caillou, Grandpa and Daddy go on a canoe trip, Caillou is amazed to see a dragonfly, a blue heron, and a beaver working on his beaver lodge. While Caillou and his family are on a picnic at the park, his beach ball accidentally rolls into a pond. Caillou sees a family of ducks swimming in the pond and wants to take a closer look. Dad shows Caillou a neat trick to call the ducks. When a white rabbit eats a bunch of carrots set aside for a picnic lunch, Caillou and Rosie go looking for him. They soon discover that it isn't a wild rabbit, his name is Snowball and he belongs to Mr. Hinkle's sister. On another day, Caillou and his family are leaving for a picnic in the country but the ride feels very long for Caillou. When they stop at a gas station, Caillou spots some cows in a field next to a picnic area. The family decides to have the picnic there, where they have a close encounter with some cows. Caillou learns about patience when he goes fishing with Daddy and Grandpa at the pier. But learning about patience is hard, can Caillou wait long enough to catch his own fish?
- KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 18, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
Words (#406) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Writing and reading are the focus today. Caillou is all excited to read the weekend paper with Daddy, but the wind and a very mischievous cat delay his reading time. With a little patience and persistence, Caillou finally gets to enjoy his favorite comic strip. Later, when Mommy is upset because the mailman only brings bills, bills, and more bills, she tells Caillou that it would be great to get a nice letter for a change. Caillou and Daddy decide to write Mommy a really nice letter, and the next morning they give it to the mail carrier to deliver. Mommy is thrilled! On another day, Sarah invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 21, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
I Can Do It! (#407) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou's learning to do new things, and discovering it's okay to have help while he learns. To prove he's ready to help Dad paint the porch, Caillou paints Rosie's dollhouse first - and Gilbert, with paint-dipped paws, does some painting too! Caillou moves from renovation to recreation when Dad and Sarah teach him to play baseball; Dad teaches him to swim; and Clementine goads him into going down the big kids' slide. Mom shows Caillou how to tie his shoes but he get frustrated and stops trying. With courage and practice, he's soon able to do these things on his own.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 22, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
My Family (#408) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Today Caillou learns that being a part of a family is something very special. Dad lends Caillou his old camera and helps him take pictures of every member of their family - including Gilbert. Looking at the photo album, the family remembers when Gilbert was a kitten and first came to live with them. When Mommy and Rosie go out for the day, Daddy and Caillou have plans of their own. They are building a surprise for Mommy that requires a lot of father-and-son work. When Caillou and his family go to the zoo, Caillou is thrilled to see that animals have families too. Also, Caillou and his family go away for a weekend of camping in the woods.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 23, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
Winter! (#409) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Wintertime brings lots of new experiences. Sarah teaches Caillou to build a snowman, Dad helps him stay upright on his ice skates (and picks him up when he falls down), and Mom shows Caillou the fine points of downhill skiing, including how not to be afraid of the ski lift. When Caillou and Dad get to the vendor too late to buy a good Christmas tree, they decorate one in the yard instead. All the beautiful colored lights chase away the winter gloom. Also, Caillou learns about the Chinese New Year. He even tries some Chinese delicacies, but most exciting of all, he gets to see the famous dragon dance!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 24, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
All Around The Block! (#441) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
When Mr. Hinkle has a tree cut down, Caillou is afraid his swing tree is next! Dad decides to plant a new tree so it's a trip to the Nursery. Caillou learns about the differences between trees with needles and leaves. When Sarah gives Caillou an old toy horn, Caillou wants to blow it everywhere. But he quickly learns, not everyone wants to hear it all the time. But then, Dad brings Caillou to the park where he uses the horn to signal Sarah from afar. There is a time and place for everything! When Caillou dresses up like a mailman to deliver Mr. Hinkle's misdirected mail, he finds out Mr. Hinkle is sick. With help from Mom, Caillou makes up a get-well card and a big pot of chicken soup! When the park is closed for the day, Caillou's friends come over to his house to play. But when no one will share the sandbox toys, or the swing, Caillou wishes everyone would just go home. That is until Mom proposes a game everyone can play! When Leo forgets his brand new toy dinosaur in the park, Daddy and Caillou go looking for it, with no success. So Caillou, with Mommy's help, puts up a Lost and Found Poster, and then, finds 'Dino' at the Park Office Lost and Found!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 25, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
After Dark! (#410) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Things get a little scary today. Caillou and his new neighbours, Jason and Jeffery, are playing hide and go seek in the backyard, until dusk brings out the shadows. A flashlight and Mommy help chase the shadows away. That evening, Caillou can't fall asleep when he hears scary "scratchy monster" noises and thinks there's a monster in his room. Daddy shows him that a tree branch brushing against the window is making the noises and the only monster in Caillou's room is Gilbert. Later, a bad dream about a scary monster leads to a restless night for Caillou. Mommy and Daddy help him learn to fall asleep safely in his own bed. And, finally, when Caillou sleeps over at Leo's house for the first time, he has fun until it's time to go to sleep. A phone call to Mommy reminds Caillou that Teddy was looking forward to spending the night. Together they rest easily.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 28, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
Nature (#411) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Today Caillou discovers the wonders of the natural world. Grandma introduces Caillou to the many birds that live in the park, and then gives him a bird house for his own backyard. That's why Caillou's prepared when he and Sarah find a baby bird that's fallen from its nest, and they nurse it back to health. Later, Caillou and his daycare buddies have a treasure hunt in the forest. With Sarah and a magnifying glass, Caillou pretends to be a jungle explorer, hunting "big game" in the garden. On another day, Caillou and his family go away for a weekend of camping in the woods. He climbs a mountain with Daddy and really, really hopes he will get to see a moose before it is time to go home.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 29, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
Knowing I'm Growing (#412) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou is getting bigger! Caillou's feet are growing, so Mommy takes him to the shoe store where the salesman measures his feet, and Caillou gets a new pair of shoes. But he's not as big as Andre, who can ride a big bike, or Sarah, who is losing a tooth and waiting for the Tooth Fairy. Caillou is reassured he's growing when the growth chart shows how tall he has become. And, Caillou is too big for his favorite shirt, so he gives it to his favorite teddy bear to wear. On another day, Sarah invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 30, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me