Barney & Friends
A unique blending of education and entertainment for preschool children. Each episode emphasizes language and cognitive development, physical activity and social interaction.
The Magic Words and Litterbot (#1102) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Magic Words: In her eagerness to play with her friends, Baby Bop forgets to say "please" and "thank you". Barney tells her that these two words can be magic--they are polite words to use and people feel good when they hear them. Baby Bop has a daydream where she just can't say the magic words no matter how hard she tries! After her daydream, she remembers to be polite and always use the magic words!
* Litterbot: Riff shares his dream of becoming an inventor with his friends. When Baby Bop's papers blow off the table and litter the park, Riff seizes the opportunity to show them his first invention. He invented something to pick up litter...the Litterbot! In the end, the robot malfunctions and creates even more trash. It's up to Barney and Baby Bop to teach Riff that they don't need a robot to clean up -they can clean up after themselves!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Sep 18, 2014 -- 1:00pm
Bop 'til You Drop and the Sleepless Sleepover (#1103) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bop 'til You Drop: The park is especially full of kids today, but all of them are busy playing. Baby Bop can't find anyone to play what she wants to play. When the others notice she is sad, they tell her they will play whatever she suggests. This works well at first, until Baby Bop becomes a little bossy. Barney helps her understand that being bossy isn't a nice way to treat your friends.
* The Sleepless Sleepover: Barney and his friends are planning an overnight campout in the park. Melanie has never been on a campout, and she's feeling a little nervous. When Barney tells her all about the fun they will have, Melanie decides to give it a try. What could be better than sharing her very first campout with her friends and Barney?
- KQED Plus: Fri, Sep 19, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Pistachio and Full Team Ahead (#1101) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Pistachio: Barney is snacking on pistachios...and just can't seem to stop! His young friends try to help by hiding them from Barney. When that doesn't work, they tell him a story to help him stop eating pistachios. An unexpected avalanche of pistachios convinces Barney that the others may be right. Sometimes, even Barney can learn a lesson from his caring friends!
* Full Team Ahead: BJ is looking everywhere to find players for his baseball team. But when his baseball-impaired cousin Riff asks to play, BJ is faced with a difficult choice. BJ postpones his decision, but not before he has hurt Riff's feelings. Barney helps BJ explore the deeper meaning of team sports, friendships, and winning. This helps the cousins realize that their friendship puts them on the same team...now and forever!
- KQED Plus: Sat, Sep 20, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Little Red Rockin' Hood and the Whole Truth (#1104) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Little Red Rockin' Hood: Baby Bop is having a hard time finding a story she hasn't heard before. Barney and the little dinos decide to tell her an old story with a new twist! They tell the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" in a whole new way...by singing it!
The Whole Truth: A talented young artist is painting a portrait of Barney, but when she has to step away, BJ is mistaken for the artist of the portrait. BJ has a hard time correcting this misunderstanding. The situation snowballs as the others beg him to teach them to paint like that! In the end, BJ admits the truth and learns that honesty is the best policy!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Sep 22, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Wind and the Sun and the Nature of Things (#1105) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Wind and the Sun: Baby Bop is excited to set up a lemonade stand on a beautiful, sunny day. Unfortunately, BJ thinks her spot is the perfect place to fly his kite. The two begin to argue about which is better, the sun or the wind. After sharing the story of "The Wind and the Sun," Barney teaches them that kindness always works better than force.
* The Nature of Things: Rachel enters the park and carelessly throws her trash on the ground. Later, when she falls asleep in the caboose, she has a dream that the park animals can talk. Through the animals' and Barney's help, Rachel learns that the park is home to many creatures. She learns the importance of nature and of keeping our earth clean!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The New Kid and Grandpa's Visit (#1106) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The New Kid: When Riff meets a new friend in the park, BJ feels a little left out. BJ goes to great lengths to try to find a new friend for himself. Barney helps BJ see that we don't have to forget old friends when we make new ones.
* Grandpa's Visit: Barney, Baby Bop and the children are planning to go to a movie. Ryan learns he can't come along because his Grandpa is coming to visit from out of town. Ryan is disappointed - he wanted to go to the movie with his friends. When Grandpa arrives, Ryan soon realizes his Grandpa is a lot of fun!
Barney's Big Garden and Listen! (#1107) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Barney's Big Garden: Baby Bop wants Barney, BJ and the kids to play with her instead of working in their garden. They promise to play with her as soon as they finish. Baby Bop can't wait, and tries many ways to get them to come play with her now, none of which work. When her friends do come to play, they have a tea party and enjoy some of the fresh vegetables from the garden. Baby Bop discovers that some things are worth the wait!
* Listen: When Riff hears a mysterious sound in the park, he plays detective, trying to solve the mystery. Barney and the children join in the fun. Along the way, they explore the sense of sound while identifying sounds of nature and the neighborhood.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Sep 25, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Lost and Found and Pot Full of Sunshine (#1108) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Lost and Found: When everyone gets tickets to the circus, BJ convinces them to let him hold onto the tickets until show time. Distracted by the fun of playing basketball, BJ loses the tickets. After a frantic search, he finds the tickets and learns a valuable lesson about responsibility.
* A Pot Full of Sunshine: On a day of fun with Barney and her friends, Baby Bop discovers a lonely little flower, struggling to grow in a shady spot in the park. She takes it to a sunny spot, nurtures it, and makes it her friend. Baby Bop is thrilled when the flower blooms. On the first day of a cold fall morning, the flower dies and Baby Bop is heartbroken. But with help from her friends, she deals with her grief, and gains hope for the future.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Sep 26, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Trail Boss Barney and Get Happy! (#1109) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Trail Boss Barney: Three children try to build a pretend farm, but have a hard time working together. Barney takes them to a ranch to show them how all the people there have to work together to keep things running smoothly. The children learn about cooperation and fun on a ranch, and even get to meet a celebrity cowboy cook!
* Get Happy: Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and Riff discover a sad little girl in the park one day and try to cheer her up. Nothing seems to work, so Riff invents a Happiness Machine. In the end, it is her friends who made her happy, not the machine at all!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Sep 29, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
For The Fun of It and Starlight, Star Bright (#1110) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* For the Fun of It: After BJ sees Terry play basketball, he wants to learn the teenager's fancy moves. He's trying so hard, but just can't seem to do it! More importantly, he's not even having fun anymore. After some advice from Barney and Terry, BJ decides to do his best and have fun!
* Starlight, Star Bright: On a campout at the park, Barney and the others have fun imagining cloud and star pictures in the sky. Suddenly, Baby Bop sees a falling star. She wants to find it and return it to the sky, but instead finds only a lightning bug. With the help of Barney, his friends and a little imagination, they all send a paper star soaring into the sky to replace the star that fell.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Sep 30, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Big As Barney and No, No, No! (#1111) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Big as Barney: When Ryan notices how much everyone loves Barney, he tries to be just like him; but he has a hard time filling Barney's shoes. Then Ryan learns that he is special when he's just being himself!
* No, No, No!: It's just "one of those days" for Baby Bop! Every time she turns around, someone is telling her "no!" As her frustrations grow, Barney explains that the word "no" can help you avoid making mistakes or getting hurt.
The Emperor's Contest and Beethoven's Hear! (#1112) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Emperor's Contest: Everyone is excited about a fishing contest that is being held in the park, everyone except Ryan, who doesn't want to follow the contest rules. When Ryan is tempted not to follow the rules, Barney tells a story called "The Emperor's Contest" about a boy who had a similar problem. When it's over, Ryan decides that honesty is the best policy!
* Beethoven's Hear!: Riff can hear music in anything! When he meets a friend who can't hear well, Riff wonders if he would still like music if he couldn't hear so well. Barney tells everyone about a famous musician named Beethoven who wrote beautiful music even though he couldn't hear it.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 2, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Guess Who? and Sweet Treats (#1113) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Guess Who?: BJ and Baby Bop decide to get Halloween celebrations underway with a costume party. But when it comes to picking costumes, Riff just can't decide! That night, as the festivities get underway, Riff makes a grand entrance proudly wearing a costume that suits him perfectly!
* Sweet Treats: Barney and his friends go trick-or-treating in the park. One of Barney's friends discovers all his candy is gone...he has a hole in his bag! BJ shares his candy and everyone learns how nice it is to share with friends!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 3, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Best In Show and the Chase (#1114) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Best in Show: When the kids decide to have a Dog Show to show off their pets, BJ feels a little left out. He doesn't have a dog, and he sure wishes he did! A friend from the park shares her dog with BJ so he can join in the fun. Everyone has a great time and realizes that all of their dogs are winners!
* The Chase: On a rainy day, Barney and his friends are having a hard time deciding what to do because everyone wants to play the same role!. Barney tells a Native American tale called "The Chase", to help everyone understand that it's best to think for themselves and not to follow the crowd.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Oct 6, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Dream Big and That's What A Mommy Is (#1115) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dream Big: As he watches birds fly overhead, Riff begins to daydream of flying. He decides to build his very own rocket ship and fly to Mars. The flight is not exactly a success, but Barney encourages him to never give up on his dream.
* That's What a Mommy Is: After seeing many moms playing with their kids in the park, Baby Bop is curious. She wonders what makes somebody a mommy. With Barney's help, she learns all about what makes mommies so special!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 7, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Shrinking Blankey and the Awful Tooth (#1116) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Shrinking Blankey: Baby Bop's blankey seems to be getting smaller; she's convinced it's shrinking. But Barney shows her that, actually, SHE is growing. She is not sure she likes this idea at first, but Barney soon helps her see that growing and changing are very good things!
* The Awful Tooth:Riff takes a bite of ice cream and realizes that he has a very sore tooth. He's a little afraid of going to the dentist to have it checked, so the others put on a show to help him see that the dentist is his friend and that there isn't anything to be afraid of.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 8, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Blame Game and What's Your Name (#1117) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Blame Game: Marcos accidentally breaks an art show project that Melanie has made. Afraid that she will be angry, he doesn't say anything, but then feels guilty. Barney helps him see that honesty and taking responsibility for what we do is always best.
* What's Your Name?: One of Barney's friends, Myra, has decided she doesn't like her name. After learning all about many names, and what they mean, Barney helps her see that it's a very special name -because it's hers.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 9, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Magic Caboose and Bj The Great (#1118) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Magic Caboose: Melanie is sad because she misses her friend who is visiting relatives in India. Barney shows his friends that it's fun to go to new places and see new things by taking them on an imaginary journey on the Magic Caboose!
* BJ the Great: BJ wants to be a great magician, but he doesn't want to spend any time practicing. He convinces Baby Bop to help him do a trick, and makes her disappear. When BJ thinks she is gone forever, he realizes the importance of practice. Luckily, Baby Bop hasn't disappeared after all!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 10, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Gift of the Dinos and a Visit to Santa (#1119) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Gift of the Dinos: It's Christmas and BJ dreams of getting a new baseball glove to go with his baseball, while Riff hopes for new drumsticks to use his drum. Barney reminds them that Christmas is more than just getting gifts and helps them learn the meaning of Christmas.
* A Visit to Santa: Melanie spends so much time helping her friends at Christmas that she is late writing her own letter to Santa. Barney takes her on a trip to the North Pole to deliver the letter in person.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Oct 13, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Riff's Musical Zoo and the Princess and the Frog (#1120) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Riff's Musical Zoo: Everyone is excited about an upcoming trip to the zoo. When the trip is postponed, Riff decides to create a musical zoo. He gathers instruments that sound like real animals. Everyone has a wonderful time at Riff's musical zoo.
* The Princess and the Frog: When Baby Bop hesitates on keeping her promise to watch Ryan's pet frog while he's away, Barney tells her a tale about keeping your word. The friends help tell the story of "The Frog Prince" and Baby Bop learns a lesson in friendship along the way!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 14, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Way to Go! A Travel Adventure (#1201) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Inspired by Daniel's trip the next day, Baby Bop wants to go on a trip of her own! With the help of Barney, and their imaginations, Baby Bop, Riff, and the kids have fun exploring all types of travel using cardboard boxes. Their grand finale ends up being on a cardboard cruise ship sailing "over the ocean blue."
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 15, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Misbegotten Moon, A Space Adventure (#1202) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
To her dismay, Baby Bop sees a half-moon and thinks the moon is broken in half! Through comic events, she goes on a search to find the missing pieces. Barney takes her and the kids on a magical adventure to the moon where she meets the Man in the Moon who eases her concerns.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 16, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Sword in the Sandbox, A Storybook Adventure (#1203) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Daniel tries to jump-rope with some older kids, but intimidation sets in. He's convinced that he's just too little to do anything right. Barney helps our young protagonist by telling him a story of "The Sword in the Sandbox," a comical re-telling of the King Arthur legend. In the end, Daniel learns that there are many things he can do... if he tries hard enough.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 17, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Riff to the Rescue! A Wild West Adventure (#1204) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
A spoof on the Wild West movies that have the dutiful Sheriff vs. the outlaw. Barney tells Riff, who's hesitant to become the captain of the baseball team, the story of his great-great-grandpa Riffle from the Wild West. Riffle was also hesitant to be the one in command, especially when Bossy Bop tries to manage the town. But after becoming the Sheriff, he proves that he can take charge and convince Bossy Bop to play well with others.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Oct 20, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Lights, Camera, Action, A Movie Adventure (#1205) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Grace's food drive isn't going too well. Melanie decides to help her friend out by putting on a movie premier for a canned food admission price. When Baby Bop, BJ, and Riff try to help Melanie, they come up with different ideas that lead up to a cacophony of topsy-turvy events. With Barney's help, Melanie saves the day with an idea of her own - to make a movie about her friends and their mishaps.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 21, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
To Catch A Thief, A Mystery Adventure (#1206) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When several different balls suddenly disappear without a trace, it's detective BJ to the rescue! BJ is determined to find and capture the mysterious ball thief. When BJ accidentally accuses his best friend, Riff, he learns the importance of not jumping to conclusions.
The Magic Lamp, A Travel Adventure (#1207) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Layla and her friends celebrate her birthday with traditional Lebanese foods. Layla is apprehensive about being "different," but everyone loves the new treats! With a little help from Barney, everyone is transported to a Lebanese marketplace where Leila learns that she and her culture are both truly special!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 23, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Amazing Captain Pickles, A Hero Adventure (#1208) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
BJ learns a lesson about bragging when he tells everyone that he, Captain Pickles, can leap over the moon! Baby Bop (also known as Wonder Princess) has some serious doubts about who is the greatest superhero! Barney helps BJ learn the importance of being honest!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 24, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
A Game for Everyone, A Sports Adventure (#1209) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids are planning a Sports Day in the park. When they meet Jill, a new friend who is too shy to participate, Barney explains that Jill might just need a little encouragement to join the fun. In the end, Sports Day is a huge success for everyone... even Jill!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Oct 27, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
The Reluctant Dragon, A Fairy Tale Adventure (#1210) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney teaches that you can't tell from the outside what someone might be like on the inside. He does this by telling a story about a dragon that wasn't at all what others thought she was. The villagers were afraid of her, but it turns out, she wasn't scary at all...as a matter of fact, she was a very nice dragon who liked to knit socks and drink tea!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 28, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Bienvenido, Barney: Mexico (#1301H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Baby Bop's friend Monty the butterfly passes through the park with a flock of friends on their way to Mexico. When Monty gets left behind by his insect friends and family, Barney takes everyone on a visit to Mexico, where Baby Bop will say good-bye to her butterfly friend.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 29, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Big Brother Rusty: China (#1302H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney's excited to find out that Rusty's family is adopting a new baby girl from China; however, Rusty feels differently. He's not sure if he's going to be a good brother, and he doesn't know much about China. Barney takes him, BJ and Baby Bop on an adventure to China where he can learn more about his new sister's heritage. By the time he returns to the park, Rusty excitedly meets his new baby sister and realizes he will be the best big brother ever!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 30, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
Ahora Mismo: Spain (#1303H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When Ben arrives too late to get a pony ride he must learn how to wait the hard way. He's always wanted a horse and now it looks as if he's missed his opportunity. Luckily, Barney takes him to Spain where they meet Regalo, a dancing horse! Ben and Barney return to the park just in time for Ben to get a pony ride after all!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 31, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder