Based on best-selling Canadian children's books, this series demonstrates how the first experiences of life, from going to the park to understanding one's own family, can be perceived with wonder and a sense of discovery.
Caillou The Snowman (#306) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Snowflakes - Caillou eagerly awaits the first snowfall of winter, and imagines himself building the biggest snowman in the world. When the snowflakes finally start to fall he rushes outside to play. He and Sarah take a close look at some snowflakes, and then go inside to make their own snowflakes out of paper.
* Caillou Shoots! He Scores! - Caillou wants to play hockey with Billy and the other big kids. He goes with Daddy to the store to get the equipment he needs, but he finds he just can't keep up with the big kids. After Daddy gives Caillou his old hockey sweater - which is way too big for Caillou - he tells him that if he keeps practicing he'll be really good by the time he grows into the sweater. Caillou goes to Leo's house to practice his hockey skills and dream about the future.
* Caillou Goes Tobogganing - Mommy can't find Caillou's toboggan for the playschool tobogganing trip and Caillou is certain he'll miss out on all the fun. Miss Martin tells him that a cardboard box slides just as well as a toboggan on snow, so he decorates a box to look just like a bobsled. Once they get to the hill his bobsled box works just as well as all the other kids' toboggans and he has a grand time after all.
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 25, 2014 -- 6:00am
- KQED Plus: Tue, Dec 30, 2014 -- 1:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 2, 2015 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED 9: Tue, Jan 6, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 9, 2015 -- 1:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Sun, Jan 11, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 14, 2015 -- 8:30am email reminder
Big Time Caillou (#505H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Big Kid Caillou: Caillou's older friend Andre is coming over to play, but Caillou is a little worried that his toys are too 'little kid-ish". He quickly hides his toys, filling his room with big-boy stuff (like car magazines and grown-up games)...only to find out Andre isn't quite ready for big-boy stuff either. Educational Objective: The importance of not hiding who you really are. Caillou's Glasses: When Mommy gets a new pair of specs, Caillou wants glasses too. He pretends he has bad vision, tries to make a pair out of pipe cleaner, and even borrows an old pair of Mommy's glasses (minus the lenses). When Caillou tapes 'pretend lenses' to the frames - and can't see where he's going around the house - he finally realizes the importance of having good vision. Educational Objective: The importance of good vision - with or without glasses. Caillou's Dance Party: Miss Martin is throwing a dance party. Caillou is excited, only...he doesn't know how to dance! Caillou elicits advice from various family members, and feels more confused than ever when they each show him a different way to dance. When Caillou sees Miss Martin dancing any ol' (silly) way she wants, Caillou realizes it's more important to have fun than to worry about dance steps and styles. Educational Objective: There's more than one way to do things - like dancing!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Dec 25, 2014 -- 8:30am
Caillou's Play Time (#523H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Daddy's Puzzles: It's a rainy day and Caillou doesn't know what to do. ..until Daddy discovers some old puzzles! Caillou and Daddy enjoy putting a pirate puzzle together...until they realize there's a piece missing. Seeing how disappointed Caillou is at the thought of not being able to finish the puzzle, Daddy comes up with another activity - they'll go on a pirate treasure hunt for the missing piece! Educational Objective: The importance of making the best out of a frustrating situation. Play With Me!: Caillou has no one to play with! Mommy, Daddy, and Rosie are all busy, and Caillou is bored and frustrated...until he meets a ladybug who inadvertently shows Caillou that his family members aren't the only ones who are busy - so are the birds and squirrels and ants. Caillou comes to realize that everyone is busy sometimes - even animals and insects - and he decides to get busy too. ..drawing his new friends. Educational Objective: The importance of being able to entertain oneself. Caillou's Bad Luck: Caillou is having a bad day - he spilled his juice and broke a toy, and he's worried his bad luck won't go away when he reads a poem at preschool the next day. When Mrs. Howard suggests that Caillou change his luck with a "lucky charm", Caillou goes on a search for lucky pennies and four leaf clovers...only to realize it isn't luck he needs - it's confidence and practice. Educational Objective: Making your own luck; practice makes perfect.
Team Player Caillou (#525H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou Conducts: The preschool has a visitor - Liz, a musician. She shows the kids all sorts of instruments and Caillou is excited when he's chosen to be the orchestra's 'conductor'. In fact, he's so excited, he can't stop conducting those around him - at preschool and even at home! When Caillou refuses to share his conductor's baton he soon learns how easy it is to hurt other's feelings - and how it feels better to give others a turn. Educational Objective: The importance of giving others a turn; sharing. Captain Caillou: Captain Caillou and Fantastic Leo are enjoying 'flying' around the house, pretending to be superheroes. Only, they can't seem to share the task of saving the world! Each wants to be the big hero in charge of their important 'rescue'. When Daddy asks them to lend a hand in weeding out the wild weed ogres, Caillou and Leo come to realize things would go a lot smoother if they worked together. Educational Objective: Cooperating; working as a team. Caillou Roars: After watching a nature show about lions, Caillou decides he wants to be a lion! He roars and paws his way around the house, causing Mommy and Daddy to remind him that there's a time and place for everything. Caillou realizes the downside of being a lion when his 'roars' scare a baby in the park. He decides there really is a time and place for everything - and sometimes, he just needs to be a boy. Educational Objective: Pretending is fun, but there's a time and place for everything.
Caillou in the Garden (#521H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Blueberry Point: It's Grandpa's birthday! In an effort to keep Grandpa away from the house (for a surprise party), Caillou takes Grandpa for a walk on Blueberry Point. Caillou wants to surprise his grandfather with a basket of blueberries as a gift...and he's disappointed when he only finds a handful of berries. Grandpa insists spending time together is the best gift Caillou could give him...and he's plenty surprised when they arrive back at the house to find it's full of family and friends. Educational Objective: Realizing time spent together is the best gift. Class Pet: Caillou is very excited to look after Hamish, the class hamster, for the weekend. He's soooo excited, he ignores his own pet, Gilbert. When Gilbert disappears, Caillou realizes he's been unfair to his cat and sets out to make things right again. Educational Objective: The importance of sharing time with others; not playing favourites. In the Garden: Caillou wants to surprise Daddy with a weed-free garden for his birthday, but soon finds there's one major challenge - Rosie! While Caillou wants to pull the weeds, Rosie wants to pull the flowers. Caillou tries to keep Rosie busy and out of the flower beds, but nothing seems to work, until...he realizes Rosie can pull the dandelions! Not only does Rosie help with the weeding, but she also puts together a lovely dandelion bouquet for Daddy. Educational Objective: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; problem solving.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Dec 26, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
Caillou's Favorite Things (#524H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Kitty Conundrum: Caillou finds a tiny kitten while desperately searching for his beloved Rexy. He wants to keep the kitten, even though Mommy and Daddy say 'no' - they have Gilbert! When Samantha comes to the door to claim her lost kitten, "Whiskers", Caillou fetches the kitty...and finds Rexy! He remembers it isn't fun losing something you care about, and happily returns the kitty to its rightful owner. Educational Objective: Returning a lost pet to a rightful owner; perspective taking. Caillou's Favourite Sweater: Grandma has knit Caillou a wonderful sweater. He loves it and wears it every day - even after it gets dirty! Finally, on a hot day, Caillou decides to take it off. When he accidentally leaves the sweater in the playground and goes home for the day, he worries something terrible has happened to it. Grandma will be so upset with him! When Mommy and Caillou return the next day to find the sweater is fine, Caillou vows to never wear it again. He decides to keep it in his drawer, nice and safe - until Grandma explains it's okay to wear the sweater - it's meant to be worn - just not everyday. Educational Objective: All things in moderation; taking care of one's possessions. Caillou's Big Dig: Caillou is feeling frustrated while trying to build a model truck. He decides he wants to quit! Daddy suggests Caillou take a break and join him on an errand. Together, they stop by Eric's dig site, where Caillou learns a little bit about archaeology - and he learns that some things take time and effort, but the effort is worth it in the end. Caillou returns home to finish his model, and is proud that he did. Educational Objective: Good things are worth working for.
Surprise Caillou! (#526H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou The Brave (#522H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou's Camel Ride: Caillou is afraid to go on a camel ride after Leo tells him camels are mean and they like to spit! At the zoo, Caillou tries everything he can think of to avoid the camels. When Mommy and Daddy finally catch on to Caillou's hesitation, they insist he doesn't have to ride a camel, but should at least see a real camel and decide for himself. As Caillou learns about the camel from its trainer, he feels better and finally decides to take that camel ride. Educational Objective: Having the correct information can reduce and even conquer fears. It's Not Too Big For Me!: Caillou is keen to go sledding on the "Big Hill" until he stands at the top of the hill and realizes it really IS BIG. Daddy senses Caillou is afraid to admit he's not ready for the big hill and gives Caillou an out by saying Rosie needs someone to play with on the little hill. Later, when Andre decides to sled down the big hill, but he too is afraid, Caillou helps his friend by asking Andre to sled on the little hill with him. Educational Objective: Recognizing limits and realizing it's okay to be afraid. Caillou's Flying Saucer: Caillou thinks he's seen a flying saucer in his yard just like the one in his comic books and is determined to prove it to his friends! Trying to catch a flying saucer is much harder than he thought and Caillou is disappointed when he eventually discovers it is only a tin plate blowing around in the wind. Now what will he tell his friends? Caillou feels better when he realizes he solved the mystery, regardless of what the flying saucer turned out to be. Educational Objective: Not jumping to conclusions; looking for evidence to prove or disprove a theory.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Dec 29, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
Caillou's Christmas (#318) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou Goes Caroling - Caillou goes out caroling for the very first time with Mommy, Daddy, Rosie, Grandpa and Grandma. He finds out caroling is lots of fun - you get to stay up late and surprise your friends with carols, and you even get treats! They finish up the night with a big finale at the seniors' home and Caillou imagines he's really 'dashing through the snow' in a horse and sleigh.
* A Playschool Party - It's a very special day at playschool as they celebrate the many ways of celebrating the holiday season. The children bring various seasonal objects for show and tell - Caillou brings his Christmas stocking to show. After a potluck feast the children go outside and build a snow fort together.
* Caillou's Christmas Eve - It's finally Christmas Eve and Caillou just can't wait for nighttime. He's planning to stay up all night to see Santa, but when the time comes he finds this to be a lot harder than he thought it would be. Just as he's dozing off he faintly hears Santa calling out "Merry Christmas!" And in the morning his stocking is full of treats!
Caillou Shows Responsibility (#520H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Borrowed Book: Miss Martin agrees to loan Caillou a preschool book, as long as he promises to take good care of it. Caillou agrees, but when he returns home he soon realizes the book is gone. Oh no! He lost it! Feeling badly, Caillou goes to great lengths to recreate the book - only to find out he left it in the preschool's playground. Educational Objective: Owning up to ones mistakes; responsibility. Fixing Mr. Bones: When Leo accidentally breaks Mr. Bones (Miss Martin's model skeleton) he hides the evidence and tries to get Caillou to help him put Mr. Bones back together - with disastrous results. Admitting their mistake enables Daddy to help the boys put Mr. Bones back together properly - only to learn Mr. Bones is supposed to come apart! Educational Objective: Admitting mistakes. Cailloodles: Jeffrey and Jason are having fun making up silly names for their classmates. But they don't realize they're hurting others' feelings. Caillou isn't sure what to do - until a chat with Daddy inspires him to speak up and tell Jeffrey and Jason how he feels. When the twins realize their jokes aren't funny to everyone, they decide to stick to calling each other names. Educational Objective: The importance of speaking up; the negative impact of name-calling.
Caillou The Detective (#301) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Where's Gilbert? - Gilbert has gone missing and Caillou is very concerned. A search of the neighbourhood and the local animal shelter turns up nothing. Caillou thinks about what it would be like to have other kinds of pets, but concludes that Gilbert is the perfect pet and he wants him back! Luckily when they return home Gilbert is waiting for them on the porch. Where I Saw it Last - After a day in the park and a visit to an ice cream parlour with Jeffrey and Jason, Caillou realizes that he has misplaced his new toy car. Mom encourages him to remember where he saw it last. The last place Caillou remembers having it is in the ice cream parlour. When they return Caillou is happy to find that the waitress has his missing car! Lost in the Jungle - Caillou learns all about the jungle at playschool, and decides it would be an exciting place for a game of hide and seek. The other children join in - Leo hides, and the others pretend to be birds, snakes, monkeys and even a lion. Caillou follows the clues until he finally finds Leo, and the brave explorer is happy to see his friend.
All in a Day (#417) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou does a lot in a day, and today he wants to dress himself, only his Mommy is doing the laundry and he doesn't have any clean clothes, so Daddy and Caillou decide to play a dressing game with Daddy's old clothes. While preparing a picnic lunch with Mom, Caillou tests a bit too much of everything. He has no room left to eat the special sandwich Clementine made for him. His appetite comes back while watching squirrels storing food in their houses for the winter. Later that day, it's bath time, only Caillou doesn't like to take baths. Daddy turns bath time into playtime with a motorboat and a big bottle of bubble bath. And, when the car breaks down Caillou, Rosie and Dad have to pull over. Caillou comforts Rosie who becomes afraid when smoke comes out of the engine. Caillou is overjoyed when the tow truck arrives. Everyone rides to the garage and Caillou is in charge of holding Rosie's hand and explaining all the scary sounds.
Caillou The Sports Star (#302) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Everyone's Best - When Clementine shows up with a swimming ribbon on her chest, Caillou really wants to have one too. Grandma comes up with some very silly games with ribbons for prizes. Winning isn't that easy, Caillou soon finds out, but he imagines he's an Olympic Athlete and has a lot fun trying his best. He finally does win a ribbon in the straight face contest! Stronger Every Day - When a new, longer set of monkey bars is installed at the park, Caillou is disappointed that he can't climb as far as Leo. He asks his Daddy how he can get bigger and stronger and finds out that eating right, exercising and getting lots of sleep is the best way. Later, when Clementine and Billy join them Caillou finds he can lift up Billy's bike. He couldn't do that last year! Caillou realizes he's getting stronger every day! No More Training Wheels - With training wheels on his bike, Caillou is having trouble keeping up with Sarah. After imagining himself riding in a real grownup bike race Caillou decides he's ready to try riding without his training wheels. It proves to be harder than he thought, however, and he quits in frustration. Daddy explains it's okay to wait until he's really ready. He goes back to his training wheels and the next day Sarah shows up on her new roller blades - now she's travelling at his speed.
Caillou The Builder (#303) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou the Road Builder - There's been a big storm and the playschool yard is littered with branches and other debris. The children all pitch in to help clean up the playground . When Caillou and his friends, Leo and Clementine, finish their cleanup duties they decide to build a road through the sandlot. Using simple tools and their imaginations they lay out a road, build a bridge, dig a tunnel, and even plant a tree fashioned from a leafy twig. Caillou's Building Adventure - When Daddy and Grandpa help a charity build a new home for a needy family, Caillou comes along to help hand out sandwiches. He gets to watch the grownups at work, and imagines himself as a construction worker. He also meets a new friend, Frankie, who shows Caillou where his new bedroom will be. House in the Sky - Mommy and Caillou go to visit an old friend of Mom's and her four-year-old son Kevin. Caillou is surprised to find that Kevin lives in a house in the sky - in an apartment building! He's never been in one before and finds it to be quite an adventure. He likes riding the elevator, and how the view of the city below is just like looking down on the ants in his backyard.
Starry Night (#401) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Things that go bump in the night, and others that light up the sky, are on everyone's mind today. A family corn roast dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's under the star-studded sky prompts Grandpa to bring out his telescope and introduce Caillou to the constellations, planets, and moon. Grandpa discovers a new planetarium is opening and there's a prize for the best space costume. Caillou is thrilled when the winner turns out to be...a surprise! But fun turns to fear at bedtime when Caillou decides that a monster is lurking in his room. All's well when Mom and Dad unmask Caillou's monster as a tree branch on the window! Then, during a winter storm, the lights go out and Caillou is very afraid. Dad builds a fire in the fireplace and the family pretends they're camping. They even toast marshmallows!
Caillou to the Rescue (#304) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou Helps Out - Rosie is teething and just can't seem to fall asleep, so big brother Caillou decides to help. He sings her a song and finds her favourite bunny, but it isn't until he tells her a very imaginative bedtime story that she finally drifts off into the land of dreams. Caillou the Firefighter - The Fire chief visits Caillou's playschool to teach the children about fire drills. When Caillou is lifted up for a turn sitting in the big fire truck he imagines he is a firefighter himself hurrying though town to save the day. At the end of his turn Caillou announces he will be a firefighter when he grows up! The Fire Chief says he'd be glad to have Caillou on the team. Caillou to the Rescue - After a mischievous Rosie hides Caillou's cars between the cushions on the sofa, Leo and Caillou have a grand adventure pretending that they are tow truck drivers and crane operators rescuing the cars from their hiding places.
Caillou The Brave (#305) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou and the Big Slide - The playschool is going swimming, and it's Caillou's very first time on a water slide, but he's a little nervous and doesn't want to slide down it. Miss Martin tells him it's natural to be afraid of things the first time you try them - why, she was afraid of the swings when she was a little girl. Caillou musters up his courage and, pretending he's a brave mountain climber, he climbs up the ladder and slides down, discovering how fun water slides really are! Caillou the Sailor - Mommy and Daddy are going out to a party and Caillou is excited to hear that Grandpa is coming to babysit. When Grandpa arrives he brings a couple of surprises - a book about sailing ships and a real telescope. Caillou learns all about the old ships and how to salute when you say 'Aye aye Captain!' When a thunderstorm starts to rage outside Caillou is a little scared, until he pretends he's a very brave sea captain who's not afraid of storms! Creepy Crawlies! - Rosie doesn't like bugs - she thinks they're icky! Caillou on the other hand loves bugs since he learned all about them at playschool. He decides to teach his little sister about all the different kinds of insects in their backyard. Thanks to Caillou's stories and drawings, Rosie soon likes bugs too, almost as much as Caillou does.
Caillou The Musician (#307) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou Plays the Drums - Clementine's big brother Billy has a new drum set and is having lots of fun playing as loud as he can. He won't let Clementine and Caillou play his drums though, because he says they're not grown up enough. The two friends set out to prove him wrong, and once they put on their 'grownup costumes' he finally relents and lets them play. Caillou pretends he's a rock and roll drummer playing a big drum solo! Caillou's Marching Band - Caillou and his friends are very excited when a real marching band goes by the playschool. They decide they want to be in a marching band too. The kids find some makeshift instruments in the classroom, and Emma makes them matching band hats. After a shaky start, Caillou leads the others by beating on his drum and they march around the schoolyard like a real marching band. Caillou Sings - The playschool is having a talent show and Caillou wants to sing a song, but Clementine beats him to the punch, picking the exact song he wanted to sing. When it turns out she's having trouble remembering all the words, Caillou suggests they work together and the resulting song-and-dance routine is the hit of the show!
Caillou The Scientist (#310) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench. Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend. Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together.
Caillou The Magnificent (#308) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Show and Tell - Caillou has to decide on a nice surprise to bring to playschool for Show and Tell. The only problem is, he can't decide between his toy dinosaur Rexy, his kite, or his toy firetruck. However, when Rosie proves to be the best at surprising everyone, Caillou decides to bring his little sister for Show and Tell. Caillou the Magician - Grandma shows Caillou a simple magic trick, which makes him decide to be a magician. After finding a suitable costume, he practices a new trick - making Rosie disappear! When the time comes to show Mommy and Daddy their trick, Caillou finds that making Rosie reappear might be a challenge, especially when Gilbert gets in the way! Caillou's Castle - Caillou wants to play castles and dragons, even though Gilbert isn't very keen on playing the dragon. Mommy asks him to share and play nicely with his sister, so Caillou and Rosie build their very own castle out of empty cardboard boxes. When Gilbert doesn't want to be the dragon, Mommy and Daddy volunteer for the part and everyone has lots of fun playing make believe.
Caillou The Explorer (#309) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou of the Antarctic - Caillou is playing with Jeffrey and Jason when he gets accidentally pushed down. He is a little upset about it until he realizes it was an accident. Since it's so hot out Daddy treats them to ice cream and Caillou imagines he's down at the cool cool south pole playing with the penguins! Deep Sea Caillou - There's a new girl named Lee Wun in playschool, but she's so shy she won't talk to anybody. Miss Martin brings in a fish tank to show the class. After imagining he's a tiny deep sea diver swimming in the fishtank, Caillou discovers that Lee Wun knows a lot about fish! Encouraged to tell the others what she knows, Lee Wun is able to start making new friends. Caillou in the Bayou - The whole family is on the way to the beach but accidentally end up on a trail through a swamp. Caillou is disappointed, he doesn't think a swamp could be very interesting, until he takes a closer look at the creatures who live there. He imagines he's in the Bayou searching for alligators.
Caillou The Bookworm (#311) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou the Librarian - Caillou is excited about showing Rosie the ropes when they visit the library. During storytime Caillou imagines he's in the story, riding on a dolphin. Later he and Rosie argue over a book and accidentally tear it. He doesn't want to tell the librarian, but finally musters up the courage to do so. The librarian turns out to be very nice and he helps her fix the book. And Rosie gets her very own library card! Caillou the Bookworm - Returning home from the library Caillou is very eager to sit down and enjoy his pirate book. Unfortunately it's a very busy day and he's having trouble finding a quiet place to look at his book. Caillou finally finds the perfect place - in his closet! By the light of his flashlight he finally gets to enjoy his book and pretends he's the pirate in the story digging up a buried treasure. Caillou the Storyteller - It's a rainy day at playschool and the children can't go outside. Caillou makes up a funny story about a superhero who makes the rain stop - it's Super Caillou! He tells the story to Jeffrey and Jason, and Miss Martin suggests he make his own storybook. She writes the story down and Caillou draws the pictures. By the time Mommy comes to pick him up, Caillou has his very own book to show her!
Captain Caillou (#313) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Captain Caillou - Grandpa's got a surprise for Caillou on their trip to the park - it's a remote control sailboat! Caillou is eager to race against the other boats on the pond. He imagines himself as Captain of the fastest sailboat ever. In his eagerness to win however, Caillou goes a little too fast and the boat capsizes. Caillou is sorry he didn't win the race, but he still had lots of fun and is eager to try again next week.
* The Loudest Noise - Mommy sends Caillou to play outside because he's making too much noise and it's Rosie's nap time. Caillou notices all the loud sounds outside, especially Daddy's lawnmower, and the recycling truck. Daddy says he knows a sound that's even louder than those sounds, and takes Caillou to a road near the airport. Daddy was right - the planes taking off overhead are really, really, really loud! Caillou imagines he's a pilot of one of those planes.
* Caillou's First Wedding - Daddy and Mommy's friend Jonas is getting married. The kids are very excited about the ceremony - Caillou is the ringbearer and Rosie is the flowergirl. Caillou is also looking forward to seeing Jonas' horse Lucky again. Caillou learns to say 'Excuse me' when he wants to get by someone, and it comes in handy when he drops the rings amongst the guests!
Caillou The Artiste (#312) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Present for Mommy - Mommy's having a bad day - first she can't find her car keys, then she and Caillou have to shovel the car out, and then the car won't start! At playschool Caillou decides to make her a present to cheer her up. His first two attempts don't turn out but he perseveres and makes her a picture of a sun - to melt all the snow!
* Caillou the Chef - Jeffrey and Jason are coming over for dinner - it's a make-your-own pizza party! Caillou feels he is an expert at this and starts to show them how to do it. When the twins both opt for less-than-traditional ingredients Caillou is upset that they're doing it all wrong. In the end, however, their pizzas turn out just fine and Caillou learns that everyone has their own unique way of doing things.
* Caillou the Painter - Caillou's got a brand new painting shirt and decides to paint something for Grandma. He has a little trouble deciding what to paint. He wants to use all his colours and paint all his favourite shapes. Mommy tells him that paintings don't have to be about something and he proceeds to make his own abstract painting! Meanwhile Rosie and Daddy are pressing a flower for Grandma. When Grandma arrives she is thrilled with her very artistic gifts.
Caillou's Surprise (#316) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou's Surprise - When Caillou accidentally breaks Mommy's favourite cup, Grandma suggests they make her a new one. Caillou goes to Grandma's pottery class where he learns how to make a cup, paint it with glaze and fire it. He's a little impatient about waiting overnight for it to be ready, but the final result is worth the wait. And Mommy loves her new cup!
* A Surprise for Miss Martin - When Caillou finds out that Miss Martin's birthday is coming up, he wants to do something very special for her. He, Leo and Clementine decide to throw her a surprise birthday party. Mommy helps them make cupcakes, then shows them how to make flowers out of coloured paper. The party is a huge success - Miss Martin is very surprised, she loves her flowers, and the cupcakes are delicious!
* A Surprise Sleepover - Sarah is playing at Caillou's house when a sudden rainstorm causes a power outage. It's a little scary at first, but when the candles are lit the situation turns into a fun adventure. Sarah's mom says she can sleep over so they make a little tent and pretend they're camping.
Caillou The Helper (#317) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou the Patient - While pretending to be a jet pilot Caillou falls down and scrapes his knees. Even though it hurts, he likes the extra attention from Mommy and Rosie. He's not sure he can run anymore, until he looks out the window and sees Leo and Clementine heading to the park!
* Caillou the Police Officer - When the traffic lights near school stop working a policeman comes to direct traffic. Caillou loves watching him and learns from Miss Martin about lots of different ways that police officers help people. Caillou decides he wants to help people too, and finds a whistle for directing traffic. Unfortunately his friends aren't very willing to be directed, but he does get to put Leo the bank robber in jail under the slide. He even finds a way to help the police officer... by bringing him a cool drink when he's done his work.
* Grandpa's Friend - Grandpa takes Caillou to the park one find day to meet his friend George. George has lots of funny stories about Grandpa when he was young. Caillou learns to play croquet, and even convinces the elderly pair to play one of his games - hide and seek!
Caillou Can Do It! (#320) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Sweet and Sour Day - Caillou is helping Grandma water her flowers and fill the birdbath. When they get thirsty and need a break from gardening, Grandma finds there's no juice to be found in the fridge. No matter, Grandma shows Caillou how to make fruit juice from scratch, and it tastes so good that Mommy asks for seconds.
* Caillou's Puppet Show - Caillou and his friends Jason and Jeffrey make finger puppets at playschool and decide to put on a puppet show for the rest of the class the next day. The next morning, however, Caillou is disappointed to find that he's caught the measles from Rosie and can't go to playschool. All is saved when the whole class comes to wish him well and the puppet show goes on as planned - through the living room window!
* Caillou's Collection - In the park Caillou starts a new hobby - collecting rocks! He finds out that Grandpa has a rock collection too, and they go to the quarry where Caillou watches a worker break up big stones into smaller ones. Caillou gets to pick out a rock for Grandpa that ends up in Grandpa's new rock garden. Which gives Caillou an idea for the perfect spot to put his own rocks.
Lost and Found (#402) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
A day of new discoveries! Caillou loses his voice, finds a frog in his throat, and finds other neat ways to communicate, until the frog goes away. Later on, Caillou is missing one of his favorite socks. He searches the house, and accidentally locks himself in the basement. Daddy comes to the rescue - only he locks himself in the basement too. All is well when Mommy saves them both and finds the missing sock. Then, Caillou, Rosie and Julie, their babysitter, go on a scavenger hunt.
Just for Laughs (#403) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou's clowning around today and having a wonderful time. Seeing Bravo the magician at a friend's birthday party inspires Caillou to become Caillou the Great and put on a magic show of his own. He plays the clown for a wary Rosie, who's afraid of clowns until Caillou shows her they're just people wearing silly costumes. Then, Caillou gets to go to a parade; has another pretend parade with Dad; and even makes puppet clowns with Grandma. Caillou is very excited when the family takes a trip across country by train.
Imagine! (#405) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Today, Caillou discovers something inside him that makes ordinary things fun: imagination! Unable to fly his kite on a windless day, Caillou stares at the clouds and finds they're really wagons, balloons and dinosaurs, if you look at them just right. When rain grounds his kite another day, Caillou and Dad turn the living room into a pirate ship. Just like his Daddy, Caillou loves anything to do with cars, so he's very happy when Dad asks him to help wash the family car. And while he sits in the car, he imagines he's driving a car to the beach. It's also fun playing with his friend George, who no one can see but Caillou. Later, Caillou, Rosie and Julie the baby-sitter travel to all sorts of pretend far away places. Among them are the desert with its camel and oasis, the big mountain they climb and finally the river and waterfalls in the steamy tropical forest.
- KQED 9: Wed, Jan 28, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Winter! (#409) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Wintertime brings lots of new experiences. Sarah teaches Caillou to build a snowman, Dad helps him stay upright on his ice skates (and picks him up when he falls down), and Mom shows Caillou the fine points of downhill skiing, including how not to be afraid of the ski lift. When Caillou and Dad get to the vendor too late to buy a good Christmas tree, they decorate one in the yard instead. All the beautiful colored lights chase away the winter gloom. Also, Caillou learns about the Chinese New Year. He even tries some Chinese delicacies, but most exciting of all, he gets to see the famous dragon dance!
- KQED 9: Thu, Jan 29, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Words (#406) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Writing and reading are the focus today. Caillou is all excited to read the weekend paper with Daddy, but the wind and a very mischievous cat delay his reading time. With a little patience and persistence, Caillou finally gets to enjoy his favorite comic strip. Later, when Mommy is upset because the mailman only brings bills, bills, and more bills, she tells Caillou that it would be great to get a nice letter for a change. Caillou and Daddy decide to write Mommy a really nice letter, and the next morning they give it to the mail carrier to deliver. Mommy is thrilled! On another day, Sarah invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun.
- KQED 9: Fri, Jan 30, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder