Based on best-selling Canadian children's books, this series demonstrates how the first experiences of life, from going to the park to understanding one's own family, can be perceived with wonder and a sense of discovery.
All Wet! (#438) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou learns about patience when he goes fishing with Daddy and Grandpa at the pier. But learning about patience is hard; can Caillou wait long enough to catch his own fish? When Caillou sees a flyer in the mail about a fun looking water park, he wants to go. But Mom says it's not a good day for it and Caillou is disappointed. That is until they come up with an idea to make their very own water park in the backyard! Grandma is watching Caillou for the day, and he wants her to play trucks with him. But Grandma has a better idea; why not help do the laundry? She makes such a great game of it, Caillou wants to play it again and again. Caillou learns about helping out, and that it can be fun too! Caillou gets an introduction to what it means to be handicapped, when, at the pool, he meets Tammy, a girl a few years older, who happens to be in a wheelchair. It's raining outside but there is no stopping Caillou! Since no one wants to join him, he goes outside to play in his new froggie boots, his rain coat and hat. He has a great time walking through water, playing in the wet sand box, and making mud soup.
- KQED 9: Tue, Mar 11, 2014 -- 7:30am
Caillou The Musician (#307) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou Plays the Drums - Clementine's big brother Billy has a new drum set and is having lots of fun playing as loud as he can. He won't let Clementine and Caillou play his drums though, because he says they're not grown up enough. The two friends set out to prove him wrong, and once they put on their 'grownup costumes' he finally relents and lets them play. Caillou pretends he's a rock and roll drummer playing a big drum solo!
* Caillou's Marching Band - Caillou and his friends are very excited when a real marching band goes by the playschool. They decide they want to be in a marching band too. The kids find some makeshift instruments in the classroom, and Emma makes them matching band hats. After a shaky start, Caillou leads the others by beating on his drum and they march around the schoolyard like a real marching band.
* Caillou Sings - The playschool is having a talent show and Caillou wants to sing a song, but Clementine beats him to the punch, picking the exact song he wanted to sing. When it turns out she's having trouble remembering all the words, Caillou suggests they work together and the resulting song-and-dance routine is the hit of the show!
Caillou The Builder (#303) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou the Road Builder - There's been a big storm and the playschool yard is littered with branches and other debris. The children all pitch in to help clean up the playground . When Caillou and his friends, Leo and Clementine, finish their cleanup duties they decide to build a road through the sandlot. Using simple tools and their imaginations they lay out a road, build a bridge, dig a tunnel, and even plant a tree fashioned from a leafy twig.
* Caillou's Building Adventure - When Daddy and Grandpa help a charity build a new home for a needy family, Caillou comes along to help hand out sandwiches. He gets to watch the grownups at work, and imagines himself as a construction worker. He also meets a new friend, Frankie, who shows Caillou where his new bedroom will be.
* House in the Sky - Mommy and Caillou go to visit an old friend of Mom's and her four-year-old son Kevin. Caillou is surprised to find that Kevin lives in a house in the sky - in an apartment building! He's never been in one before and finds it to be quite an adventure. He likes riding the elevator, and how the view of the city below is just like looking down on the ants in his backyard.
- KQED 9: Wed, Mar 12, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Caillou The Magnificent (#308) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Show and Tell - Caillou has to decide on a nice surprise to bring to playschool for Show and Tell. The only problem is, he can't decide between his toy dinosaur Rexy, his kite, or his toy firetruck. However, when Rosie proves to be the best at surprising everyone, Caillou decides to bring his little sister for Show and Tell.
* Caillou the Magician - Grandma shows Caillou a simple magic trick, which makes him decide to be a magician. After finding a suitable costume, he practices a new trick - making Rosie disappear! When the time comes to show Mommy and Daddy their trick, Caillou finds that making Rosie reappear might be a challenge, especially when Gilbert gets in the way!
* Caillou's Castle - Caillou wants to play castles and dragons, even though Gilbert isn't very keen on playing the dragon. Mommy asks him to share and play nicely with his sister, so Caillou and Rosie build their very own castle out of empty cardboard boxes. When Gilbert doesn't want to be the dragon, Mommy and Daddy volunteer for the part and everyone has lots of fun playing make believe.
Caillou to the Rescue (#304) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou Helps Out - Rosie is teething and just can't seem to fall asleep, so big brother Caillou decides to help. He sings her a song and finds her favourite bunny, but it isn't until he tells her a very imaginative bedtime story that she finally drifts off into the land of dreams.
* Caillou the Firefighter - The Fire chief visits Caillou's playschool to teach the children about fire drills. When Caillou is lifted up for a turn sitting in the big fire truck he imagines he is a firefighter himself hurrying though town to save the day. At the end of his turn Caillou announces he will be a firefighter when he grows up! The Fire Chief says he'd be glad to have Caillou on the team.
* Caillou to the Rescue - After a mischievous Rosie hides Caillou's cars between the cushions on the sofa, Leo and Caillou have a grand adventure pretending that they are tow truck drivers and crane operators rescuing the cars from their hiding places.
- KQED 9: Thu, Mar 13, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Caillou The Explorer (#309) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou of the Antarctic - Caillou is playing with Jeffrey and Jason when he gets accidentally pushed down. He is a little upset about it until he realizes it was an accident. Since it's so hot out Daddy treats them to ice cream and Caillou imagines he's down at the cool cool south pole playing with the penguins!
* Deep Sea Caillou - There's a new girl named Lee Wun in playschool, but she's so shy she won't talk to anybody. Miss Martin brings in a fish tank to show the class. After imagining he's a tiny deep sea diver swimming in the fishtank, Caillou discovers that Lee Wun knows a lot about fish! Encouraged to tell the others what she knows, Lee Wun is able to start making new friends.
* Caillou in the Bayou - The whole family is on the way to the beach but accidentally end up on a trail through a swamp. Caillou is disappointed, he doesn't think a swamp could be very interesting, until he takes a closer look at the creatures who live there. He imagines he's in the Bayou searching for alligators.
Caillou The Brave (#305) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou and the Big Slide - The playschool is going swimming, and it's Caillou's very first time on a water slide, but he's a little nervous and doesn't want to slide down it. Miss Martin tells him it's natural to be afraid of things the first time you try them - why, she was afraid of the swings when she was a little girl. Caillou musters up his courage and, pretending he's a brave mountain climber, he climbs up the ladder and slides down, discovering how fun water slides really are!
* Caillou the Sailor - Mommy and Daddy are going out to a party and Caillou is excited to hear that Grandpa is coming to babysit. When Grandpa arrives he brings a couple of surprises - a book about sailing ships and a real telescope. Caillou learns all about the old ships and how to salute when you say 'Aye aye Captain!' When a thunderstorm starts to rage outside Caillou is a little scared, until he pretends he's a very brave sea captain who's not afraid of storms!
* Creepy Crawlies! - Rosie doesn't like bugs - she thinks they're icky! Caillou on the other hand loves bugs since he learned all about them at playschool. He decides to teach his little sister about all the different kinds of insects in their backyard. Thanks to Caillou's stories and drawings, Rosie soon likes bugs too, almost as much as Caillou does.
- KQED 9: Fri, Mar 14, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Caillou The Scientist (#310) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench.
* Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend.
* Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together.
Caillou Cares (#501H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou's Cricket: Caillou inadvertently brings a cricket in the house and decides it'll be fun to keep it as a pet. When the cricket gets loose and Caillou goes on a wild-cricket hunt, he's suddenly able to see things from the cricket's perspective...and decides to put the cricket back outside where it belongs. Educational Objective: Wild creatures belong in their natural habitat; empathy. Dog Dilemma: When Sarah gets a new dog, Caillou is actually a little jealous. All Sarah wants to do is play with her new pup! Caillou feels a little annoyed with the dog...until he dog-sits for an afternoon and realizes Sarah's dog is actually pretty great. He and Sarah talk about their feelings, and they decide it'd be fun for all of them to play together. Educational Objective: Jealousy; the importance of communication. The Spider Issue: After looking at a spider alien comic book with his older pal, Andre, Caillou feels afraid of real spiders. He's nervous around the house, until Daddy tells him some spider facts and shows him how cool spiders can really be...and Caillou has to agree; they ARE pretty cool! Educational Objective: Learning the difference between fact and fiction.
- KQED 9: Mon, Mar 17, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Caillou The Bookworm (#311) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou the Librarian - Caillou is excited about showing Rosie the ropes when they visit the library. During storytime Caillou imagines he's in the story, riding on a dolphin. Later he and Rosie argue over a book and accidentally tear it. He doesn't want to tell the librarian, but finally musters up the courage to do so. The librarian turns out to be very nice and he helps her fix the book. And Rosie gets her very own library card!
* Caillou the Bookworm - Returning home from the library Caillou is very eager to sit down and enjoy his pirate book. Unfortunately it's a very busy day and he's having trouble finding a quiet place to look at his book. Caillou finally finds the perfect place - in his closet! By the light of his flashlight he finally gets to enjoy his book and pretends he's the pirate in the story digging up a buried treasure.
* Caillou the Storyteller - It's a rainy day at playschool and the children can't go outside. Caillou makes up a funny story about a superhero who makes the rain stop - it's Super Caillou! He tells the story to Jeffrey and Jason, and Miss Martin suggests he make his own storybook. She writes the story down and Caillou draws the pictures. By the time Mommy comes to pick him up, Caillou has his very own book to show her!
Can Do Caillou (#502H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou Roller Skates: Caillou wants to learn how to roller skate... until he realizes roller skating is very difficult. With a little help and guidance from his pre-teen friend, Daniel, Caillou decides to keep practicing, so his skills will improve - just like Daniel's did! Educational Objective: Perseverance; the importance of practicing skills in order to improve. Say Lettuce!: Caillou wants to take a picture of a bunny rabbit in Grandma's garden, but it proves a harder task then he originally thought. With a little perseverance (and a little lettuce from the garden) he finally sees the task through to the end - and gets a photo he's proud of! Educational Objective: Perseverance. ' Caillou Tries to Whistle: Clementine can whistle, and Caillou can't! Caillou tries his best to learn and practices every where he goes... but he just can't seem to get the hang of it and this embarrasses him. Mommy and Daddy reassure him this skill will come with time, but Caillou feels much better when he realizes there are things he can do that Clementine can't do - like wiggling his ears! Educational Objective: It's okay to admit you can't do something.
Caillou The Artiste (#312) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Present for Mommy - Mommy's having a bad day - first she can't find her car keys, then she and Caillou have to shovel the car out, and then the car won't start! At playschool Caillou decides to make her a present to cheer her up. His first two attempts don't turn out but he perseveres and makes her a picture of a sun - to melt all the snow!
* Caillou the Chef - Jeffrey and Jason are coming over for dinner - it's a make-your-own pizza party! Caillou feels he is an expert at this and starts to show them how to do it. When the twins both opt for less-than-traditional ingredients Caillou is upset that they're doing it all wrong. In the end, however, their pizzas turn out just fine and Caillou learns that everyone has their own unique way of doing things.
* Caillou the Painter - Caillou's got a brand new painting shirt and decides to paint something for Grandma. He has a little trouble deciding what to paint. He wants to use all his colours and paint all his favourite shapes. Mommy tells him that paintings don't have to be about something and he proceeds to make his own abstract painting! Meanwhile Rosie and Daddy are pressing a flower for Grandma. When Grandma arrives she is thrilled with her very artistic gifts.
Captain Caillou (#313) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Captain Caillou - Grandpa's got a surprise for Caillou on their trip to the park - it's a remote control sailboat! Caillou is eager to race against the other boats on the pond. He imagines himself as Captain of the fastest sailboat ever. In his eagerness to win however, Caillou goes a little too fast and the boat capsizes. Caillou is sorry he didn't win the race, but he still had lots of fun and is eager to try again next week.
* The Loudest Noise - Mommy sends Caillou to play outside because he's making too much noise and it's Rosie's nap time. Caillou notices all the loud sounds outside, especially Daddy's lawnmower, and the recycling truck. Daddy says he knows a sound that's even louder than those sounds, and takes Caillou to a road near the airport. Daddy was right - the planes taking off overhead are really, really, really loud! Caillou imagines he's a pilot of one of those planes.
* Caillou's First Wedding - Daddy and Mommy's friend Jonas is getting married. The kids are very excited about the ceremony - Caillou is the ringbearer and Rosie is the flowergirl. Caillou is also looking forward to seeing Jonas' horse Lucky again. Caillou learns to say 'Excuse me' when he wants to get by someone, and it comes in handy when he drops the rings amongst the guests!
Caillou Gets Active (#503H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
What's Ringette?: Caillou and Leo want to play hockey and are disappointed when they arrive at the rink to find Sarah and Clementine playing "ringette". Caillou has never heard of ringette before, and he doesn't want to play the game...until he learns that Mommy used to play! She teaches him a few moves, and when Caillou and Leo realize it's a lot like hockey, they're eager to join the girls' next game. Educational Objective: Keeping an open mind about trying something new. Rainy Day at the Beach: Caillou and his family are supposed to be enjoying a nice day at the beach, but it's cloudy and rainy. Mommy and Daddy think of going home, until Caillou and Rosie show them they can have fun no matter where they are - even a wet and soggy beach! Educational Objective: Making the best out of a bad situation. Caillou Climbs: Mommy takes Caillou and Clementine to an indoor rock climbing wall, but Caillou doesn't want to give it a try. It's much too intimidating! Caillou overcomes his fear by literally taking things one step at a time. Educational Objective: The importance of overcoming fear in order to try something new.
Caillou Outdoors! (#315) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Shoo, Shoo Bird, Fly Away - When birds keep eating the seeds in Mommy and Caillou's newly planted garden, they come up with the idea of making a scarecrow. It's fun picking out the clothes and drawing pictures for the face too. Caillou even imagines he's a scarecrow himself! When they are finished their scarecrow Rosie's noisy pie plates prove to be the final ingredient needed to scare away the birds!
* Caillou's Road Trip - One fine day the family is going on a car trip. Daddy says he doesn't know where they're going, they'll just see what they can find. Caillou thinks this is very strange and isn't sure it will be any fun at all. After playing a car game, they stop at a gas station for lunch and Caillou sees a really big truck. Then they ride on a ferry boat, and the captain lets Caillou blow the horn. Caillou decides that car trips are even more fun when you don't know where you're going!
* Caillou and the Dragon - There's a special visitor at Caillou's playschool - a boy named Alan who has Down's Syndrome. Caillou helps him with the things he has trouble with, like climbing and swinging on the swings. Then, when Caillou and his friends put on a little play Alan brings the house down as a very believable dragon. Caillou realizes that Alan has his own special talent - acting!
Caillou's Surprise (#316) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou's Surprise - When Caillou accidentally breaks Mommy's favourite cup, Grandma suggests they make her a new one. Caillou goes to Grandma's pottery class where he learns how to make a cup, paint it with glaze and fire it. He's a little impatient about waiting overnight for it to be ready, but the final result is worth the wait. And Mommy loves her new cup!
* A Surprise for Miss Martin - When Caillou finds out that Miss Martin's birthday is coming up, he wants to do something very special for her. He, Leo and Clementine decide to throw her a surprise birthday party. Mommy helps them make cupcakes, then shows them how to make flowers out of coloured paper. The party is a huge success - Miss Martin is very surprised, she loves her flowers, and the cupcakes are delicious!
* A Surprise Sleepover - Sarah is playing at Caillou's house when a sudden rainstorm causes a power outage. It's a little scary at first, but when the candles are lit the situation turns into a fun adventure. Sarah's mom says she can sleep over so they make a little tent and pretend they're camping.
Cooking with Caillou (#504H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou Makes a Meal: Caillou makes pizza for dinner with his family, and learns that home-made pizza can be just as good as the fast-food pizza they have delivered to their door...and it's fun to make! Educational Objective: Taking time and effort to do things yourself, rather than having them done for you. Caillou's New Groove: Mommy and Daddy are gone overnight and Grandpa and Grandma are babysitting. Caillou and Rosie are excited, until they realize Grandma and Grandpa do things a little differently than their parents. When Grandpa reads a bedtime story with different (and funnier) voices, Caillou realizes different can be good. Educational Objective: The importance of adapting to change. Caillou Goes Bowling: Caillou is hesitant to try bowling, until he gets to the bowling alley and sees how much fun his friend, Sarah, is having while bowling. Caillou gives it a try...and he likes it! Educational Objective: The importance of trying new activities.
Caillou The Helper (#317) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou the Patient - While pretending to be a jet pilot Caillou falls down and scrapes his knees. Even though it hurts, he likes the extra attention from Mommy and Rosie. He's not sure he can run anymore, until he looks out the window and sees Leo and Clementine heading to the park!
* Caillou the Police Officer - When the traffic lights near school stop working a policeman comes to direct traffic. Caillou loves watching him and learns from Miss Martin about lots of different ways that police officers help people. Caillou decides he wants to help people too, and finds a whistle for directing traffic. Unfortunately his friends aren't very willing to be directed, but he does get to put Leo the bank robber in jail under the slide. He even finds a way to help the police officer... by bringing him a cool drink when he's done his work.
* Grandpa's Friend - Grandpa takes Caillou to the park one find day to meet his friend George. George has lots of funny stories about Grandpa when he was young. Caillou learns to play croquet, and even convinces the elderly pair to play one of his games - hide and seek!
Big Time Caillou (#505H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Big Kid Caillou: Caillou's older friend Andre is coming over to play, but Caillou is a little worried that his toys are too 'little kid-ish". He quickly hides his toys, filling his room with big-boy stuff (like car magazines and grown-up games)...only to find out Andre isn't quite ready for big-boy stuff either. Educational Objective: The importance of not hiding who you really are. Caillou's Glasses: When Mommy gets a new pair of specs, Caillou wants glasses too. He pretends he has bad vision, tries to make a pair out of pipe cleaner, and even borrows an old pair of Mommy's glasses (minus the lenses). When Caillou tapes 'pretend lenses' to the frames - and can't see where he's going around the house - he finally realizes the importance of having good vision. Educational Objective: The importance of good vision - with or without glasses. Caillou's Dance Party: Miss Martin is throwing a dance party. Caillou is excited, only...he doesn't know how to dance! Caillou elicits advice from various family members, and feels more confused than ever when they each show him a different way to dance. When Caillou sees Miss Martin dancing any ol' (silly) way she wants, Caillou realizes it's more important to have fun than to worry about dance steps and styles. Educational Objective: There's more than one way to do things - like dancing!
Caillou Can Do It! (#320) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Sweet and Sour Day - Caillou is helping Grandma water her flowers and fill the birdbath. When they get thirsty and need a break from gardening, Grandma finds there's no juice to be found in the fridge. No matter, Grandma shows Caillou how to make fruit juice from scratch, and it tastes so good that Mommy asks for seconds.
* Caillou's Puppet Show - Caillou and his friends Jason and Jeffrey make finger puppets at playschool and decide to put on a puppet show for the rest of the class the next day. The next morning, however, Caillou is disappointed to find that he's caught the measles from Rosie and can't go to playschool. All is saved when the whole class comes to wish him well and the puppet show goes on as planned - through the living room window!
* Caillou's Collection - In the park Caillou starts a new hobby - collecting rocks! He finds out that Grandpa has a rock collection too, and they go to the quarry where Caillou watches a worker break up big stones into smaller ones. Caillou gets to pick out a rock for Grandpa that ends up in Grandpa's new rock garden. Which gives Caillou an idea for the perfect spot to put his own rocks.
Springtime for Caillou (#319) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Caillou's Valentines - It's Valentine's Day and Daddy surprises Mommy with a bouquet of roses at breakfast. Caillou is intrigued by the cupid on his card from Mommy. At playschool the children make valentines for all their friends. Caillou imagines he's cupid when he is delivering his cards to the appropriate mailboxes, but is upset to find he's lost his special card for his best friend Leo. Luckily, with Miss Martin's help he makes a new one and Leo really likes it! < br />* Hello Spring! - Caillou is very sad when his snowman melts away in the warm spring sunshine. He doesn't want winter to end. He helps Daddy clean up the yard and learns about composting. And during a walk in the park he is reminded of all the good things about spring - the birds returning, the warm weather, the fun things he can do outside. By the time they return home and Caillou finds the first crocuses of spring, he has decided that he's glad spring is here.
* Caillou's April Fool - Daddy plays an April Fool's trick on Mommy, setting all the clocks ahead one hour. They explain all about April Fool's Day to Caillou, who is determined to join in the fun. The hard part however, is thinking of a good trick to play. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, Caillou plays a couple of good tricks on Mommy and on Daddy too. April Fool!
Caillou Explores (#506H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou's Shadow: Caillou likes it when Miss Martin calls him a "shadow scientist"...so much so, he's afraid to admit he doesn't know everything about shadows! When Caillou's curiosity gets the better of him, he learns it's much easier to find the answers you're looking for when you ask questions. Educational Objective: Not being afraid to ask questions; deductive reasoning. High Flyers: Daniel comes for a visit and thinks he knows how to put together a model plane...without the instructions. When the plane doesn't fly properly, Caillou finally gets the courage to point out a poorly connected piece. They fix the plane and Daniel acknowledges that Caillou knows a lot for a little kid! Educational Objective: Learning to speak up and express opinions. Caillou's Leaf Pile: Caillou has fun jumping in the fall leaves with Daddy. When Daddy cleans up all the leaves, Caillou still wants to jump. He tries a few options, but doesn't get the results he was hoping for. Finally, Caillou realizes he make his own jumping pile... out of pillows! Educational Objective: Creativity; being resourceful.
Starry Night (#401) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Things that go bump in the night, and others that light up the sky, are on everyone's mind today. A family corn roast dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's under the star-studded sky prompts Grandpa to bring out his telescope and introduce Caillou to the constellations, planets, and moon. Grandpa discovers a new planetarium is opening and there's a prize for the best space costume. Caillou is thrilled when the winner turns out to be...a surprise! But fun turns to fear at bedtime when Caillou decides that a monster is lurking in his room. All's well when Mom and Dad unmask Caillou's monster as a tree branch on the window! Then, during a winter storm, the lights go out and Caillou is very afraid. Dad builds a fire in the fireplace and the family pretends they're camping. They even toast marshmallows!
Blast Off to Space Caillou (#507H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Sharing the Rocketship: While shopping for a birthday present for Clementine, Caillou and Leo decide to go 'halvsies' on a toy shuttle. They try to share it, but squabbles inevitably arise. When Caillou worries that Leo isn't talking to him anymore he finally realizes his friendship is more important than any toy. Luckily for Caillou, Leo thinks so too! In the end, the boys decide to 'gift' the toy shuttle to Clementine - who is all too happy to receive it. Educational Objective: The importance of sharing; friendship. Coach Grandpa: Grandpa is coaching Caillou's soccer team, and Caillou really wants to impress his Grandpa. So when the team starts losing, and Caillou begins to bumble on the field, Caillou decides he doesn't want to play anymore. Grandpa explains that win or lose, it's all about having fun. He's proud of Caillou, no matter what. With renewed enthusiasm, Caillou rejoins the team to have fun playing the game. Educational Objective: Having fun at sports is more important than winning. The Safety Helper: Caillou is very proud when Miss Martin makes him "Safety Helper" for the day. He takes his job very seriously, and even prevents Jeffrey from going down the slide head-first. So when the job is passed on to Leo the next day, Caillou feels crushed... until he overhears some students repeating his safety lessons, and realizes they took his message to heart. Educational Objective: Learning that you don't need a badge in order to help others.
Caillou Learns Patience (#508H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Rushing the Raspberry: Caillou is helping Mommy take care of a raspberry bush. When he promises to bring his preschool pals some raspberries, he realizes he needs to see his promise through. But it's hard waiting for berries to ripen, and it seems to take forever. When they do finally ripen, Caillou realizes good (and delicious!) things are worth waiting for. Educational Objective: Realizing good things are worth waiting for. Wait to Skate: Daddy is building an ice rink in the backyard, only Caillou can't wait to skate. When his impatience almost ruins the rink, Caillou realizes that things take time...and good things are worth waiting for. Educational Objective: The importance of having patience. Caillou's Hiccups: A spaghetti dinner (and a lot of giggling) result in Caillou getting the hiccups. Daddy thinks he knows how to cure them, and together, they embark on a series of hiccup-curing trials. But none of them see to work! Mommy insists the hiccups will go away on their own - as long as Caillou doesn't make a big deal of them... and she's right! Educational Objective: Don't make a mountain out of a molehill!
Lost and Found (#402) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
A day of new discoveries! Caillou loses his voice, finds a frog in his throat, and finds other neat ways to communicate, until the frog goes away. Later on, Caillou is missing one of his favorite socks. He searches the house, and accidentally locks himself in the basement. Daddy comes to the rescue - only he locks himself in the basement too. All is well when Mommy saves them both and finds the missing sock. Then, Caillou, Rosie and Julie, their babysitter, go on a scavenger hunt.
Safety First Caillou (#509H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou's Cross-Hop: Caillou doesn't want to hold hands and obey safety rules...until he discovers a bunch of tiny frogs that need help crossing the street. Realizing it's hard work helping others to cross the road safely, he has a new appreciation for Mommy and Daddy's rules. Educational Objective: The importance of following safety rules. Glitter Glitch: Caillou forgets to wash his glittery hands after Miss Martin asks him to, and he leaves a trail of glitter around the preschool. The shiny specks become a mystery until Miss Martin discovers the children playing 'glitter tag'...and Caillou is "it"! When Miss Martin asks the children to pretend the glitter is cold germs, Caillou realizes the importance of hand washing. Educational Objective: The importance of hand washing; following directions. The Untidy Classroom: When Caillou complains about having to tidy up, Miss Martin suggests an experiment - they won't tidy up the classroom for a few days, and they'll see what happens. At first, the kids think this is fantastic...until they can't find their puzzle pieces, they keep stepping on toys, and they can't even do their morning exercises. Caillou finally realizes it's time to tidy up, and decides to lead the clean-up crew! Educational Objective: The importance of cleaning up after oneself.
Just for Laughs (#403) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou's clowning around today and having a wonderful time. Seeing Bravo the magician at a friend's birthday party inspires Caillou to become Caillou the Great and put on a magic show of his own. He plays the clown for a wary Rosie, who's afraid of clowns until Caillou shows her they're just people wearing silly costumes. Then, Caillou gets to go to a parade; has another pretend parade with Dad; and even makes puppet clowns with Grandma. Caillou is very excited when the family takes a trip across country by train.
Caillou Helps Out (#404) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Everyone's lending a helping hand today. Caillou plans a surprise birthday party for Grandpa with Grandma's help. He and Grandma get everything ready, and Grandpa is very surprised and very happy. Caillou really likes to play with Leo's pet hamster and would love to have one of his own. He doesn't realize how much hard work having a hamster can be until he offers to look after Leo's pet while Leo and his parents are out of town. He soon realizes it's not all fun and games - especially with Gilbert around! Mom is upset when the mailman only brings bills, bills and more bills. Caillou and Dad decide to make a nice letter for her and they give it to the mailman to deliver. Mom is thrilled to get such a nice letter from Caillou. On another day, Caillou is really looking forward to a special day with Dad, but Dad gets a bad cold and has to stay home. Caillou is pretty disappointed at first, but then with some help from Mom, Dr. Caillou looks after patient Dad.
Caillou's Toy Trouble (#510H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
No Tradebacks!: Caillou decides to trade his tiny toy shovel for some stickers...but changes his mind when he sees what his friend, Jay, can do with that toy shovel! Then Caillou tries to get the shovel back - even though they agreed to "no tradebacks" - and eventually hurts his friend's feelings. When Caillou realizes Jay is upset, he decides to stick to his word, knowing that their friendship - and his word - is more important. Educational Objective: Learning to stick to your word, especially when sharing. Shoe Story: Caillou desperately wants a pair of snazzy light-up sneakers like the ones Clementine has...until he realizes she can't jump in puddles while wearing them (for fear of ruining the lights), or get the shoes dirty, or kick a ball for fear of scratching them. Caillou decides his old sneakers are just fine because he can do so many fun things in them! Educational Objective: Realizing new isn't always better. Rollie Racers: Rollie Racers (toy cars) are the latest craze, and Caillou wants them...lots of them! Caillou begs his parents to take him to the mall, and they finally agree - but only after Caillou helps Daddy with a very special chore! Caillou "helps" Daddy fix their car...and he begins to have so much fun, he forgets all about going to the mall for Rollie Racers. Educational Objective: Toys are great, but time spent with family can be so much better; consumerism.
Considerate Caillou (#511H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Caillou's Song: Caillou wants to learn to play a song on his little keyboard...only Rosie won't leave him alone. She keeps distracting him, trying to chime in with her drum, and pots and pans, and silly singing. When Caillou sees his sister playing on a 'pretend' keyboard - just like Caillou - he decides to let Rosie join in his music fun. Educational Objective: Accommodating younger siblings. Follow Me: Caillou tries to befriend his new classmate, Andy, but finds he isn't getting very far. When Caillou tries to see things through Andy's eyes, and realizes he prefers quiet activities - like drawing - Caillou finally finds a way for them to be friends. Educational Objective: Different people have different thoughts/feelings/preferences; it helps to try and see things from someone else's perspective. Where's Caillou?: Caillou wants someone to play with, but he doesn't want to play dollies with Rosie...again! In an effort to get away from his pesky little sister, Caillou hides. As Rosie searches around the house for Caillou, her efforts soon turn into a fun game of hide-and-seek...giving both siblings something fun to do! Educational Objective: Finding fun in unusual places - even with a little sister!
Caillou Tells The Truth (#512H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Olive Muddle: Grandma brings over some delicious treats for the kids to try - only they're full of olives. Caillou doesn't like olives, but he doesn't know how to tell Grandma he doesn't like her cherished dishes...until...he can't stand to eat another one! Caillou blurts out the truth and realizes Grandma isn't upset - everyone has likes and dislikes - even her! Educational Objective: The importance of honesty; communicating with others. Caillou's Clay Play: Caillou and Leo accidentally break Rosie's clay poodle while playing. Instead of telling the truth, they try to make another clay poodle for Rosie...but end up with a few misshapen oddities - e.g. a lionoodle and an elephantoodle. When Caillou and Leo finally confess, it turns out Rosie is equally happy with her new and unique clay creatures. Educational Objective: Realizing it's better to tell the truth after damaging someone's property. The Lightning Ball Express: Mrs. Howard brings over an old train set for Caillou to play with. Caillou has much fun with it...until he breaks the train! Instead of telling Mrs. Howard, Caillou attempts to hide from her. When his rouse fails, Caillou confesses to breaking the train and is surprised to learn that Mrs. Howard's son broke it many a time as a child...and she knows how to fix it! Educational Objective: It's always better to tell the truth.
Imagine! (#405) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Today, Caillou discovers something inside him that makes ordinary things fun: imagination! Unable to fly his kite on a windless day, Caillou stares at the clouds and finds they're really wagons, balloons and dinosaurs, if you look at them just right. When rain grounds his kite another day, Caillou and Dad turn the living room into a pirate ship. Just like his Daddy, Caillou loves anything to do with cars, so he's very happy when Dad asks him to help wash the family car. And while he sits in the car, he imagines he's driving a car to the beach. It's also fun playing with his friend George, who no one can see but Caillou. Later, Caillou, Rosie and Julie the baby-sitter travel to all sorts of pretend far away places. Among them are the desert with its camel and oasis, the big mountain they climb and finally the river and waterfalls in the steamy tropical forest.
Springtime! (#416) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou is excited that spring is coming, but is disappointed when he finds out there will be no more snow. Caillou and Sarah find a way to save a patch of snow they find under the porch, but soon learn they can't keep it forever. Mom and Dad are busy with spring-cleaning and Caillou wants to help. After a couple of ill-fated attempts, Mom and Dad give Caillou his very own chore to do. Then, Caillou's excited because it's raining and he's looking forward to puddle splashing when he goes out with his Mommy. It seems like forever before they can leave because there's always something else he has to do. By the time they're ready to go the rain has stopped, but there are still plenty of puddles for Caillou to jump in! Caillou is very excited about the neighborhood rummage sale until he's asked to figure out what he'd like to contribute. He's not so sure he wants to part with any of his toys. But in the end he's pretty happy with the new stuff he comes home with.
Caillou in the Garden (#521H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Blueberry Point: It's Grandpa's birthday! In an effort to keep Grandpa away from the house (for a surprise party), Caillou takes Grandpa for a walk on Blueberry Point. Caillou wants to surprise his grandfather with a basket of blueberries as a gift...and he's disappointed when he only finds a handful of berries. Grandpa insists spending time together is the best gift Caillou could give him...and he's plenty surprised when they arrive back at the house to find it's full of family and friends. Educational Objective: Realizing time spent together is the best gift. Class Pet: Caillou is very excited to look after Hamish, the class hamster, for the weekend. He's soooo excited, he ignores his own pet, Gilbert. When Gilbert disappears, Caillou realizes he's been unfair to his cat and sets out to make things right again. Educational Objective: The importance of sharing time with others; not playing favourites. In the Garden: Caillou wants to surprise Daddy with a weed-free garden for his birthday, but soon finds there's one major challenge - Rosie! While Caillou wants to pull the weeds, Rosie wants to pull the flowers. Caillou tries to keep Rosie busy and out of the flower beds, but nothing seems to work, until...he realizes Rosie can pull the dandelions! Not only does Rosie help with the weeding, but she also puts together a lovely dandelion bouquet for Daddy. Educational Objective: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; problem solving.
Animals and Me! (#439) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Grandma takes Caillou on a special visit to a sheep farm. There, Mary, a 10-year-old girl, takes Caillou on a tour, teaching him about sheep, sheering, and the spinning of wool. When Mom, Rosie and Caillou go to the zoo, Caillou can't wait to see the elephants. They see a parrot, a monkey, a hippopotamus and finally the elephants! Caillou is in complete awe and comes to the realization that animals have families too. Caillou and Dad go over to Mr. Hinkle's house to help him build a dog house. Caillou soon meets Mr. Hinkle's guests, a Mommy dog with her two puppies. When Mom takes Caillou to Clementine's to see her new pet, she won't tell Caillou what kind of animal it is. Caillou soon discovers that Clementine's new pet is a goldfish named Goldie! When Caillou, Grandpa and Daddy go on a canoe trip, Caillou gets to see some wild animals in their natural habitat. When they get to the cabin, they gather wood for the campfire and Caillou learns how to roast marshmallows on the fire.
Nature (#411) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Today Caillou discovers the wonders of the natural world. Grandma introduces Caillou to the many birds that live in the park, and then gives him a bird house for his own backyard. That's why Caillou's prepared when he and Sarah find a baby bird that's fallen from its nest, and they nurse it back to health. Later, Caillou and his daycare buddies have a treasure hunt in the forest. With Sarah and a magnifying glass, Caillou pretends to be a jungle explorer, hunting "big game" in the garden. On another day, Caillou and his family go away for a weekend of camping in the woods. He climbs a mountain with Daddy and really, really hopes he will get to see a moose before it is time to go home.
Words (#406) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Writing and reading are the focus today. Caillou is all excited to read the weekend paper with Daddy, but the wind and a very mischievous cat delay his reading time. With a little patience and persistence, Caillou finally gets to enjoy his favorite comic strip. Later, when Mommy is upset because the mailman only brings bills, bills, and more bills, she tells Caillou that it would be great to get a nice letter for a change. Caillou and Daddy decide to write Mommy a really nice letter, and the next morning they give it to the mail carrier to deliver. Mommy is thrilled! On another day, Sarah invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 24, 2014 -- 1:30pm email reminder
Creative Caillou (#513H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Sarah's Kite: Caillou flies Sarah's kite...and accidentally crashes it into a tree. Determined to get a new kite for Sarah, Caillou is disappointed when Mommy can't find a store that sells them. When Daddy suggests they make a kite, Caillou isn't convinced it'll be better than a store-bought kite...until it's finally finished! Sarah and Caillou are thrilled with their homemade kite - because they made it together. Educational Objective: Making amends; store bought isn't necessarily better than homemade. Caillou's New Game: Caillou has some friends over and they want to play a game, only it's not quite working out for them. Mommy is painting Caillou's bedroom and he can't get to his toybox; Sarah's dog chews up his ball; and a tug-of-war results in a frayed skipping rope. When Caillou sees Mommy mixing paint from odds and ends, he decides to be creative too. He and pals create their own fun game! Educational Objective: A little ingenuity goes a long way! Shiny Reminder: Caillou promises to return Leo's special marker after borrowing it...only, he can't seem to remember to bring it to preschool! After a few failed attempts at remembering, Caillou finally realizes - with the help of Miss Martin and her sticky notes - that he needs something visual to help him remember...and a shiny sticker is just the trick! Educational Objective: It's important to return borrowed items; finding active ways to help oneself remember.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Apr 25, 2014 -- 1:30pm email reminder
I Can Do It! (#407) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Caillou's learning to do new things, and discovering it's okay to have help while he learns. To prove he's ready to help Dad paint the porch, Caillou paints Rosie's dollhouse first - and Gilbert, with paint-dipped paws, does some painting too! Caillou moves from renovation to recreation when Dad and Sarah teach him to play baseball; Dad teaches him to swim; and Clementine goads him into going down the big kids' slide. Mom shows Caillou how to tie his shoes but he get frustrated and stops trying. With courage and practice, he's soon able to do these things on his own.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 28, 2014 -- 1:30pm email reminder
After Dark! (#410) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
Things get a little scary today. Caillou and his new neighbours, Jason and Jeffery, are playing hide and go seek in the backyard, until dusk brings out the shadows. A flashlight and Mommy help chase the shadows away. That evening, Caillou can't fall asleep when he hears scary "scratchy monster" noises and thinks there's a monster in his room. Daddy shows him that a tree branch brushing against the window is making the noises and the only monster in Caillou's room is Gilbert. Later, a bad dream about a scary monster leads to a restless night for Caillou. Mommy and Daddy help him learn to fall asleep safely in his own bed. And, finally, when Caillou sleeps over at Leo's house for the first time, he has fun until it's time to go to sleep. A phone call to Mommy reminds Caillou that Teddy was looking forward to spending the night. Together they rest easily.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 29, 2014 -- 1:30pm email reminder
Caillou's Discoveries (#516H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Where is Mars?: Caillou and Daddy are finishing up a model of the solar system for show-and-tell...until the little red ball they're using for Mars disappears. Where did it go? Caillou continually blames Rosie...and he discovers it was Gilbert who ran off with the little planet! Caillou apologizes to his sister, realizing he shouldn't jump to conclusions. Educational Objective: The importance of not jumping to conclusions; blaming others. Emma's Extra Snacks: Caillou is confused when Emma is allowed to have extra snacks at preschool. He's even more confused when Miss Martin explains that Emma has Type 1 Diabetes. Worried about his friend, Caillou becomes very protective of Emma, not wanting her to do anything - not even go down the slide! But when Emma outruns Caillou in a race, he soon realizes Emma's diabetes isn't like a cold or flu. It's something Emma has to live with every day...and she's doing a pretty good job of it. Educational Objective: Realizing having a chronic illness doesn't mean one needs to put one's life on hold. Lost and Found: When things begin to go missing around the house - like Mommy's keys - Mommy blames Gilbert. Caillou is sure Gilbert didn't take them...and he sets out to prove it! Together, Caillou, Mommy and Rosie backtrack through the house and eventually discover Caillou's theory was right - Gilbert didn't take the keys -- Mommy left them in the door handle! Educational Objective: The importance of not jumping to conclusions.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 30, 2014 -- 1:30pm email reminder